Status: Working on it

Soul Meets Soul on Lover's Lips

Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am whole again

''Spenc...?'' Katie looked thoughtful and solemn as she gazed out of the window, biting her swollen bottom lip.

''Yes?'' He asked, peeking over at her briefly, his heart fluttering merrily in his chest.

''Have you given up on me?''

Spencer's brows knit together slightly. ''What do you mean?''

''Well, you've already waited so long. I was just wondering if... if you've given up on me. I can understand if you have, I mean-...'' She played with her fingers slightly.

''I couldn't even if I wanted to.'' He was slightly surprised she would suggest that, but she didn't remember him well after all.

''Why are you getting lunch anyway?'' She asked, glancing out of the window to her right.

''I lost a bet to Emily.'' He informed, he knew he should have known better than to bet with Prentiss.

Katie laughed softly, shaking her head. ''Now, Spencer, haven't you learned? Never bet against Emily.''

Spencer smiled at the sound of her laugh, he worried his heart would launch from his chest and fall to the ground from exhaustion. She made it pound far too hard from behind his rib cage.

His phone rang loudly from within the pocket of his thin button up jumper as he drove.

It was Prentiss.

''Emily.'' Spencer informed Katie.

She smiled, shaking her head. ''Speak of the devil.'' Katie quietly mumbled to herself as Spencer answered with a simple 'hello'.

''Hey, you and Katie go ahead and get lunch, I'll go with Morgan.'' Prentiss said, wanting to give Katie and Spencer alone-time.

''Are you sure?'' Spencer asked.

Emily nodded, though he couldn't see. ''Yeah, I'm sure. Woo your lady!'' She teased, smiling brightly.

Spencer blushed, he was going to explain to her that Katie was not his lady, but Prentiss interrupted.

''I gotta go, Morgan and I are getting lunch.''

Spencer bit his lip slightly. ''Oh, okay. Bye.''

He hung up, and though Katie didn't ask, he told her why Emily had called.

The small diner came into view, signaling Spencer to pull in. He parked smoothly and stepped out, he was going to open the passenger door for her, but she was already shutting the door behind her.

She smiled sweetly up at him, catching his gaze.

Spencer blushed deeply, smiling. He opened the glass door to the diner for her, his cheeks still a dark pink when they sat down.

''What?'' Katie asked after a while of enduring Spencer's eyes on her, she was blushing slightly.

Every time she would catch him looking, he would hastily glance away.

''I-I... Nothing.'' He bit his lip, looking down at the coffee mug in front of him.

She smiled, he was a terrible liar. ''Really, what is it? If something is troubling you, maybe I could help?''

''Not troubling. I was just thinking that you look especially beautiful today.'' He spoke nervously and slowly.

Katie blushed madly at this, biting her lip. ''Thank you, Spenc.'' Those words felt more important when he said them.

He glanced up at her briefly, smiling lightly.

''What can I get you two?'' The waitress asked, preparing to write down their order on a small notepad in her pudgy hand.

After they ordered, the waitress left, leaving behind the smell of baking bread.

Katie's brows knit together slightly, she chewed on her lip absentmindedly.

''Is everything okay?'' Spencer asked sweetly from in front of her.

''I just feel like this has happened before... Just like with the letter.''

''The letter?'' Spencer asked.

Katie nodded slightly. ''It made me remember something I think, I'm not even sure if it happened.'' She shook it off, attempting to smile down at the table.

''What is it?'' Spencer asked softly, his brows coming together in perplexity.

Katie took a breath, looking up at Spencer. ''I was at my place. You were there. I gave you a letter from the bedside table, I just remember you looked really serious.'' She shrugged slightly.

''Did that happen?'' She asked.

Spencer felt his hope restore itself. ''Yes, yes it did!'' He thought the rest of her memory wouldn't be far behind and she would remember what she felt for him.

She smiled softly, pleased with herself that she at long last remembered something about Spencer and herself.