Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

Sweet Little Lies.

I shuffled vigorously around in my bag, positive that I had forgotten something while walking into homeroom. It was the first Monday back since Spring Break and to say that reality had hit me hard, would have been an understatement. Shuffling through my belongings one last time, I sighed in defeat and dropped my bag down onto the table.

I was far too tired for this.

Luckily, I had History first period. It was a subject that interested me and therefore it became bearable in the midst of all the Monday morning madness. Alaric kept the lesson short and straightforward, knowing all too well the feeling of having the 'first day back blues.' He was the type of guy that was laid back enough when he needed to be, but also hard going when it was necessary. His balance and control were traits I admired.

After History, came English - which albeit tended to be slow at times, was also a subject that I didn't find to be too challenging. I enjoyed the creative side of literature. The power you had over a world that was entirely your own. A world which ironically could reflect the real one, filled with vampires and witches, gouls and demons. The good and the bad.

When it was eventually time for lunch, I thanked God for remembering me to lift my purse. After having almost slept in this morning, I knew I had forgotten something. What it was though, I still hadn't figured out. I ordered myself the biggest baguette on show, a chocolate muffin and a can of soda to wash it all down. It was apparent to me that I didn't care much for my carb (or calorie intake) today, but I shrugged it off as soon as I took the first bite.

"Hungry?" Elena giggled, watching me devour my meal.

All I could do was nod in response.

"I'm just glad gym class is over with." Bonnie spoke, taking a sip of water.

My eyes suddenly widened, in realisation of what it was I had forgotten.

"Shit." I muttered, retrieving my cell phone from my bag.

"What's up?" Elena asked, concern washing over her pretty face.

"I've left my kit at home." I answered, while calling Damon. "I knew there was something.."

"Well hello there, gorgeous." He answered, without allowing his cell to ring for long.

"Could you do me a huge favour?" I asked, sugar coating my voice.

"Considering you've yet to repay me for the last one .. I'm not so sure." He teased.

"Fine. I'll make you a deal." I began, rolling my eyes. "If you could ever so kindly bring my gym kit to school within the next half an hour, I'll come visit you afterwards."

He didn't hesitate in responding. "Good enough for me, sweetheart. Where it is?"

"It should be in my bedroom." I replied, picking out some cucumber from my baguette.

"Ooh, alright. Then you won't mind if I take some underwear for later, would you?"

I chuckled then, secretly turned on by his wandering mind. "Just stay on task Damon."

"Boo. You're no fun. I'll see you soon." He said, before hanging up.

* * * * *

Never, in all of my existance had I ever, ever, felt so well and truly fucked.

It was a while since I had last worked out and I felt it harder than ever. Gym class had without a doubt, kicked my ass. Not only were my thighs throbbing, but I was currently experiencing the worst headache known to man. Better yet, there was one more period left to endure.

I winced, walking into Social Studies. My weak, fragile frame highlighting my mood.

I was zombified, taking in nothing, but the comfort of knowing I would be going to home to a warm bath and hopefully, a relatively unhornier Damon than the one I spoke to this afternoon. If truth be told, I was in no frame of mind for sex, let alone the effort and energy involved in it.

I wanted to jump with joy, when the last bell of the day rang out, signalling our freedom - if only I could. I walked slowly, yet eagerly to my locker, retrieved my books and headed out.

Damon had insisted on collecting me and as I watched out for him, it was instead, another male who seemed to capture my attention. "Blake!"

I turned to the side, in the direction of the voice that was calling me. Soon spotting a familiar face step out of his glistening, black Range Rover.

Ryan? "Hey." I smiled, watching his eyes sparkle as he made his way over to me.

"How are you?" He asked, embracing me in an unexpected hug.

"Uh, I've been better." I replied, shifting uncomfortably.

He blushed slightly, acknowledging my discomfort. "Sorry. You look exhausted."

"Yeah, I am. Thanks." I replied, before realising I was being sort of a bitch. "So uhm, what are you doing here?" I asked, diverting topics.

"I'm just here to pick up Tyler." He said, "We're going straight to the gym."

I nodded then, chuckling nonchalantly, to which I mentally cursed myself.

"What's so funny?" Ryan asked, a smirk forming on his cheeks.

I cleared my throat, before mumbling a response. "I just don't think you need to."

Raising his brow, Ryan raised his arm to his head and rubbed the back of his neck. Flexing his bicepts right infront of me. Good God. "You don't think I need to what?" He flirted.

I rolled my eyes and shrugged, causing him to chuckle this time. "You're big enough."

He was about to respond, until another voice interjected. "Who's your friend, Blake?" Damon spoke, appearing from seemingly out of nowhere.

"Oh, hey Damon. This is Ryan." I began, still startled by his sudden presence. "Ryan, this is my boyfriend, Damon Salvatore."

They shook hands, a little too enthusiastically. "Nice to meet you, Damon." Ryan replied.

"Mhmm." Was all Damon said, until Ryan excused himself.

"I'll see you around, Blake."

"Bye." I smiled, before Damon led me to his car.

"Was there a problem back there?" I asked, clicking into my seatbelt.

I stared out of the window, when he refused to answer. Too tired to care.

I was taken aback however, when I turned once more to face him, only to find his lips press gently against my own. "Ofcourse, not." He answered, after gently breaking away from our embrace.

But somewhere, deep down inside of me, I wasn't convinced.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is sort of a filler, but it's a necessary filler :)

I'd just like to thank those of you who have continued to comment & subscribe!
If it weren't for all of you who are so dedicated, I would have no inspiration to write.

Please continue to be awesome.
Also, I have upcoming exams so I won't get to update again for another few weeks.

Thank you all for your patience.
- D xo.