Status: Working on it

Soul Meets Soul on Lover's Lips

Avoiding

She rushed to her desk chair, hastily pulling on her black knit sweater.

''You leaving?'' Spencer's voice caused her to jump slightly.

''I-I, yes.'' She nearly ran out of the glass doors, throwing a small wave over her shoulder.

''REID! I'm so sorry! I thought you told her and she thought I was kidding but I didn't realize she didn't know until it was too late!'' Garcia's words slipped past her fluorescent pink lips without a breath.

''Calm down. What is it?'' He asked, confused.

''I'm so sorry, Reid. I told Katie. I thought you already did.''

Spencer bit his lip. ''Well that explains it...'' Reid nervously spoke. He glanced down at Garcia, who was standing before him in near mortification.

''It's okay, Garcia. I'm not mad at you or anything.'' Spencer reassured, attempted to smile but his cheeks felt as though they were made of stone and he simply couldn't form the smile he had hoped.

*
He dialed her number, his heart drumming a painful beat within his chest. He knew she wouldn't answer, he didn't have to be a profile to know that.

Reid sighed, driving to her apartment.

*

Spencer hesitated to knock of the door of her small studio above a quaint little shop, taking in a shaky breath.

Finally he lightly pounded on the door, praying she would answer.

''Katie?'' He quickly asked, frowning deeply as she didn't answer.

He rubbed a hand through his chestnut brown hair, pressing his head against the cold door and closing his eyes.

He knew she couldn't possibly feel the way he does and reluctantly, he left.