Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

You're Not Alone

"Wow"Tyler spoke, entering his bedroom to find me slipping into a tight red dress.

"I thought you'd like it"I replied, smirking as he made his way over towards me.

He bit down hard on his lip, as his arms wrapped themselves around me. His eyes focusing intenly on my exposed clevage that I knew would capture his attention. "Damn, Gilbert"He whispered.

I breathed in his strong, after shaved scent, closing my eyes at the feel of his soft lips tracing delicate kisses along my neck. I wrapped my arms around his strong shoulders, his hands skimming lower down my body till they reached my thighs. "Tyler .. "I spoke, yet he didn't stop. With little effort, he had lifted me up, my legs wrapped firmly around his torso.

"Ty, c'mon .. we can't do this right now"I said, once realising he had carried me onto his bed.

"Shh"He whispered, using both hands to cup my cheeks, closing the gap between us.

Breaking off from the kiss, I struggled to squirm out of his grasp. "Stop"I insisted, when he refused to let go of me, his strong hands keeping hold of my waist.

"What's wrong with you?"He mumbled, causing me to sigh in frustration.

"I .. I just can't."I spoke, feeling a lump form in my throat.

Refusing to make eye contact, I got up from the bed and made my way over to the mirror. I glanced quickly at my reflection, running a hand through my loose curls.

"You know, if you're not up for this tonight, then you don't need to be here Blake"Tyler's voice sounded, as he pulled off his t-shirt.

"So basically what you're saying is, that if we're not going to have sex then I might as well leave?"I retorted, watching as he began to fasten the buttons on his shirt

Narrowing his eyes, he hesitated before speaking. "I was talking about the fundraiser. You know the one that's being hosted here in less than an hour?"

Slipping into my platforms, I remained quiet. "I mean, you don't seem to be in the best of moods tonight and call me crazy, but i'm pretty sure I was just being considerate"Tyler continued, "I wasn't even implying anything to do with sex"

All at once, it came crashing down on me. That overwhelming feeling of guilt that i'd been trying so hard to fight. "Tyler .. "I spoke, but I knew he wasn't listening.

"I'll see you in a while"He replied, a look of sadness present on his normally seductive grin, as he walked out of the bedroom.

Sighing, I flopped down onto the bed, my mind trapped in a haze. All I wanted was an escape route, a path I could take that would allow me to run away for a while. Run free from all of my problems. But unfortunately for me and for the rest of the world, life didn't work that way.

* * * * *

After what felt like an eternity of smiling politely at sophisticated strangers and sucking up to Mystic Fall's most elite residents, I felt myself going numb. I was tired, worn out and in major need of alchol. Lots of alchol. So, in my frenzied state of mind, I made my way to the mini-bar that was set up in the lounge, barely noticing when I bumped into a tall, muscular figure.

"Blake?"He asked, a grin forming on his cheeks. It wasn't until I had steadied myself that I recognised the person who was staring at me. His brow beginning to raise over a set of perfect green eyes.

"Hey!"I answered enthusiastically, blushing idiotically at the awkwardness that had just occured.

"Are you alright?"He replied, a look of concern spread across his face.

"Oh, yeah. God, i'm sorry for running into you. Believe it or not, i've actually not had a drink yet"

He laughed lightly, his eyes skimming along my clevage before bringing his gaze to mine.

"Well, in that case, i'd like to buy you one"He offered, "Is that alright?"

Smiling, I nodded my head in acceptance. "Ofcourse, thank you"

As we made our way to the bar, I took in a deep breath. It was time I let loose for a while and if not with my boyfriend who had seemed to disappear, then why not with a perfectly decent and generous human being who's company I knew i'd enjoy.

"So you're from the West Coast huh?"I smiled, sipping on a cocktail.

"Born and raised"Ryan replied proudly. "But, uh, my dad lives over here"

"Oh"I said, pausing awkwardly, unsure of whether or not to change the subject.

"Yeah, my parents seperated when I was ten. It was a tough time for me, but I got through it. I mean, I didn't want to leave California, but it was hard for me to watch my dad just take off the way he did."

Biting down softly on my lip, my eyes met with his. They were so bright, that I could've swore whenever he blinked, the room lit up just that little bit more.

"It's why I come over here at every opportunity I get."He continued, bringing me back into reality.

"Well, if it means anything, I admire your stability. Travelling back and forth between states, it must get pretty tiring and yet you do it."I said, "Plus the fact that it all happened to you at such a young age"

He smiled graciously, before lifting up his drink. "Cheers to that"He toasted, as I chinked my glass together with his, taking another sip.

"Cheers"I repeated, smiling warmly.

After talking some more about ourselves, Ryan politely excused himself. Leaving me to ponder over how wonderful a guy he was, when i'd barely known him a day or two. He was real, genuine. Unlike a lot of people in this town, I thought. Or, maybe it was his Californian charm that had captivated me.

"Excuse me?"A quiet, feminine voice called just as I was about to leave the bar.

Turning around to face the voice, I almost caught my breath.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but you look so familiar ... have we ever met before?"

