I Was Just Looking For A Way Out...

Chapter 33

You’d be surprised by the way your body can react to something, or the lack of something. Like the book I was reading the other day, some medical book, the kind that tries and fails in an attempt to be interesting, there was a chapter about muscle necrosis, or muscle death. For some reason, while I was reading it I was taking notes, whether I’ve been trained and conditioned by school to, or I just thought the little fun facts were going to make me a better person I couldn’t tell you, but I have detailed, test ready, notes about the death of living muscle tissue.

Some muscle can create its own energy without air, but in general, a muscle only lasts 30 seconds without oxygen. I’m not trying to say that if you don’t breathe for 30 seconds you’ll get weaker, but 30 seconds longer then it takes for your body to drain the air out of the gallon and a half of blood in your system and yea, shit gets real. The exception is transplanted organs. I can take your heart, liver, and kidneys, but those big burly biceps are off limits.

The way that your body is used to oxygen, mind is used to a weekly fix. After a few days, I crave it; I can’t stop thinking about it. Only, when you can get randomly drug tested in school, you quit, get caught, or get smart.

I thought I was smart, timing everything perfect and Googling every drug I could find, seeing how long it takes to piss clean after you pop one. After I got tested, I took home the release they make you sign, I Googled everything I didn’t understand on it, I found out what I was tested for and what I could possibly be tested for.

Suddenly I was a pharmacist; I was the fucking Einstein of painkillers, amphetamines, and hallucinogens. Knowing the time I’d need and calculating every risk, I thought I was the shit. I found out that amphetamines leave your system in 2-4 days. So I decided Friday and Saturday were fine, I’d pop Adderol or Dextrostat and be jittery, and foggy, and not to miserable for school on Friday, and sleepless until Saturday night.

I looked up pain killers, Percocets, Vicodins, or the cheaper generic names, Oxycodone and Hydrocodone. Those are 2-3 days, so I was taking those Fridays and Saturdays, either alternating with the amphetamines or concurrently. Mixing uppers and downers, just so your body won’t know what the fuck’s going on. Every mix of chemicals down below, all the confusion and distress in the body, it makes for a happy head.

And I mentioned hallucinogens? Acid isn’t even pissed out shrooms show up as food poisoning. I never really got my hands on them, but they were fair game whenever I did.

Sure, I’m so fucking smart, but when I’m sitting here, shaking and throwing up, I don’t really feel it.