Status: Working on it

Soul Meets Soul on Lover's Lips

Freedom Atlast

Katie is currently in the unsub's bed, laying awake as a tear ran down her cheek. The unsub was taking a shower in the next room. She began to wonder if they were even looking for her!

She heard the water in the shower shut off and quickly wiped her tear away. He didn't come in the room, although she heard him go down the stairs.

She slowly got out of the bed and walked out of the room. She then slowly went down the stairs. Where he stood in the kitchen, his back to her. He wore a long sleeved black shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

His dark hair was slightly dripping from the shower. He turned and saw her. ''What's wrong?'' he frowned, taking in her frightened and rigid stance.

She tried to relax and forced a smile ''Nothing.'' She attempted to sound convincing. He bought it and looked at his watch. Causing her to breathe an inward sigh of relief.

''It's 9pm, I have to go out for a bit.'' He told her, she nodded. He smiled and walked over to her, planting a kiss on her cheek.

She was silently grateful she never had to do anything...intimate with him.

He grabbed his keys off the counter and unlocked the doors, just then the door bust open and a gust of people came bursting in.

Katie jumped and backed away from him.

''FBI PUT HER HANDS UP!'' She recognized the voice belonging to Morgan. Her heart speed out of control.

She didn't notice when the unsub grabbed a gun, they all pointed theirs at him.

He turned to her, pointing the gun at his own head and spoke. ''They're trying to take you away form me again. I cant live without you.''

She slowly backed away as he closed his eyes.

He pulled the trigger just as she turned away. A loud, deafening 'BANG' burst through the previously silent air.

Someone held her as she silently cried. She had a feeling it was Reid. She held onto him tightly, her heart racing.

Spencer was so happy she was okay! He held her tightly in his arms.

*Back in Virginia*

It's 2am and everyone has leaving for their homes. Katie was a bit hesitant, she was afraid to be alone in a big apartment.

Reid approached her as she absentmindedly stared at the coffee in her hands. ''Katrina?'' He called softly.

She looked up, her big turquoise blue eyes staring up at him. His heart stuttered as he nervously avoided her glance.

''Reid?'' She looked away from him. ''Yes?'' She quickly looked up into his almond brown eyes, before looking away again. ''Um... I was wondering If... you could t-take me home.''

She glanced back up to measure his expression.

''Yeah! Of course.'' He quickly said. She smiled a small, sweet smile and thanked him. Pulling her black leather jacket over her narrow shoulders.

He smiled back and held the door open for her.

*At her apartment*

She unlocked her door and stepped inside, opening the door widely. Gesturing him to come in. He did and looked around.

A dark red wallpaper covered the walls of her living room. Books stacked upon her black, glass coffee table. Stephen King, Edgar Allan Poe, Etc.

Two pillows matching the wallpaper lay mindlessly on her black leather sofa. A dark, scarlet rug sprawled about over the wooden floor. A black lamp stand stood tall on the right of the couch.

''Sorry it's so messy.'' She noticed him observing it. ''Now, don't profile me.'' She smiled slightly.

He turned to her and smiled. ''I like it.''

She smiled, a rosy blush gracing her otherwise pale cheeks.

Just being in the same room as her made his heart beat uncontrollably fast. He grew nervous by her very presence. Everything he felt, he cherished.

She walked over and scooped up the books, putting them on her wall length bookshelf to the left. ''Hey thanks for taking me home.'' She turned back around to face him.

''Oh, no problem!'' He waved it off.

She smiled brightly, suddenly embracing him in a quick hug. He didn't have time to react, for the warm, unusual feeling paralyzed him momentarily.

She pulled away rather fast. ''I'm sure you wanna get back home.''

''Um... I guess, yeah.'' He smiled down at her and waved, heading for the door. She watched him go, waving when he looked back.

*Next day at Quantico*

Katie pulled on a pair of black jeans, a slightly tight fitting black t-shirt and her fathers old black leather jacket. Her lifelessly brushed out her long, wavy dark hair and applying red lipstick.

When she finally made it to Quantico, she walked straight to her desk, Sitting down wordlessly. She was in a whole different world! She didn't see what was before her or hear what was happening around her.

But she pretended to be over it.

She smiled at passersby and waved at her teammates as they entered the main area. She was just going through the motions.

*Two weeks later*

Katie finally felt she was over the whole kidnapped situation. And Reid was there, helping her through it all. They became extremely close friends, although Katie was still unaware of his strong affection toward her.

She was clueless! Aside the fact she was a profile. She's paid to know how people feel, and what they think. It was rather amusing to their fellow teammates.

It's currently 2 pm and Reid went to visit Garcia. Upon entering, she slyly turned in her rolling chair, a devious smirk engraved on her face.

''So Reid... when are you going to tell her?'' She asked. ''Tell who, what?'' he questioned. She laughed out loud. ''You know exactly what I mean.''

''H-How did you know?'' He uncomfortably looked away. ''Honey, I don't have to be a profiler to know you like her... a lot.'' Garcia adjusted her dark rimmed eyeglasses.

He looked down.

''Come on! Just tell her already!'' She bounced in her chair. ''I cant!'' He said almost panicking like.

''Okay...'' She let it go, turning back to her computer.

Katie doodled aimlessly on a stray piece on paper laying on her desk. Jadedly sipping her nearly cold coffee.

Reid sat on the edge of her desk. He was still nervous as hell around her, he was just less obvious about it.

They talked about anything and everything! All the while his heart beating viciously against his ribs.