I stood in awe, unable to answer her question as my eyes took in the familiar blonde hair and light blue eyes that had once been grovelling at my knees for help.

"There you are"A smooth voice announced, "I was beginning to think i'd lost you"

You have got to be kidding me I thought, when Damon came sauntering towards us, handing the blonde haired girl a glass of champagne.

"Well, well."He said, flashing his blue eyes towards me. "Don't you look dashing tonight"

Rolling my eyes, I shook him off, turning my attention back to the girl.

"My name is Blake Gilbert, but you must be mistaken. We've never met before. Have a nice evening and please excuse me"I said, glancing back once more to Damon who had a curious look upon his face.

Taking a walk outisde, I sat down on the steps that led up to the entrance, letting out a breath of air. I traced my eyes across the sky, towards the full moon and the stars that danced around it. Then, breaking the silence that surrounded me, I laughed nonchalantly, knowing that if I didn't, my alternative would be to cry. I didn't even flinch as I heard the door open behind me.

"Blake, is that you?"A soothing voice questioned, edging closer towards me.

"The one and only"I replied lazily, not bothering to look behind me.

"Are you alright?"It continued, taking a seat beside me on the steps.

I didn't bother to reply, until I noticed that it was Stefan who had sat down. His lovely hazel eyes, glistening with concern.

"I really don't think you want to know the answer to that Stefan"I said, sighing lightly.

"Try me"He argued, causing me to smile slightly.

"Well"I began, "It's complicated and I - "

"Blake, i'm a one hundred and forty year old vampire. I think I can handle complicated"He interrupted, sending me a reassuring glance.

"Alright"I breathed, turning to face him. "You want to know the truth, then here it is. I'm afraid, Stefan. I'm afraid of the things I know. What i've seen. Of the life i've been living recently. I've been keeping people in the dark, pretending that i'm perfectly stable with everything that's been going on. I've been lying to myself, to my family, to Tyler. And I don't know how much longer I can go on pretending."

I had let it out, after weeks of silence. All the pain, all the suffering that I knew I didn't need to face alone anymore. I breathed in, resting my head against Stefan's shoulder as his arm protectively wrapped itself around me, embracing me warmly.

"You don't need to be afraid, Blake"Stefan spoke, his voice soothing. "Damon and I, we're not going to let anything bad happen to you or Elena or to any innocent person in this town. I understand what you're going through, I understand exactly. That feeling of isolation, confusion, loneliness. But you're not alone. You have someone who's been where you are now, someone who I know would love for you to not keep her in the dark anymore. Someone I know"Stefan said, "That would put you first, before herself"

A warm tear ran down my cheek, as his words reminded me of something i'd forgot. "Elena"I whispered, realising that ofcourse she had been exactly where I was now.

"You should talk to her, I guarantee that she'll know just what you need right now"Stefan spoke.

Lifting my head from his shoulder, I kissed his cheek gently. "Thank you"I whispered.

* * * * *

As the end of the night approached, there was one more thing I had left to do. And as my eyes searched the crowds of people who were merrily wandering around the Lockwood Household, I was only interested in finding one.

"Looking for someone?"A familiar, cocky voice questioned.

"Yes, actually. I am"I replied, as I folded my arms across my chest.

Damon smirked, when his eyes met with mine. "Did I mention how tasty you look tonight?"

I didn't bother to reply, until I felt his breath on my neck. "Damon .. - "I began.

"However"He interrupted, silencing me from behind. "You looked even better nak-"

Refusing to bite my tongue any longer, I turned around to face him. Ready to stand up for myself. Yet when my eyes locked with his, I was speechless.

"Yes?"Damon answered, raising his brow as a cocky grin spread across his cheeks.

"I .. I need to find Tyler"I mumbled, pushing past his strong chest.

This needs to stop, Blake. Was what I kept telling myself, as I continued to search for Tyler. But it was those eyes, those ocean blue eyes that captured me everytime.

"Tyler"I called, walking up the grand staircase that led to the first floor. "Tyler"I repeated, walking through the hallway till I came to his bedroom. Opening the door, I gently sighed. "Tyler, we need to talk .. - "I began, but stopped abruptly when I saw what was going on infront of me. Caroline's arms wrapped delicately around his neck, while her lips moved passionately against his.

It took a second for Tyler to open his eyes, to see me. Standing there innocently, unnoticed. And yet, when I went to speak, I didn't know which one of them I was directing it to.

"H-how could you?"I cried.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is way overdue, but to make up for it, I made it a long chapter. I've not really been feeling too positive about this story recently. I haven't been getting a lot of feeback, and that's never a good thing for a writer. So please, don't be a silent reader. I actually want to know your thoughts. Thank you to my frequent commenters;

YASMIN;;
AshleyxTwilightx
Vampiresloveme
T-A-K-E-N
Belle of the Roses
paradox..
wickedangel21


I also thought i'd introduce a song which has inspired me to write each chapter, and for this chapter my song choice is - Click.

- xoxoxoxo.