Status: Working on it

Soul Meets Soul on Lover's Lips

It's time the tale were told of how you took a child and you made him old

Spencer stood there before her, his eyes wide and his heart thumping mercilessly behind his rib cage.

He could hardly utter a word, let alone think of something to say.

''It's okay... I was just...'' She waved it off, blushing a deep red as she avoided his eyes.

It was obvious that she had taken his silence a little differently than what was the actual case.

''No, I was just surprised.'' Spencer at last spoke, his heart far from slowing its brutal pace.

She smiled lightly, despite her heavy heart and exited the small music store, expecting him to follow.

Spencer solemnly bit his lip, frowning as he mentally kicked himself. He followed her out of the door, his heart strumming with pain.

He managed to catch up to her just in time to open the glass coffee shop door for her.

Softly she smiled in his direction, listening to the bells on the door chime peacefully as the door closed gently behind him.

The warm inviting smell of freshly brewed coffee welcoming them to the quint and cozy corner store.

Spencer frowned lightly, they always came here, yet she didn't seem to be remembering.

''I feel something strange about this place.'' She told him, attempting to forget her embarrassing situation not moments earlier.

A ping of hope pulled at his heart, he couldn't suppress the smile that tugged on his lips, not that he would have wanted to.

''We used to come here all the time.'' He informed as they took a small booth in the far back corner, near the window.

She glanced out of the large glass window to her left, she seemed to be entranced in a world far from their own.

Spencer couldn't have prepared for this sort of feeling to wash over him and as he dreamily peeked over at her, he felt nostalgia.

It happened countless occasions, Katie would get lost in her own head, most often than not did she would not even realize she had been so shamelessly ignorant to the world in which she currently resides.

''You were talking about my lips...'' She suddenly spoke, her words a bit uncertain.

''You remember?!'' He asked, bewildered.

''Only that.'' She bit her lip, suddenly becoming very self-conscious of her lips as she remembered that small memory.

''I've always loved your lips, but you always seem to be hiding them.''

She didn't comment on that statement and to her relief, the waitress walked up, kindly asking their order.

A few more moments later she had managed to find something to say, smiling and laughing lightly at her crazy theory that cats were once people.

She caught Spencer staring, sending him a questioning eyebrow raise. ''What?'' She had asked, growing slightly unsure of herself.

''I love your laugh... and the words you say.'' He spoke with such passion, such adoration towards her.

She blushed lightly at his melodious and sudden words, not daring to peek up at him.