Status: Working on it

Soul Meets Soul on Lover's Lips

If anything ever happened to you, how could I go on?

''You are not sleeping on the sofa.'' Katie shook her head lightly, taking his hands and leading him away from the couch.

''You can sleep with me.'' She suggested.

Spencer glanced down at her, blushing at her offer. ''Are you sure?''

''Positively 100%'' She smiled, locking her door, his hand still tangled with hers.

Katie lead him to her room, parting to prepare for bed, brushing her hair, teeth and face.

When she reentered the bedroom, she found Spencer almost in the exact same spot she left him.

Smiling at his awkwardness, she climbed into her big warm bed.

Katie waved him over, softly patting the empty spot next to her.

He shyly and nervously joined her, his heart racing from within his chest.

She smiled up at him, closing her eyes.

Spencer found it extremely challenging to sleep while he lay next to her, the image of beauty in his mind.

Atlas his beating heart allowed him to drift into a soft sweet slumber, and soon morning would approach.

*

Katie drove Spencer to his place, in order for him to change and bathe before their daily routine of work would begin.

They arrived at Quantico exactly 2 minutes early, much to their surprise.

Katie went for coffee and Spencer parted to his desk, where he found something starling awaiting his arrival.

He picked up a small white envelope addressed to him, turning it over to opened it.

Spenc took the letter from inside of it and quickly unfolded it, displaying the font of an old typewriter.

I decided to deliver this letter to your office, considering I don't think I'm all too welcome at Katie's. Speaking of, that is a beautiful shade of red on her, don't you think, Dr. Reid?

Spencer glanced over at her, his eyes widening slightly as he gazed over her dark red lips.

The lump in his throat grew and he looked back to the letter, his heart raging against his ribcage.

Does it frustrate you, Dr. Reid? To know you'll never catch me?

He clenched his jaw, folding the letter not so gently back as he rushed to Hotchner's office.

Once he entered the open doorway, he spoke: ''There's another letter.'' He begrudgingly informed an alert Aaron Hotchner.

The stern-faced boss sighed quietly, standing from his blue padded office chair.

Spencer immediately went in search for Katie, his thoughts in disarray.

''Katie!'' He lightly touched her shoulder, which was adorned in a soft dark knit sweater.

She turned to face him, her eyes wide with curiosity and surprise. ''Yes, love?'' She asked, a tad bit concerned.

Despite his situation, her words effected his heart and its cruel beatings made it even harder to speak.

Katie looked up at his expectantly, rising a dark brow.

''There is another letter.'' He regretfully and hesitantly informed, he wished this never happened.

Katie bit her lip. ''Okay... What does it say?'' She asked.

He wordlessly handed it to her, it was severely crinkled under his clenched fist.

She glanced into his eyes briefly, unwrinkled that single piece of paper.

Katie swiftly read over it, looking up at Spencer once she had finished. She bit her bottom lip, rising her eyebrows.

''He's extremely arrogant.'' She spoke, handing it back to him as if it did not affect her, as if it were just another case.

It was far from that for Spencer.

He took it, frowning at the carpeted floors.

Hotch stood on the stairs that lead to his and Rossi's office. ''Meet in the conference room.'' He explained to them, leaving for that very room at once.

Katie reassuringly took his hand, smiling lightly up at him.

He brought her hand to his lips, kissing her knuckles as the lump lodged its self in his chest.