Status: Working on it

Soul Meets Soul on Lover's Lips

So it begins

''A popular theory among leading astrophysicists estimate that the hyper matter reaction would need about 10 to the 32nd joules of energy to destroy a planet the size of earth.''

Katie attentively listened to Dr. Reid as he ecstatically spoke to her. Interrupting him Morgan exhaustively said ''Oh my god Reid!'' Rolling his dark brown eyes.

Katie glared at him and said ''Oh shut up! I'm interested.'' Before sticking her tongue out teasingly at the muscled, dark man from the left of her.

He shrugged and mumbled a few words under his breath before returning to his paperwork that lay on his slightly messy desk.

She motioned for him to continue, looking up at him from where she sat at her desk. ''...Now, Lucas said it took 19 years to build the first death star right, but if you look at the new essential chronology there’s a test bed prototyped for a super laser that’s been...''

He continued as if he were never interrupted. Thrilled someone finally cared to listen.

Prentiss shuddered from her desk, before her gaze returned to the computer in front of her.

After their crucial discussion on Star wars, the two finally started some of their long overdue paperwork.

''Ugh don't you just hate Mondays?'' Prentiss sighed from her desk just to the right of Katie.

Katie nodded in agreement and took a sip of her coffee.

''FINALLY!'' She shot up from her chair and nearly shouted. Prentiss looked at her, both amused and confused. She startled Morgan and Reid causing them to jump slightly at her random outburst.

''I'm done.'' She explained her reason and blushed slightly.

''Great, You can help me.'' Morgan deviously smiled and handed her a stack of papers. She glared but took them anyway.

''Ya know? I don't know if I like you that much anymore...'' She teased before sitting back down.

A few weeks had past and all was well at Quantico.

Katie excitedly skipped into the coffee room where Reid, Prentiss, Garcia and Morgan were.

They all looked at her weirdly.

''What?'' She innocently asked, getting coffee.

''Its morning and your cheerful...?'' Reid observed as he rose an eyebrow.

She smiled. ''Well... I already had coffee.'' She informed, patting Reid's shoulder as she walked past him.

They all chorus an 'Ohhh' with the exception of Dr. Spencer Reid, who was unfamiliar with the psychical contact.

He smiled and took a sip of his coffee.

Katie blushed and laughed when she heard Morgan and Garcia flirting in the corner.

She shook her head and leaned on the counter Reid and herself where near.

She felt it was necessary to start a conversation with him. Seeing as though Prentiss had left and Morgan and Garcia were caught up in a conversation of there own.

The awkwardness was a bit numbing.

But she couldn't think of anything to say.

Thankfully he spoke first ''Did you know that coffee beans are the seeds of a fruit similar to a cherry?'' He asked, staring at the mug in his hands.

''What? No way!'' She smiled. Completely unaware of that random fact.

''Yeah. And October 1st is official “Coffee Day” in Japan.'' He explained to her.

''Whoa...'' She laughed. ''Why do you know all this?'' She curiously asked.

He shrugged and said ''I just do. I don't know'' He laughed. Blushing from the amount of attention she was giving him.

''Well, I think its cool. No matter what Derek has to say'' She cast Derek Morgan a look, before turning back to Dr. Reid and smiling.

He stared at her, for the first time actually looking without shying away when she noticed.

He took in her abnormally pale skin, her big, crystal blue eyes, her long, wavy dark locks of hair as they freely fell were they will down her petite shoulders. Her delineated cheekbones and her pouty, full lips.

She was the only person who took an interest in his mindless ramblings and poor excuses for conversations.

And so the infatuation began...