I Was Just Looking For A Way Out...

Chapter 17

It’s my third morning here in this sterilized hell hole, which means that for at least a day and a half, nothing has happened. So far I’ve read 3 books in the library, each on a big classic. The kind of book where the pages are a sickly faded yellow, and every time you dare to open it your greeted with the smell of your grandma and eggs. Still, I’d rather be reading then thinking. Better to be lost in somebody else’s world then my own.

That girl, the one that sat and watched me cry for who knows what reason, it turns out that the library is one of her favorite hang outs too. I’ve yet to even talk to her, but from what I can gather by creepily staring from a distance, she draws a lot. It was only 2 days ago, but she even drew me once. I don’t know if it’s from mental anguish and everything that hasn’t been going on around me, or if I’m just retarded, but I had completely forgotten until I actually saw her drawing again.

She’s a really great artist by the way. When you look at something she’s drawn, you can’t help but think it’s a photo until you double take. She’s got all the shading and textures down to a science, like the way a shadow on the upper lip actually looks like a shadow and not a thin moustache.

That’s something I always fucked up, but I think we’ve established how much I suck.

I’m in the middle of The Odyssey right now. It’s pretty much like every other Greek story ever. Dude goes to war, shows contempt for the gods, gets punished. So needless to say I’m not all too enthralled in it when Jeremiah sits down next to me. I haven’t seen him since he stormed off yesterday, so it’s a little surprising when he suddenly plops down next to me.

“Hey man, sorry about before.” He says.

“No worries, you just said what I was thinking anyway.” I give him a light, modest, smile, and for once it isn’t forced or faked.

“So what’s been up with you lately?” he asks, by the tone of his voice apparently somewhat relieved.

“A whole lot of this.” I say and pick up the book in front of me, only to let it fall immediately after with a surprisingly loud thud.

“Well I guess you weren’t lying about how much you love this place.” He says and grins.

“Yea, well I like to read anyway so suck it!” I say and stick my tongue out. I’m so amazingly mature for my age.

“I wasn’t aware that was an option.” He says and we both laugh.

“Well sure it is! Now why don’t you get on your knees, and show me how much you love me.”

By this point were getting dirty looks from everyone in the library, so Jeremiah leaves and I go back to reading about some Greek dude get fucked in the ass by Poseidon. God is this place fun or what!?