Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

Someone Like You

After what felt like the longest two days of my life, Friday finally arrived and it was time for Damon and I's trip to the lake. I had packed what felt like my whole wardrobe, even though I knew I wouldn't need much. Especially since Damon was the one who had organised our little getaway. Making sure not to forget any toilietries, I quickly packed them away into my one of three cabin sized suitcases and after several attempts, managed to zip them all shut.

I took a breath, ready to carry my cases downstairs, until I noticed Jeremy walk past my door. "Hey!"I called, causing him to stop abruptly.

It was only a matter of seconds, until he was standing at the entrance of my bedroom, with a confused expression focused entirely on me.

"Help me carry these downstairs?"I asked, with a hopeful smile.

Letting out a laugh, he shook his head and happily obliged.

"Thanks."I said, once we'd reached the bottom of the staircase. "Oh, and before I forget .. "

There was yet another look of confusion, until I slipped him a $20 bill.

"Have fun, now."I whispered, "Just not too much fun."

After an awkward one shoulder hug, he murmered a 'thank you' and walked out of the door.

Glancing quickly at the time on my Blackberry, I realised that it was only a matter of minutes until Damon was about to arrive. So, making sure to say goodbye to Jenna and Elena, I walked into the kitchen, where a boiling pot of pasta was cooking.

"Mmm, something smells good."I said, watching as Elena stirred the sauce.

"Thanks."She smiled, "You're not wanting any before you leave, are you?"

"Oh. No thanks."I replied, just as Jenna returned from setting the table.

"Shouldn't you be gone by now?"She asked, a little sharper than I expected.

"Damon should be here in around five minutes."I answered, shrugging her off.

She nodded her head without saying anything, and before I could continue the conversation, the doorbell rang loudly throughout the house. "Speak of the devil .. "Elena said, a laugh escaping her lips.

"Well, that's my cue."I said, before hugging both girls.

"Bye!"They chorused, as I walked into the hallway and opened the door to find Damon standing with a huge smirk on his face.

"Ready?"He asked, stepping inside to retrieve my cases.

"More than you know."I breathed.

* * * * *

When our car journey had finally reached it's end, we had arrived at our perfect, lakeside destination. I drew in a long breath, as I took in the view. We were surrounded by forestry, hiding us from the outside world. Our petite sized home for the weekend was facing the huge, translucent lake. It's water so clear, that it reflected everything in its surroundings, acting just as a mirror image.

As we settled inside, I noticed that the interior was almost as beautiful and welcoming as the exterior had been. It was furnished with wooden tables and chairs, a cosy little two seater sofa, a lovely log fire and rooms decorated with the warmth and care of what a home felt like.

"I don't know about you"I said, wrapping my arms around Damon once i'd finished un-packing a few of my things. "But i'm in need of a little appetiser."

He smiled, running his hands down my body until they scooped me up. "I'm afraid we've no groceries right now, sweetheart. That is, unless you brought some?"

I laughed nonchalantly. "You're kidding, right?"

My brows furrowed, when I then realised he was carrying me into a bedroom. "Nope."

"Well, if there's no food. What are you suggesting I do?"I asked, once he settled me down on my feet again. "Starve?"

He smirked playfully. Something that without fail, always managed to make me swoon.

"I think .."He began, beginning to unbutton his shirt. "That your only possible solution in this current dilemma of ours ... "

My eyes were focused on his now visible chest, when he'd thrown his shirt aside and was slowly approaching me. "Mhm?"I asked, waiting on him to finish his sentence.

"Is to eat me." Before I could even blink, I was backed up against the wall, my lips instantly in contact with his. I moaned against his touch, when I felt myself speedily losing clothing.

Knowing what was coming next, I wrapped myself around him and allowed my body to be carried onto the bed. It was apparent that I wasn't the only one who was hungry and I came to realise that his hunger, was fuelled for something entirely more pleasurable.

