Status: Working on it

Soul Meets Soul on Lover's Lips

I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know

''Thanks Spenc'' She smiled, despite a tear falling down her cheek. He smiled sadly, brushing away the tear gently. She wasn't as affected by this simple act of affection as he was, or maybe she was just good at hiding it.

His heart was beating so ruthlessly inside, it became excruciatingly painful. He could feel his heart pulsing through his fingertips. Although he adored this feeling above all.

''Hey, do you want to meet him?'' She asked, looking up at him. He stared at her unblinkingly, her beautiful eyes luring away his train of thought from the railroad tracks.

''You don't have to.'' She clarified, not wanting to put pressure on him. ''No, no!'' He finally regained control over his mind, which was previously residing in the clouds.

''I would love to.'' He smiled reassuringly.

''Thanks Spenc, You're the best!'' She stood on her tiptoes to kiss his check, before skipping to her desk.

Her scent lingered in the air as his heart pounded in his chest. He imagined he looked like a classical cartoon, his heart shooting out of his chest and pumping wildly, his eyes shaped as little pink hearts. Because that is how he felt.

His cheek was burning red hot where she placed her kiss. 'This can not possibly be healthy for a human being' He thought to himself.

*Their way to Sentara Potomac Hospital*

He made the mistake of allowing Katie to drive. She was driving as fast as the speed limit would allow and shouting at people who seems inexperience in the driving department.

Her shiny black 1975 Pontiac trams am, or as she often refers to it as her 'baby' was sharply turning round corners of the winding road.

'Bad Reputation' by Joan Jett & the Blackheart's was blaring through the small speakers as Reid sat, rigid and clinging to whatever was closest to him.

When Katie had parked the car, far from 'in' the lines that were drawn on the blacktop in the parking lot of the hospital her Uncle lay, fighting for his life.

*Inside*

They walked toward the front desk, the smell of over purified air to mask the scent of death, lingered in the air above. The flickering fluorescent lights lifelessly hung above their heads as cold surrounded their bodies.

''Johnny Vinson.'' Katie lightly slapped her hands on the white and black marble counter of the secretary's desk.

The dark skinned Indian woman behind the desk, typed the name into her computer to receive the number of the room Katie's uncle was staying.

''He just got out of surgery he'll be staying at...room 287'' She smiled politely, looking up at Katie and Reid.

''Thanks'' Katie and Spencer took the nearest elevator. Upon their arrival at said hospital room, Katie quietly opened the door. In case he was sleeping off his 2 hour surgery.

He was wide awake, a big goofy grin spreading across his aging face as he seen his niece. ''KATRINA!'' He waved her over.

She smiled, using her long legs to get there in seconds.

He pulled her into a hug, a rather weak one. Katie pretended to not notice, her uncle was the suffer in silence type, it would only embarrass him.

She smiled, despite her sadness and took the seat next to the hospital bed. ''This is Spenc!'' She introduced, lightly touching his arm. He was thankful he wasn't the one plugged to the heart monitor, or else it would be going insane.

''Ah! Nice to meet you.'' He weakly held out his shaky hand, which Reid took with a smile. ''Katie talks about you so much, I feel I already know you.'' The man smiled, causing the wrinkles near her hazel eyes to become more accentuated.

Spencer smiled widely, pleased to know she talks about him. Although now it would drive him mad to not know what exactly she said.

They talked and laughed until her uncle Johnny's nurse practically kicked them out. You see, visiting hours ended several hours ago.

Katie kissed her uncle's forehead, a sad smile on her pale face. And just before she exited, she waved goodbye.

''I really hope he's okay...'' Katie mumbled sadly as they retreated to the cold elevator. ''Me too.'' Spencer frowned, before pushing the button for the elevator.

When they walked out of the hospital, the sun was hiding behind the leafless trees and skyline of Woodbridge Virginia.

They entered her beloved muscle car and started the souped up engine. She drove in the direction of Spenc's place, where she would drop him off.

And we got license plates, wedding gifts, tax returns checks to politicians from real estate firms, Money, bills and canceled checks, Pretty funny pictures of your kids. We're gonna steal your mail, on a Friday night...

Reid couldn't possibly help himself from smiling as she sang along to the Dead Kennedy's. Quietly, but enthusiastically non-the-less.

He watched, enchanted as her hair blew gracefully and elegantly in the wind from her open window. She obviously didn't see herself clearly.

Her eyes remained on the road as his staring went unnoticed.

''Thanks for coming with me Spenc.'' She looked over quickly, smiling beautifully, how could she expect a quick answer.

''Oh!... Yeah, anytime.'' He smiled back, his heart strumming melodically from behind his ribcage as her smile bewitched him.