Status: Working on it

Soul Meets Soul on Lover's Lips

Be patient, my love

Her fathers shout cut short the silence, much too their happiness. She did not know what to say... or do.

''Katrina!'' Her father enveloped her in a hug of certain death by suffocation, she was not even visible, as her father was a burly fellow and she was merely petite.

Her mother was not far behind, and while her daughter was occupied, she rushed straight to Spencer, who was, needless to say, taken aback.

''You saved my baby!'' Katie's mother, Adora, squeezed him tightly, her honeyed accented words muffled by his sweater.

She pulled away, placing a grateful kiss on his cheek. She did not wait for him to respond before she hugged Katie and sat on the bed with her.

''Your grandmother is coming to America to see you, l'amour'' Her mother sideways hugged her, just happy she was safe.

''Grandma is coming?'' She asked, bewildered. She felt special indeed. Her Grandmother was not the travelling type, in fact she preferred her quint and cozy home near Paris in a city named Romainville, that was where Katie's mother had grown up.

Her mother nodded, enthused and a smile on her full lips.

Spencer took notice that Katie got most of her features from her Mother, who also had pouty lips, dark hair and fair skin.

Katie's dad was only slightly tanned, and his eyes were a dark hazel, his hair a muddy brown, he was of muscular build and although he was tall, his wife was a small inch taller, perhaps it was the result of her three inch heels.

''Did you want some coffee, hun?'' Katie's father asked after a while, he wanted to give Spencer and Katie some time alone and frankly sitting in those hard chairs wasn't doing well to him.

Katie bit her lip and glanced up at him, she didn't want to be a burden, although when she looked up, she could tell he wanted nothing more than to get up and about for a bit.

''If you don't mind.'' She smiled softly.

He nodded slightly, standing and stretching. ''You coming, dear?'' He asked his wife, who tilted her head back and peered at him.

''Come on.'' He laughed lightly, picking her up from her waist, her mother took Katie's hands as she was being lifted, careful not to knock Katie to the ground her father softly tugged.

Adora smiled brightly, waving farewell as her husband carried her out of the room.

Katie laughed and waved, shaking her head gently at her retreating parents.

''They are amusing.'' Spencer smiled from his seat to her left.

She glanced over at him, smiling that goofy yet dazzling smile of hers. ''Yes, that's one way of putting it.''

After a short comfortable silence, Katie asked; ''Do you know when I can go home?''

His heart strumming against his chest made it hard to concentrate as he attempt to remember whether or not they had told him.

''I believe so.''

Katie smiled beautifully, happy about getting out of this uncomfortable hospital bed.

This boy was in near constant melancholy.

She softly and hesitantly touched his hand, which rest on his knee, his eyes snapped to hers and he felt that shocking shiver climb happily up his spine from his fingertips.

''It's okay, Spencer. I will remember you.'' She promised, she felt something strange about him, a good yet frightening strange.

She was pleased that the heart monitor wasn't attached to her, her heart did something rather unusual when he was there, it was as though her heart already knew who he was and would swoon at the sight of him, like it was just waiting for her brain to catch up.