* * * * *

I awoke the next morning, to the sizzling sound of bacon being cooked and the smell of fresh coffee. It was almost ironic, considering Damon had assured me we had no food in our cabin. Yet, when I pulled on my house coat and made my way into the kitchen, I was astonished by how much food we actually had.

"Good morning."Damon smiled, looking up at me from the frying pan he was standing over. "Or should I say, good afternoon - considering it is twelve thirty."

I rolled my eyes, making my way towards him. "I haven't slept that well in so long."I spoke, running a hand through my hair. "It's actually pretty refreshing."

Cracking an egg into the pan, he quickly glanced at me and smirked. "You're welcome."

I chuckled lightly, opening the fridge to find several fresh groceries packed neatly into the correct shelves. "I thought we didn't have any food?"I said, shutting it back over.

"We didn't."Damon replied, "I went out and got all this, this morning."

I looked at him skeptically, folding my arms over my chest. "And you didn't think of waking me? I could've helped you .. or at least paid for half of it?"

"I wasn't going to wake you up to go grocery shopping with me, Blake."He replied, flipping over the bacon with perfect precision. "Nor do I expect you pay for anything."

I smiled sweetly, before placing a kiss onto his cheek. "You're the best."

After we ate, I tidied up the kitchen and filled the sink with hot, soapy water to let the dishes soak in. It was as I was doing this, that I noticed it to be a beautifully bright day. The sun's rays shimmered against the water of the lake, creating what seemed like miniature crystals floating on its surface. I smiled suddenly, as it sparked an idea.

Walking back into the bedroom, I lifted the suitcase with the majority of my clothes in it onto the bed and began to quickly sift through it. "C'mon, it's got to be in here somewhere .."

"What does?"Damon then spoke, causing me to jump.

"My bathing suit. I'm positive I packed one."I replied, gaining my breath back.

"Bathing suit?"He asked, suddenly standing behind me. "You're not thinking of -"

"Got it!"I interrupted, pulling out my red bakini.

Turning round to face him, I met with his ocean eyes and smiled. "And yes, Damon. I am thinking of going for a swim in the lake. You're welcome to join me."

With that, I strutted off into the bathroom to refreshen up, a happy skip in my step.

* * * * *

"You're crazy!"Damon called, as I stood standing knee deep in the freezing water.

"At least I know how to live a little!"I shouted back, taking another step forward.

Biting down on my lip, I soon let myself fall under the water. It wasn't long before the fierce chill consumed every part of my body, causing my breath to catch violently in my chest. I shivered against the freezing temperature, knowing that it was only a matter of time before I would adapt to it. Turning around to see what Damon would have to say, I was surprised to find he had disappeared. It did explain the silence, however. Closing my eyes, I let my head fall back onto the water and allowed the glorious Vitamin D to soak up in my skin.

"Aah!"

I wriggled my ankles, trying to fight against the weight of the water when I felt something wrap around them. Thinking fast, I tried to use my upper body to get away, but whatever it was that was lurking underneath, had a firm hold on me.

"Damon!"

I shrieked in fear, kicking and splashing as hard as I could, but it was no use. I called Damon again, wondering where the hell he had gone to. Oh, God. I'm going to die drowning. Noticing a body rise from the water below me, I yelled for help, only to find a smirking idiot reach the surface. "Are you out of your mind?!"I shouted, swimming away from him in disgust.

"Oh, c'mon Blake. Live a little!"He replied, immediately coming after me.

"Fuck you, Damon!"I answered, "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

I squealed, as soon as I felt two strong arms wrap themselves around my waist.

"Don't try to fight me, you know you're never going to win."He said, beginning to place soft kisses onto my neck.

"So, what? You're trying to seduce me now?"I asked, when his hands travelled to the hem of my bikini bottoms.

"Mmm, that depends. Is it working?"He teased, using his tongue to fondle my soft spot.

I smirked inwardly, ofcourse it was. I knew that, but it didn't necessarily mean he had to.

"If you want me, Damon. You're going to have to do a little better than that."I said, beginning to swin away from him. "Or .."I continued, "If you want me, come get me!"

