Speak Now

001

Well, I’m totally not the type of girl to just run in and interrupt things, but damn it, the guy I’ve been in love with for six years is about to marry the wicked witch of the west. I can’t let Zacky do that. He’s been there for me through everything, and I just can’t let him do this.

My friends all think I’m crazy, well, except for Val. She told me to go for it. The other girls deal with Gena, just because they think she makes Zacky happy, but the glint in his pretty green eyes is gone. It makes me sad.

I was in a pink dress, because she insisted that everyone be dressed in pink or light blue, so as not to over shadow her “big” day.

I walked into the church and peaked in to where I heard her yelling at Val.

“HELLO! THIS IS MY DAY!”

I rolled my eyes, and about threw up when I saw what she was wearing. Just imagine a poufy white dress stuck on a skinny white Californian girl. It swallows her up.

Anyway, Val saw me, and gave me a look to come help her.

“Oh hey, Gena, you look pretty,” I said, smiling sweetly as walked to Val, “I need to borrow her for a minute.”

“Ugh, whatever, I thought I uninvited you,” Gena replied grimacing when she saw me in my pale pink dress.

I laughed, “Well, Zack re-invited me. You’re crazy if you think he’s gonna leave one of his best friends out on his “big” day.”

I took Val’s hand and led her out of that room.

“You okay hun?” I asked.

“Yeah, she’s just a bitch. Still on?” She asked.

I smirked mischievously, “Oh yeah.”

I was sitting in my seat, waiting on Gena to start walking down the aisle. Brian was next to Zacky, as he was his best man. Zacky looked nervous as hell, and scared. I gave him a small smile and he lit up….too bad that was when Gena started walking down the aisle, and everyone stood up. It sounded more like a death march to me.

I kind of zoned out for minute, and thought up my game plan. I wonder if he wishes it was me floating down the aisle instead of her.

I heard the preacher say, “speak now or forever hold your peace.”

There was silence, and I knew it was my last chance. I stood up with shaky hands. Everyone around me was giving me horrified looks.

“Zacky, you know I’m not the type of girl to do this, but I can’t sit here in silence anymore. I love you. I’ve loved you for the past six years. I can’t watch you marry her, especially when not even your own family likes her. So, I’m speaking now, and it’ your decision,” I said as I made my way down the aisle to the door to leave.

I turned around and looked at Zacky before I pushed the door open, “If you feel the same, don’t say yes to her, don’t say a single vow. You can just meet outside the church….”

I took a deep breath and walked out of that church.

I stood for twenty minutes outside, biting my lip, wishing and hoping he’d come running out that door, and not leave me standing here like a fool.

And there he was….still in his tux. He walked over to me, and wrapped his arms around me.

“Terra, I love you more than anything. Why didn’t you ever tell me you loved me?” Zacky asked.

I shrugged, “Everyone has always treated me like their little sister, so I just kept it hidden all this time.”

He bit one of his lips rings and leaned in to kiss me. It was the most breath taking kiss and most awaited kiss I’ve ever had.

I giggled, and he laughed at me. We stood there for a minute, before it was interrupted by the lovely ex-bride to be.

“WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?!” Gena yelled as she got all up in my face.

“You, of course. I mean, you treated Zacky like shit. You never appreciated anything he did for you, ever. You never made a point to get along with any of the girls, and you know that all of us are a family. We take care of each other, and you never bonded with any of us. I love him. I would do absolutely anything for Zacky. He’s been my rock when I needed him. He was there for me when mom died. He would come to my house in the middle of the night just because I heard a strange noise, and it was always the stupid cat. Do you know very many guys who would do that for you? I sure as hell don’t. Do you know very many guys who would hold your hair up, and take care of you when you’ve had too much to drink because you’re trying to get away from an abusive boyfriend? No, I don’t think so. You have taken him for granted, and now you have lost him.”

At that point, Gena was fuming, and she threw a punch at me. I got hit just a bit and glared at her. She rolled her eyes and threw another punch, which I blocked, and twisted her arm.

“You need to just go Gena.” I let her go, and she acted like she was going to walk away, but the little bitch came back and hit me in the damn nose. I heard it crack. Well, I guess that’s what I get for stealing her “love” right?

Val yanked her away from me and punched her in the mouth right before Matt picked her up, and drug her away from the situation. Zacky was helping me with my nose and I saw him glare at Gena, and we walked to his car.

“We’re taking you to the hospital, okay?” Zacky asked.

I shrugged, not like I had a choice. We sat there forever, just to find out that it was broken. Yeah, I about died when they set it back in place.

“Can we go home?” I asked.

“Of course baby girl.”

It didn’t take long for us to get back to his house. Gena can get her stuff later; I don’t even care right now.

I was cuddled up in Zacky’s arms and he was running his fingers through my hair.

“I’m so glad you spoke up, and I’m so glad I left her standing there.”

I laughed, “I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

We’ll deal with the aftermath tomorrow. Right now, I just want to fall asleep in his arms.