Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

It's too late, i'm gone.

I felt sick. Physically, emotionally .. in every way possible.

"Blake, it's not what it looks like."Tyler began, but I was already backing away.

I couldn't bare to look at them, at him. I wanted to believe it, but I couldn't. Not after what I had witnessed. Not after I had seen the way they held each other.

"We're done."I spoke, my voice a mere whimper.

Then, unable to stay any longer in their presence, I made my way down the hallway, walking as fast as my legs would take me. I wiped away the tears that were vastly making their way down my cheeks, ignoring the footsteps that were following behind me.

"Blake, please. You need to hear me out!"He called, but I wasn't listening.

I felt dizzy, almost intoxicated when I made my way back down to the party. There were so many people, so many voices. I needed to get out.

I hadn't even noticed when my body collided with another, his strong arms capturing hold of my waist. It took me a while to re-adjust, to realise who was holding me so delicately.

"Easy now"He said, balancing me upright in his arms.

"D-Damon?"I stuttered, my words slightly slurring at the ends.

I tried to stand straight without his support, but I was nautious. My pulse was increasing slowly and a cool sweat was running along my brow. "I, I n-need ... y-you need to .. "I began, struggling to tie my words together. "I need to get out of here"I then managed, breathlessly.

Without questioning me, he guided me towards the door. Ignoring the strange glances we were receiving from the people around us.

"Blake, stop!"An all too familiar voice yelled, bringing me to a halt.

"Go to hell Tyler"I spat, refusing to look him in the eye.

"Blake, please." He begged, grabbing hold of my wrist.

"Don't touch me!"I snapped, pulling my arm out of his grasp.

I didn't want this, any of it. I didn't want to cause a scene or create a huge drama. But by the sound of hushed voices and the whispering that was going on around us, I knew it was already too late.

"Woah, what's going on?"Stefan said, as he made his way towards Damon, Tyler and I.

Wiping away a stray tear, my eyes found Elena who was following closely behind him.

"Take care of her, i'll handle this."Damon said, speaking directly to Stefan.

Almost automatically, my hand reached out to him. "Damon .. "I breathed, unsure of what it was I needed to say. Then, as if reading my mind, he replied.

"Everything's going to be alright. Don't worry. Stefan's going to take you home."

Without another word, Elena was standing by my side, her arms wrapping securely around me.

"Let's get out of here"She whispered.

* * * * *

'Hey, it's Tyler. I uh, I know you probably don't want to talk to me ... and I don't blame you. But you have to hear me out, Blake. I need you to hear me out. Call me when you can. '

I sighed, hanging up on the sixth voicemail he had left me that morning. I had been arguing with myself whether or not to call him, to actually listen to what he had to say. But what was the point? I knew i'd only be lying to myself if I pretended that absolutely nothing had been going on between them. That he didn't feel something for her, that the kiss was only a drunken mistake.

However, I refused to sit around and feel sorry for myself. I was done being that girl. And after having poured my heart out to Stefan, I felt like I could move on from the place I had so long been caught up in. So, with every intention of leaving the house, I grabbed my jacket and keys and left my cell phone on the dressing table, where it could ring out till it's hearts content.

When it was finally time to go back to school the following Monday, I couldn't help but feel a little insecure. I had wondered how many people would have heard about the incident between Tyler and Caroline. How many pathetic people would be circling rumours about what actually happened. Instead of pondering over it for much longer, I walked through the hallways, inhaling in a long breath and decided to put it at the back of my mind. Yet, when I saw the guilt ridden face that stood solemly by my locker, I realised it was easier said than done.

"What do you want Tyler?"I sighed, entering my combination.

"I want to work this out."He replied, his voice a gentle murmur.

Running a hand through my hair, I turned to face him, only to find a huge purple bruise that had circled around his left eye. He had a large cut that ran down his bottom lip with stitches plastered across it. And on his left hand there was a plain white cast that wrapped firmly around it.

"Wh- .. what happened to you?"I asked, closing over my locker door.

"I .. it's not important Blake. I just, I need to talk to you okay?"He replied.

Biting down on my lip, I struggled to say what I needed to.

"There's nothing to talk about Tyler."I managed, urging to get away from him.

Taking a step closer towards me, his eyes stared straight down into mine.

"Yes, there is."He sighed.

"I, I have to go."I mumbled, refusing to look at him any longer. "Excuse me"I said, as I pushed past him and headed towards home room, where I felt a small lump forming in my throat.

* * * * *

"Five, six, seven, eight ..... "

There was silence, a dead silence that filled the huge gymnasium as all at once, the girls paused their routine to watch me walk through the doors.

"You're late."Caroline said, folding her arms across her chest.

Clearing my throat, I walked towards her. "Oh, I won't be staying long."I replied, boldly.

She raised her brows, as I set my hold all on the ground and began to open it up.

"Meaning?"She snapped, her eyes now fully narrowed, watching my every move.

"Meaning"I began, "That I quit"

She scoffed, letting out a fake laugh once I had set my costume onto the bleachers.

"You can't quit, Blake. You've barely started .. "She replied, coldly.

I smiled sweetly, causing her to look at me strangely. "And you can't make out with other girls boyfriends, but it doesn't stop you, does it Caroline?"I shot back.

There were sniggers and laughs from the other girls, as Caroline's expression filled with rage.

"Later"I winked, swinging my hold all around my shoulder and walked out of the gym.
♠ ♠ ♠
First of all, i'd like to start by thanking the following people:

blueskittles
Music-for-life
Christa89
Phantom!
& black.rose


Thank YOU all for not being silent readers. You have motivated me so much. Thank you also to the frequent commenters whom I adore, you know who you are.

I'vebeen super busy lately and there's been a lot going on so I haven't managed to update as much as I like. However, Easter break begins this Friday, so I promise to update a lot, lot more. I'm excited to write you guys more chapters.

Song; Click.
(Lyrics featured in the Chapter title)

xoxoxo