"If that's the way you wanna play, then you better swim."He replied, without allowing me time for a head start.

* * * * *

"It's so cold out tonight."I said, wrapping a blanket around Damon's shoulders.

Taking a seat next to him, I watched as the campfire we had set up crackled and spat against the wood burning beneath it. "You should go back inside, then. You might get a chill."

"Why go inside, when i've got everything I need out here?"I asked, admiring the beautiful dark blue sky and the rising moon up above us.

When he didn't reply, I turned my attention over to the chicken he was cooking and I had a sudden loss of appetite as the silence continued.

"Damon.."I said, placing my hand onto his thigh. "What's wrong?"I continued, unable to bear the feeling of uneasiness any longer.

He let out a sigh, his eyes slowly making their way to my own. "This isn't who I am."He murmered, turning his focus back on the fire.

"What do you mean?"I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Isn't it obvious?"He retorted, running a hand through his hair. "I'm not this guy, Blake. The one who whisks his girlfriend off on a romantic weekend. The one who goes shopping for groceries, builds a campfire ... i'm not the kind of guy who falls in love easily, either."

Unsure of what to say, I hesitantly lifted my hand from his thigh, and looked out towards the lake. At the glowing reflection of the moon, present upon it's watery, still surface.

"The point is.. "Damon continued, when I turned my head back around. "Is that I fell in love with you. And suddenly I became this person. I became good, better. I for once, didn't wake up in the morning and have the urge to kill something or feed the monster i'd become."

I sighed lightly, wrapping my arm around him. "And i'm proud of you, Damon. Don't you realise that? I don't understand why you're upset?"

He chuckled, almost sarcastically. "You want to know why i'm upset?"He asked, "Then here it is. You've given me everything, Blake. And in return, what have I to offer to you?"

"You don't get it, do you?"I said, releasing my arm from around him. "When I came to Mystic Falls, I expected to go to school and get on with my life just as I knew it to be. Simple. Ordinary. Average. I didn't think, not for a minute that i'd be welcomed to his whole, other world. This exciting, dangerous, thrilling, yet terrifying place."

I took a breath, my gaze meeting with his beautiful eyes. "And not for one minute, did I ever expect to meet someone like you, Damon."

I paused, hoping that what I was saying would sink in. "So you can go ahead thinking that you have nothing to offer me, but all along you've given me something most people couldn't even dream of. And at the end of the day, I love you. I love being here with you and shouldn't that be all that matters?"

There was a glassy look in his eyes, as they remained glued to mine. "I love you too."He then spoke, before pulling me in towards him and placed his lips gently on top of mine. "And i'm sorry for doubting that I wasn't good enough."

I smiled, laying my head against his shoulder. "Shh. You're perfect."

* * * * *

After spending our last night together at our idyllic getaway, it was soon time for Damon and I to pack up our things and return home. And as sad as it made me, I was glad we got the chance to spend one on one time together. The car journey home was tiring, but the roads weren't too busy considering it was Sunday afternoon traffic.

When we arrived home, I noticed a familiar silver Mercedes parked outside of the house and wondered if it could possibly belong to who I thought.

"Should I come in?"Damon asked, when he'd taken my cases out of the boot.

"Uhh, yeah. Why not?"I said, carrying my lightest one along the pathway to the front door.

"Because your family hate me."I heard Damon murmer, causing me to chuckle.

"We're home."I called, placing my keys on the mantelpiece and walking into the hall.

"In here!"I heard Elena shout from the kitchen.

Leaving my cases situated in the hall way, Damon and I walked into the kitchen, and I almost froze when I saw who stood facing me.

"Mom, Dad?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Firstly, i'd like to apologise for not updating in a while!
I've been super busy between finishing up school and family life.
I'm also going to Ireland tomorrow for 10 days and then i'm going to the US for a week!
I'm going to try my best and keep up with my writing, so please keep the faith.
Also, shout out to AntoFanpire for messagine me :)

Chapter Song: Click.