Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

He Makes Me Happy.

"It's so great to see you."I said, as I wrapped my arms around my mother's petite frame. "I had no idea you were visiting."

"Well, you weren't supposed to."She replied, releasing her arms from around me.

I turned to my father, who then explained what she meant. "It was supposed to be a surprise. We arrived knowing that you were on Spring Break. I managed to get some time away from the office. What I didn't know however, was that you were gone."

My cheeks turned crimson, when I realised I had yet to introduce Damon. I cleared my throat, before turning to face him. "Mom, Dad .. there's actually someone i'd like you to meet."I began, as Damon took a step towards us.

"Damon Salvatore."He said, saving me from the awkward introduction.

My father's eyes narrowed, while giving Damon a firm handshake. Then, my mother smiled graciously when Damon politely kissed her hand.

"Damon, this is my parents. David and Angela Gilbert."I finished.

"The pleasure is all mine, I can assure you."He replied, sliding his arm around my waist.

I exhaled slowly, thankful for his support that was keeping me perfectly balanced. I couldn't help, but feel uneasy. I wasn't used to being around uncomfortable atmospheres and I had never been good at the whole 'meet the parents' thing.

"So, who wants coffee?"Jenna asked.

I smiled, feeling grateful that she was atleast trying to relieve the tension.

One thing was for certain. It was going to be a long day.

* * * * * *

When day tirelessly began to turn into night, I had forced several smiles, received looks of judgement from my father and had to endure listening to a bunch of lies. As far as my parents were concerned, Damon was a twenty two year old History major, studying to become a teacher and follow in the footsteps of his older friend Alaric. It was ironic, in a twisted kind of way. The fact that Damon wasn't really studying History, but instead he was the History.

"I don't know about you, but I think that went pretty well."Damon teased, after he had said his goodbyes to everyone at the end of the night.

I rolled my eyes, carefully closing the front door over behind me and stepped out onto the porch. "You know, you're quite the story teller."I replied.

"Aren't we all?"He asked, intertwining our hands and leading me down the steps.

"Damon, where?-"

I was soon silenced, when I felt his lips lock with my own. His hands travelled slowly to my waist as a distraction to allow his tongue to sneak its way into my mouth. I moaned silently against him, as I ran the palm of my hands down his chest. When things began to get heated, I pulled away. Smiling when I saw the glazed, erotic twinkle in his eyes.

"Stay with me tonight."He whispered, gently pulling me back into him.

"Will you behave!"I laughed, "My parents are in there."

He grinned slyly. "Even more reason to spend the night with me."

I shook my head no, placing a delicate kiss onto his cheek. "I love you, and i've had an amazing weekend with you. But, all good thing's have to come to an end at some point. So, welcome to your happy ending, sugar."

He chuckled, biting down on his lower lip, his hand slowly caressing my cheek. "Alright, alright."He then answered, knowing that I wasn't going to cave in.

"I'll see you tomorrow."I said, before he stole another kiss.

"If you're lucky."He replied, winking as he backed up to his car.

"Goodnight Damon."I smiled, heading back into the house.

It was just as I was closing the door behind me, that I caught my mother half way up the staircase. "I think you've found yourself a charmer, sweetheart."She spoke quietly.

I grinned inwardly, folding my arms across my chest. "You have no idea."

She chuckled, the same bubbly laugh that only now I realised how much i'd missed. "We'll talk more tomorrow. Sweet dreams, baby."

"Yeah, goodnight."I whispered, before heading towards the kitchen.

I gasped suddenly, clutching at my chest when I saw my father sitting with a cup of coffee.

"Is there a problem?"He asked, setting his cup down. His tone was bleak.

"I.. I just didn't expect you to be up."I replied, walking towards the fridge.

"Well, here I am."He said, closing over the newspaper that sat infront of him.

I smiled half heartedly, taking out a chilled bottle of water from the fridge. "Thank you for being so understanding about this weekend, dad. If i'd have known you and mom were coming for a visit, I wouldn't have went away with Damon."

He cleared his throat, ignoring me completley. I sighed, about to make my way to bed, until he spoke up. "The man is five years older than you, Blake."

"Yeah, and in one week it'll be four years. What's your point?"I shot back.

"He has no business being with a girl your age. You're still in high school for God's sake."

I laughed sarcastically. "What are you trying to say, dad?"I asked, "That he's just using me to lay over?"

"I will not tolerate this attitude, Blake."He spoke defensively.

"I'm not a child anymore. I don't need to be told who I should and shouldn't be in a relationship with."I argued.

"Clearly you do, when you're running around with older men!"He half shouted.

By this point, I felt my fuse about to blow. "How dare you criticise me."I spat. "How dare you even try to influence my choices when you have never supported any decisions i've made."

I watched as my father's face suddenly sunk. I watched as the colour faded from his cheeks and as his eyes could no longer keep contact with mine.

"He makes me happy"I continued, my tone calmer. "And as my father, the least you could do is be happy for me."

With that, I walked swiftly out of the kitchen, refusing to look back.
♠ ♠ ♠
If I could personally apologise to all of my readers, I would. I have neglected this story so badly this summer and I feel awful. I have been busy with travelling, family, returning back to school and honestly, just life in general. I promise that I will work harder to try and maintain quicker updates. I just thank those of you who continue to read and comment and stay subscribed through my absences. I hope you enjoy this. It's for all of you patient, wonderful people who's comments I adore.

Chapter Song: Click.