Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

Breathtaking

"I'm sorry, what was that?"Elena asked, as I finished zipping her up.

I blushed, as blood immediately rushed to my cheeks. I knew this wasn't going to be easy.

"Elena .. "I began, as she folded her arms across her chest, a sigh escaping her lips.

"Have you not been listening to me, at all?"She snapped, her fury completely neglecting the fact that she was standing in a beautiful, black dress that shaped her petite figure perfectly.

"Will you just let me expla-"I tried to say, but was abruptly cut off.

"And after what he did to you!"She exclaimed, "Blake, have you lost your mind?"

I sighed, running a hand through my loose, brown curls. This really wasn't a good time.

"Listen, I know I should have told you sooner, but -" Once again, I had been cut off.

"That isn't the point, and you know it Blake"She said, her eyes glued to my own. "You've ignored my warnings, Stefan's warnings, all we're trying to do is protect you!"She said, as I could feel tears build in my eyes.

"What if I don't need protected Elena, huh?"I asked, "This was my choice"I said, "And I didn't feel any God damn need to ask for your permission. " I said, as a small tear fell from my eye.

"Blake .. "Elena spoke, as I was about to walk out of the dressing room.

I forced a smile, before replying "You look amazing"

She ran a hand through her long, brown hair, as she looked at her reflection.

"I .. "She said, but I was already gone.

I smiled as I looked into the mirror, at the girl standing infront of me. Her shiny, wavy brown hair sat perfectly on her shoulders. Her light peach, flowing petal dress, graced her figure beautifully and she had a sparkle in her eye that twinkled with excitement. Tonight she hoped, was going to be amazing.

As I made my way over to where my silver, sparkling heels sat, waiting patiently in their box, I heard three gentle knocks on my door.

"Come in"I called, as Elena slowly opened the door.

"Hey"She said, her voice silent. I smiled, as her eyes took in the view. "Blake .. you look beautiful"She said, as she walked towards me.

"Thank you"I replied, "You do too"I said, wrapping my arms around her.

She sighed, in what I assumed was relief, as she tightened her arms around me. "I'm so sorry"She said, as I released my grip around her. "I was such a bitch to you and I had no right to be"

"You know what, let's just forget about it"I said, "You're my cousin and I love that you want to protect me Elena, I really do, but at least ... let me give him a second chance, alright?"I asked, as she smiled and slowly nodded in approval.

"I just don't want to let any idiot hurt you, or jeopardise your happiness, because you have no idea how happy it's made all of us that you're back"She said, as she took hold of my hand.

"I know, and i'm so happy to be back, but i've got to figure Damon out for myself .. and i'd love if you let me do that. Besides, he can't surely be half the monster you make him out to be"I said, as I squeezed her hand.

She giggled, her tone sounding almost sarcastic. "I'm saying nothing"Elena replied, as she walked back out of my bedroom.

When Stefan and Damon had arrived to escort Elena and I to the Charity Ball, I couldn't help but feel a little nervous. Technically, this was Damon and I's first date and although we wouldn't be completely alone, I would be spending the majority of my night in his company. I smiled nervously, trying not to blush as Elena and I walked slowly down stairs to greet the Salvatore's.

"Damon"I said, once reaching the bottom. He smirked, a devilish grin appearing on his cheeks as his amazing blue eyes looked me up and down. "How do I look?"I asked, biting my lip.

I laughed inwardly, as his eyes immediately travelled to my shiny, pink lips. "You look .... "He began, taking my hand and guiding me towards him. "Breathtaking"He whispered, wrapping his arm around my waist and placing a soft kiss onto my cheek.

"You don't clean up to badly yourself, you know"I said, as my eyes roamed his brilliant white shirt that accompanied a very lovely black suit and tie.

He smirked, before replying. "Shall we?"He asked, holding out his arm.

"We shall"I said, as we made our way out of the house and into his car.

"You should really be prepared to make some enemies tonight"Damon told me, as he parked the car just outside of the Lockwood Estate. I raised my eyebrows in confusion, as he held out his arm.

"And why is that?"I asked, as I took hold of it.

"Because"He said, as Stefan and Elena pulled up behind us. "You're going to be the absolute envy of every single woman at this party"He replied, as he flashed his eyes at me.

"If that's so"I teased, edging closer to him, "Then you, Damon Salvatore .. should feel like the luckiest man in Mystic Falls tonight"I said, as his eyes kept a hold of mine.

"Who said I don't already?"He asked, as I smirked.

"Ready to go?"Elena asked, as she held onto Stefan.

"Yes!"I replied, enthusiastically as the four of us made our way into the Lockwood Residence.

I smiled at the familiarity of the huge and wonderful red brick building that stood before me. At Mayor Lockwood and his wife, welcoming guests at the beautifully decorated front entrance. There were little, sparkling lights decorated perfectly around the trees that created walkways all throughout the gardens, lovely banners in support of the Mystic Falls Childrens Hospital, and a stunning water fountain that sat in perfect view, a few feet away from the entrance.

"Blake Gilbert"Mrs Lockwood said, her face lighting up as Damon and I approached the entrance."It's been a long time since i've seen you here in Mystic Falls, how are you doing?"She asked, as I smiled warmly.

"I'm doing well thank you Mrs Lockwood, it's lovely to see you again"I replied, as her eyes then travelled to Damon.

