Status: Working on it

Soul Meets Soul on Lover's Lips

Oh death, where is your mercy?

Emily, JJ and Morgan begged Katie and Reid to join them for a drink down at the bar, after much verbal persuasion, they finally agreed.

''Can you believe we say yes? I'm already regretting it.'' Katie sighed as JJ drove, casually and cautiously.

''I know right? We're supposed to be trained to resist.'' Spencer sighed, the knot in his stomach tightening. He was nervous being outside of work with her.

She smiled as Morgan tried to set the 'party mood' by blasting some horrid nowadays degrading, siren and dirty worded music. She visibly cringed, whispering to Spencer: ''Save me.''

He smiled unintentionally.
*
''ALRIIIIGHT!!!'' Morgan started dancing around a few girls, who were not minding his presence all that much. JJ, Garcia and Emily went straight to the bar, and Katie and Reid stood awkwardly in the same spot.

''Come on.'' She laughed, taking Spencer's hand and leading him to a quiet table in the corner.

As he was still recovering from their previous physical contact, she spoke, in her airy, soft voice.

''This music...'' She shivered, making a sound of displeasure.

Spencer agreed, frowning up at the DJ.

Her phone tried, nearly desperately to reach the same volume of the music playing overhead, failing miserably although it was loud enough for her to check.

''Hello?'' She asked, after excusing herself verbally.

''Dad? What is it?'' She asked, her dark eyebrows knitting together as she quietly explained to Spencer that she could not hear and was going to step outside.

When she stepped outside she asked again, to which he replied with: ''Katrina, Uncle Joe has... passed away.'' She could hear her mother crying in the background, her Father whispering words of reassurance to her.

''What?'' A silent tear fell from her eyes, colliding with the cold pavement.

After she spoke words of comfort and tried holding back the tears, they said Goodbye.

She walked back into the bar, numbness consuming her wholeheartedly. She didn't quite hear the music and the smiles went unregistered, her face was blank, aside from a few stray tears staining her pale cheeks.

She walked right up to Spenc and wrapped her small arms around him, crying quietly.

His heart was racing, but it was also breaking.

He held her tightly, wondering what was wrong but allowing her to get it out.

She rested her head on his shoulder, her eyes closed tightly.

When she calmed down a bit, she pulled away, he was a bit reluctant to do so. She covered her face with her hands, embarrassed.

''My Uncle... died.'' Her voice breaking slightly at the end.

He frowned deeply, sympathetically giving his condolences.

He drove her home, offering to stay with her, although she insisted she wanted to be alone.

After he said goodbye, she hugged him briefly, squeezing tightly as yet another tear fell.