Status: Working on it

Soul Meets Soul on Lover's Lips

The World Is Ugly

Katrina Vinson was the newest BAU agent and, although today was the start of her 2nd week and she had very recently qualified to get her gun which was tucked safely in it's holster, she was 2½ minutes from being late.

She nearly ran through the glass doors and into the main area. Then through the blandly painted halls, before finally stumbling into the meeting room.

''Sorry I'm late!'' She apologized as she sat down on the only free chair, next to Reid. ''You're good. Hotch isn't here yet.'' Morgan informed.

She sighed. ''Great.'' JJ passed her a cup of coffee, receiving a sincere, quiet 'thank you'.

Finally Hotch came through the doorway, a vacant expression etched on his aging face. He stood in front of the round table and began.

Katie sat at her desk, bored out of her mind. She lightly strummed the wooden desk with her bony, long fingers.

''By you're body language, I gather you're disinterested at the moment. Would you like to go on a coffee run with me?'' Dr. Spencer Reid asked.

She smiled and nodded, before standing. ''Thanks, Reid.'' she smiled warmly and walked beside him.

They rushed back, coffee in their arms and blushing from the sun kissing their pale skin.

''We've got a case.'' Emily informed as soon as they entered the building. They nodded and put the coffee down, taking one for themselves.

''There's been 3 murders in the past month. All poisoned with Cyanide. The only similarities between the 3 women, are their single, no children. Very sophisticated.'' JJ filed them in as they sat at the table, all focus on her.

On the jet they discussed the case. What the killers mark was and gathered information to start a profile.

Katie sat by herself, in the single seat farthest from the front of the jet. She lay on her back, staring at the ceiling as she desperately tried to fall asleep.

''What keeps you up?'' A concerned Morgan asked her. He was like an older brother to her. ''Oh, just...stuff'' she shrugged it off. Hoping he wouldn't push the matter.

''What stuff?'' He asked, concern written all over his face. She sighed, she should have known he wouldn't just drop it. ''I-...Uh...I just cant sleep. I don't know, its just... so hard for me to'' She finally admitted to someone.

''Talk to me Hun'' He stood up. She got into a sitting position, allowing him to take a seat next to her.

''It's like my mind is overactive, to energized to rest. I don't know Morgan, i think I'm just stressed.'' She shrugged.

''Well you know you can talk to me, right?'' She smiled. ''Yeah, i know. Thanks Morgan your like the big brother i never had'' He smiled and embraced her in a sideways hug.

Little did she know someone heard their whole conversation.

They were woken up by Hotchner. His always serious like face being the first thing they saw. ''The jet landed. We're in Maryland.'' And with that, they all got up, stretched and headed off.

Morgan, Emily and JJ went to question the victims families. Hotchner and Rossi were off to the latest crime scene and Reid and Katie, in the office working on a profile.

She sat on the paper cluttered desk as Reid scribbled on the clear board.

''The first victim was a lawyer. The 2nd a doctor, and the 3rd the Therapist.'' Reid said.

She nodded. ''I guess he has a type to'' She put the picture of the 3rd victim up with the other two on the board, all women red heads.

*Ring Ring* Her phone rang. She put it on speaker and answered, ''Yes?'' It was JJ. ''Another girls missing, her name is Allison Miller.'' She shook her head. ''Alright. Thanks JJ''

She looked at Reid and sighed.

''How long did he keep them alive?'' She asked Reid. ''Less than 48 hours. We have to hurry.''

She nodded.