"Well, i'm glad. I hope you have a lovely evening .."She said, "And Damon, I trust you to take good care of this beautiful young woman"

He smiled, as his eyes then met with mine.

"Don't worry, she's mine for the entire evening"He replied, "And I intend to keep it that way"

I laughled lightly under my breath, as we walked into the hallway.

"Is that so?"I asked, as Damon picked up two glasses of champagne from a passing waiter.

"Mhm"He replied, handing me the glass filled with bubbly, golden liquid.

"So if i'm yours .. "I began, a playful smirk edging on Damon's lips. "Does that make you mine?"

He smiled, as I slowly sipped on the champagne. "Would you like me to be?"He then asked.

I smiled, as his eyes searched mine. Those mesmerizing eyes, that i'd never tire of looking at.

"I'd like you ...."I said, placing my hand just below his shoulder. "To give me a wonderful night."

He smirked casually, as he snaked his arm around my waist. "You wanna get started a little early?"He asked, placing a gentle kiss on my neck.

"Damon Salvatore!"I laughed, loosening from his embrace. "No sexual innuendos where implied when I said I wanted a wonderful night"I whispered, as I hit him lightly with my small, peach clutch bag. "And to think you just done that infront of everybody .."I said, as my cheeks flushed pink.

"Oh relax, will you"He said and sighed. " .. just showing all these testosterone filled teenage males, that somebody is not on booty call tonight"He finished, winking in my direction as he laced his fingers through mine.

"I wonder where you place your donations?"I said, as we walked out into the garden.

"What?"He asked, as we smiled at a few familiar faces.

"You know, for the Children's Hospital .."I said, "I've wrote a check in my bag -

"Blake"A familiar voice called, causing both Damon and I to turn around.

"Hey Tyler"I greeted, as he made his way towards us.

"Wow, you look ..."He began, his eyes staring into mine. "Beautiful"He finished.

"Aw, thank you"I replied, "You look pretty great yourself"

He smiled, before noticing my hand was intertwined was Damon's.

"I, uh .. I didn't know you were coming with a date .. "He said, his gaze meeting with Damon's.

"Well ... it is a ball and I figured I'd need a dance partner, but Damon here -"

"Blake, you don't have to explain yourself"Damon interrupted, sending death glares towards Tyler, who seemed happy to return them.

"I, uh .. I gotta go"Tyler murmered, "Have a nice night Blake, and uh , make sure and save me a dance"He said, although he continued to stare at Damon.

"Yeah, sure"I replied, before he walked away.

"What a dick"Damon spat, drinking the remainder of champagne in his glass.

As the night progressed, I had made a promise to myself not to get drunk. And luckily, I had stuck to it. Having had only two glasses of champagne, I felt perfectly sober. Yet, during the Mayor's speech, I had managed to loose my date. "Perfect"I sighed, as soon as it came to end. I decided to take a walk outside, to the outside ballroom as they called it. I smiled as soon as I heard soft music began to play, and as the couples started to make their way to the dance floor. It was a picturesque setting with a midnight sky filled with a thousand stars. They were something I never got to experience when I was in New York. And now that I could fully see them, it feltbreathtaking. They were so beautiful, twinkling high above us, in all their might. Shining down upon us, like angels.

"Would you like to dance?"A silky voice whispered, snaking his arm around my waist.

"I'd love to"I answered, as those eyes found their way to mine.

Damon smiled, as he lead me down to the dancefloor. My silver heels clicking along the marble steps.

"You know"I said, as we arrived in the centre of the dancefloor. "I've had an amazing time tonight Damon"I said, wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

"Is that a thank you?"He asked, smirking towards me playfully.

"Partly .."I replied, a smile creeping up on my cheeks. "But mainly, it's an apology ... "

He raised his eyebrow, as a look of confusion spread across his face.

"Growing up, i've always stuck to the same rule. I've always promised myself, that I would never judge anyone, before I got to know them. Never have any pre-conceptions of people I didn't know"I told him, as my eyes stared longingly into his. "And I'll admit, the first time I met you, I didn't judge you at all. I had nothing to judge, apart from the fact that I found you completely ...

"Breathtaking?"He replied, as he moved a stray piece of hair out of my eye.

"Exactly .."I whispered, as he lowered his head closer to me.

"Blake"Damon breathed, his breath hot on my skin. "Can I kiss you?"

My heart beat suddenly quickened, as Damon's hand cupped my cheek.

Without saying a word, he knew my answer. He had known it all night.

I breathed him in, as his lips collided with my own, causing me to forget everything that was going on around me. He was like a drug, pulling me in with everything he had. Making me want more, making me feel fire and passion. I ran a hand through his dark brown hair, as his tongue slowly roamed my mouth, finding it's way to mine. He kissed me with an intensity i'd never felt before, something I longed for. Something I needed.

"SOMEBODY HELP!"

I suddenly broke off from him, as a terrified scream made it's way closer towards us.

"SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE !"It shrieked, as a girl made herself visible. "My boyfriend's been attacked, he's not breathing!"She yelled, suddenly falling to her feet, where there lay a male body who's blood covered neck, had been viciously ripped open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Talk about WOW ! haha, who else is loving the cliff hanger!?
Part 1 of 2 ;D hope you are all enjoying this.
Just want to say a big THANK YOU to the lovely Yasmin who's comments I adore :)
You've continued to inspire and motivate this story and i'm very grateful<3
Rate/Comment/Subscribe! I'd love to know your thoughts.

Blake's Outfit