Status: Working on it

Soul Meets Soul on Lover's Lips

I see your eyes as if from a dream

The ambulance arrived just in time, they took her from his arms, despite his reluctance.

They put her in the ambulance, not having to wait for Spencer to get in, he was already there.

''We need to stop the bleeding.'' The medic explained to him as the driver sped off in the direction of the nearest hospital.

Spencer took her bony pale hand, old and new cuts and contusions displayed on her knuckles.

A tear fell down from his eye as stopped himself from squeezing her hand gently, he feared he might hurt her.

The doctors told him he would have to stay in the waiting room while they did a few tests, he would just be in the way.

The rest of the team was a bit delayed, although they wanted nothing more than to be there.

Spencer's phone rang from his pocket, he brushed the tears from his face and clearing his throat before answering it.

''Is Katie okay?'' Garcia asked, panicked, finding it an unacceptable time to call her by the nickname Penelope had given her; Kat.

''Yes, shes... shes getting some tests.'' He watched the floor, unable to prevent the tears from falling to the florescent illuminated floor.

''Good! Good.'' Garcia smiled a smile that would never fade.

*

''Dr. Reid?'' The doctor stood in front of him, a grave look on his face.

Spencer's head shot up, his frown deepening at the doctor's expression.

''What is it?'' He stood up quickly, his eyes wide and glossy.

The doctor sighed. ''Its just... we ran some tests and shes fine, but... she may be suffering from post-traumatic amnesia.''

Spencer's breath hitched in his throat and all that befell his face was a look of desperate pain.

''C-Can I see her?'' He asked, shakily.

''Yes, but she may not remember you when she wakes.'' The doctor warned, leaving him.

Slowly and cautiously Spencer entered the room, the monitors beeping peacefully was the only sound filling the air.

There she lay, her eyes closed and her lips slightly parted, her breathing was normal, although she looked as if she were having a nightmare in which she couldn't wake from.

He took the seat next to her bed, on the side opposite of the door, he wanted so desperately to take her pain away.

*

Spencer was woken from his small rest by stirring under his head, he sat up, tiredly looking upon a frightened, wide eyed Katie.

Her heart monitor was beeping wildly as pulled her knees to her chest.

''W-Who are you? How did I get here?'' She asked, her voice shaky as she sharply glanced around.

Spencer briefly closed his eyes, his heart savagely beating within his chest.

''You don't remember?'' He spoke, although he could not mask the pain in his voice.

She swallowed hard. ''Remember what?''

Spencer looked upon the floor, his eyes painted with that of only sadness. ''... Me.'' It was hardly a whisper, though she managed to hear it.

''You?'' Katie looked at him, attempting to figure out who he was. ''I-... I'm sorry.'' She honestly couldn't say.

His head feel further than it had been already.

He glanced back up at her, trying to hide the pain in his eyes, but failing desperately.

Her eyes widened with realization and gradually her eyebrows knit together, attempting to give that solemn face a name.

''... I-... '' She sighed after a moment, biting her lip. ''...- can't remember.''

Spencer took in a painful breath, forcing an unconvincing smile onto his face.