Status: Working on it

Soul Meets Soul on Lover's Lips

I'll close my eyes, then I wont see the love you don't feel when you're holding me

After the profile was given, Hotch took Spencer aside. He had been absent-minded the entire time.

''Look, I know this is hard for you, Reid. But you need to focus on the case.''

The stern-faced Unit Chief gave a rare, comforting pat on the back and left.

Spencer sighed. He knew he shouldn't be thinking of his personal problems at a time like this, but he simply couldn't drive them from his mind. Especially when she was there in front of him.

Looking as beautiful and oblivious as ever.

''Earth to Reid!'' Emily waved her hand in front of his face.

He blinked rapidly, he only just realized that he hadn't blinked the entire time he looked at over at Katie.

''How could she not remember me?'' Spencer asked, his voice so soft it was barely audible.

''Oh, Reid. She will. You just have to give her time.'' Prentiss squeezed his shoulder lightly in reassurance.

He nodded, still unconvinced.

''Or,'' Smirked the ever so colorful Penelope Garcia. ''you could make her remember. Kiss her already!'' She threw her arms up in outrage.

''Woo your lady! Sweep her off her feet!'' She exclaimed.

Emily shook her head lightly, smiling as she patted Spencer's back and walking away, no doubt to the break room for coffee.

Spencer sighed, running a hand through his hair.

''I'm too scared to.'' He admitted, glancing over at Katie, who was talking with an animated police officer.

Jealousy bubbled up in his stomach and he swallowed the lump in his throat.

''I don't have to be a profiler to see that that home-wrecker has the hots for Kat. Better go and get her before someone else does.'' Garcia pushed him gently in their direction.

Spencer awkwardly walked over, smiling lightly down at Katie when she looked up at him.

''Spenc!'' She fondly greeted.

''Uh, could I talk to you?'' He asked, pink-faced as his heart raced.

''Sure. Would you excuse us?'' She asked of the police officer, who nodded in reply.

He left the two alone.

Katie looked up at Spencer questioningly. ''Yes?'' She softly asked when he did not speak.

''I-...'' He took in a deep breath. ''Katie, I can't help but wonder... if you're subconsciously restraining memories of me.''

He immediately regretted saying those words, for she was clearly displaying signs of being offended.

''Look, I'm sorry I can't remember you, Reid. Really, I am. But don't blame me! And I'm sorry that you're only thinking of yourself. You don't think I want to remember?''

She asked rhetorically, rolling her eyes as she walked away.

She couldn't say why she had gotten so defensive, perhaps it was because somewhere deep inside of herself, she knew it was quite possible.

Spencer caught up with her swiftly. ''Wait, Katie!''

She turned to face him, ''What?'' slightly still annoyed.

''I'm sorry for my accusation. I'm just afraid you will never remember what I can't forget. It hurts. And I know you're not to blame. Please forgive me?''

His warm dark eyes remorseful and sincere.

She bit her lip, looking down. ''Of course, Spenc. I'm sorry too.'' Katie was ashamed of her hurtful words.

She kissed his cheek ever so briefly, embracing him.

He rest his forehead on her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her.

He felt it. Every reason he loved her chorused through his body and he feel madly in love with her all over again.

What with his heart pounding in his ears, he doubted he would be capable of hearing.

''I love you, Katie.'' Spencer spoke without intention. He did not want to loss her even more but the feeling was so overwhelming that it simply slipped pass his lips.

He felt her body tense at his words, and grew sad.

''I know you do, Spenc.'' Her brows knit together in sorrow.

She wished she could say it back, but she couldn't.