Status: Working on it

Soul Meets Soul on Lover's Lips

Which as they kiss, consume

The next morning came sullen and sodden and it was the last day of Katie's hospital bed arrest.

Katie's mother and Father came to visit for a few moments but then they would have to go and pick up Katie's grandma from the airport.

Mrs. Vinson took Spencer aside, her silky accent rolling off her tongue quietly as she peeked over at Katie, who was laughing softly at something her Father had said.

''Katrina used to love to play piano when she was a little girl, maybe that could help?'' Adora suggested, patting his cheek maternally, smiling lightly and encouragingly.

''Aaric, dear, It's time to pick up mother, she wouldn't be pleased if we were late.'' She informed her husband in her ever so thick accent, Katie's father nodded in agreement and kissed his daughters forehead.

''Met us... here.'' Adora quickly wrote down an address, leaving the small piece of paper on the bedside table.

''Farewell, bébé'' Her mother winked playfully after kissing Katie's cheek and waving goodbye to Spencer.

*

''I can go?'' She asked, hopeful.

The doctor nodded, smiling lightly as he checked over the last of her tests, to be sure.

She squealed in glee and jump to her feet, hugging Spencer for a fraction of a second but it was long enough to get his heart drumming feverishly from within his chest.

''... Sorry.'' She avoided his eyes, after a few seconds, she walked to the other side of the bed she spent 3 days in to pick up the address her Mother left.

''I-It's okay.'' He took in a deep inaudible breath that he seemed to have been holding in.

Katie glanced over at him, smiling softly. ''Do you want to come? I wanted to do something before...''

''Yes!'' He answered quickly, his stomach in a strange sort of disarray.

She smiled brightly, happy he accepted.

''Lets get coffee?'' She hardly suggested, it sounded more like a question. She had forgotten him, she did not know what he liked.

''Yeah, coffee is great.'' He tried to smile, although it felt like lifting heavy stone.

''Okay.'' She breathed, smiling a small smile and tucking the paper her mother left into the back pocket of her dark jeans.

*

They walked down the sidewalk quietly, passing a music store with classical instruments displayed in the large glass window, violins and cellos.

''Hey,'' Spencer had stopped walking.

Katie turned to face him, a curious and confused look bedazzling her bright blue eyes.

''Come on'' He encouraged, smiling softly.

She glanced in the direction he was gesturing, which was to her right. ''Okay...'' She laughed lightly, walking through the door he opened for her.

Katie subconsciously gravitated toward the piano, a tear falling down her cheek without her even realizing it.

Spencer frowned slightly, closing the distance between them, making her look up at him.

He stroked her cheek, brushing the tear from her cheekbone. His heart setting ablaze and vigorously roaring from within his rib cage.

Her dark eyebrows came together lightly and she touched where his fingertips lingered.

Katie did not understand why she had been crying and so quickly and softly she shook her head, she wasn't sure she wanted to know why.

Something compelled her to touch the black and white piano keys, to play it even though she was quite sure she didn't know how.

Slowly she took a seat on the small polished wooden piano bench, positioning her fingers over the right notes, she brought her fingers into loose fists and took a deep breath.

Suddenly a soft sorrowful melodic tune rang gently through the air, followed by a few just as somber notes of the piano.

Quite a few more tears escaped her sightless eyes, although she kept playing, she felt ever so strange and her heart was strumming painfully in her chest, she could almost hear it over the piano.

But how did she know how to play?

Once the soft slow song ended, she peeked up at Spencer with her big teary eyes and spoke, in the most mellifluous voice; ''I used to play piano...''

Spencer nodded, smiling a light smile. The sound of the piano still ringing pleasantly in his ears.

Suddenly her expression grew very serious, almost as if she were in distress. ''How come... I don't remember you?'' She asked so quietly he hardly hard what it is she said.

He took a painful deep breath, watching the floor intently.

''Maybe I can... Like with my Parents and the piano.'' She comforted, she wished desperately to remember him, she had only 'know' him for three days and he has been nothing but amazing, she could only image how much more he was.

''What if I... kissed you?'' Her voice tuneful and dulcet as she peeked up at him through her thick dark lashes.