Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

Please Don't Fall For Him

"Oh. My. God"I whispered, once I had closed the door of the guest bedroom, where I would be sleeping. I then smiled, before happily collapsing on to the huge, king sized bed. I don't think I had ever, ever, met someone as frickin' BEAUTIFUL as the man downstairs had been. I mean Stefan was gorgeous, clearly, but Damon .. wow. I couldn't even think of the right word to describe him. I giggled nervously, as my inner twelve year old girl started to show and I was grateful that I managed not to embarrass myself too much in his presence. Well, so far anyway that is. I then got up off of the bed and made my way into the en-suite bathroom, where the first place I looked, was in the mirror. Thankfully, I didn't look too drained. My hair was sitting okay, and my make-up seemed alright, with the exception of barely visible dark circles that were forming under my eyes.

Walking back into the bedroom, I pulled open my suitcase and took out my make-up bag, along with a flowy top and a pair of shorts. I badly needed to get into something comfortable seeing since I wore heavy clothes on the flight. After I had re-done my eye make-up and changed, I quickly slipped into a pair of gladiator sandals and made my way back downstairs, where the food was just being set down on the table. "Mmm, smells great"I said, as I inhaled in an appetizing scent of chilli and peppers.

"I just hope it tastes as good as it smells"Stefan spoke, chuckling.

"Blake, take a seat"Elena said, as she took some ice from the freezer. I smiled and just as I was about to sit beside Bonnie, Damon suddenly appeared in front of me.

"Please, let me"He said, pulling out the chair from underneath the table. I blushed, as I took a seat and politely thanked him.

"Everybody hungry?"Elena asked, as she sat down next to Stefan.

"Mm, absolutely"Damon answered, as he flashed those stunning blue eyes in my direction. I then looked to Elena, who seemed somewhat distressed after Damon's comment. She was always ... awkward around him. Like his presence seemed to somehow, I don't know, irritate her? I sighed, deciding to put it at the back of my mind. Besides, I already knew that she was probably going to explain everything later to me anyway.

"So, Blake"Caroline spoke. "Are you looking forward to joining us all at Mystic Falls High?"She asked, as she blew lightly on the chilli.

"Yeah, definitely. I mean, i'm excited. It'll be fun"I replied.

"You're kidding, right? What part of going to any high school is ever fun?"Jeremy interrupted.

"And I presume you're going to be trying out for the cheer squad?"Caroline continued, shunning Jeremy's interruption.

"Ofcourse"I replied enthusiastically, "It's what us Gilbert girls do best, right Elena?"

Expecting her to immediately agree, I was surprised to find that she had kept quiet throughout the conversation. "Actually Blake, I quit"She said, half smiling.

"Oh ..."Was all I managed to say. I never pictured her quitting the squad. Ofcourse, I had to remember that she wasn't the same girl she used to be, after all .. she had lost her parents. So maybe processing change, was best. Kinda like what I was doing, by being here.

"Blake, it's fine"Elena said, as she smiled. "I know how much you love to cheer, and just because i'm not doing it anymore, shouldn't mean you should have to suffer. Or feel the least bit awkward"

I nodded, "Yeah, I understand"I said, as I sent her a reassuring smile.

After having a pleasant dinner with conversations buzzing around the table, I had learned something knew. That Damon and Stefan Salvatore were brothers. It didn't surprise me ofcourse, they were both beautiful. As in, almost unhumanly beautiful. There was just something about them, something a little bit more than having this burning lust to lock them up in a cupboard and keep them there for your own personal pleasures ... or sins. And as Damon continued to maintain the same, persistent eye contact he had been doing the whole way through dinner, I had the desire to do just that.

"Okay, who wants some dessert?"Elena asked, as she began to pile up the dishes.

"Elena, let me"I said, as I stood up and began to collect some plates.

"No way, you've had a really long flight and you're our guest -"

"Elena, it's fine. I want to help out, you guys done a great job at making dinner. It's the least I can do"I said, as she smiled.

"Alright, thank you. Uhm, there's also a Gateau and whipped cream in the fridge if anybody wants some"

I nodded as I made my way into the kitchen. Sighing lightly, I rested the dishes on top of the marble worktops and began to fill the sink with hot, soapy water. I yawned, as I realised that i'd been awake for almost an entire day. Travelling long distances totally sucked.

"Need any help?" I gasped lightly, as I turned around to see the figure who had so sneakily crept up on me.

"Damon"I said, sighing in relief.

"Blake"He answered, smiling that cocky smile of his. "Little jumpy, aren't we?"

"I, uhm. I'm not usually ... I'm just tired. It's been a long day"I replied.

"Which is all the more reason, you should let me help you"He said, taking the plate that was in my hand.

"Right, thank you"I said, as he began to dry it.

"So"He began, "How long are you planning on staying?"

"I haven't thought about it"I said, "I mean I just got here, so .. "

"Ofcourse"Damon replied, "It was a stupid question"

"No"I said, "Not stupid. Just bad timing"

He smiled, as I rinsed a glass out for him to dry.

"Well, the longer the better"He said, as he moved closer towards me.

I resisted blushing, as his eyes lingered on mine. They were so blue, so mesmerizing .. almost hypnotical. Eyes, that any girl could so easily get lost in. I caught my breath, as his hand then touched my own. It was so cool against my warm one that had been soaked in the hot water.

"You're so cold"I said, as he quickly took the glass from my hand.

"Nah, you're just hot"He replied, placing the glass into the cupboard. "Way hot"He added, as I let out a giggle.

As the night was nearing an end, my mind was slowly shutting itself down. And it wasn't long until I felt myself about to fall into the peaceful unknown. However, I made sure to say goodbye to everyone before that happened. Especially the lovely Salvatore brothers, who I had only just met this evening. So, I figured that falling asleep in their company, probably wouldn't make the best first impression.

"Blake, it was lovely to meet you this evening. I'll look forward to seeing you again soon"Stefan said, as he shook my hand lightly.

"Thank you Stefan, me too. Have a nice night"I said, before he gave Elena a gentle kiss on the cheek.

I was about to turn and face the stairs, when I bumped into a solid frame that just happened to be ....

"Geez' Blake, trying to sneak up to bed without saying goodnight?"Damon asked, smirking.

"My sincere apologies, Mr Salvatore. Please excuse my awfully tired self, who has been up .. now over twenty-four hours"I said, trying not to sound sarcastic. He chuckled, softly under his breath.

"Well, I won't keep you any longer"He replied, "It was a pleasure meeting you tonight Miss Gilbert"He said, taking my hand. I smiled, expecting him to kiss it, but instead he pulled me closer and placed a soft, kiss on to my cheek. "Sweet dreams"He whispered, before shooting Elena a quick smile and exiting the house.

My cheeks flushed a hot red, as I lightly stroked the area on my face where Damon's lips had previously kissed. It felt fiery, with a tingle. And as I was about to climb the stairs to bed, Elena walked slowly towards me.

"Blake"She whispered, "Please don't fall for him"

And the worst part? Was that I knew she meant it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3 ! :-)
Sorry it's been a while.
Rate/Comment/Subsribe Xo