Status: Just started...

Her Diamonds Falling Down

False Pretense You'll Learn Again

Jack’s eye fluttered opened at the sound of pans being dropped in the kitchen. Sitting upright, he could immediately feel the pain in his back due to sleeping on his hard floor. He poked his head up to see Roberta still sound asleep. He couldn’t believe everything that went on last night. Not only did Roberta get hammered, but she wanted Jack to kiss her. She wanted Jack to be her first kiss. He was now regretting turning the opportunity down. Who knows if he would ever get the chance again?

A light stir from the bed caused Jack to be pulled from his thoughts. For some reason he froze and held his breath as if he was trying to become invisible. Roberta turned to her side and was now facing Jack. She let out a new coughs, but her eyes never opened. Jack held his position a few moments longer before letting out the air that he held in his lungs. He was still dreading her reaction even though nothing had really happened.

Jack stood up and went over to his closet to find a clean shirt to change into. Settling with a white Billabong t-shirt, he threw off the gross, beer smelling shirt he slept in. Another loud boom from the kitchen startled Jack causing him to drop his shirt. Just as he reached down to pick it up the door to his room swung open.

“Dude, where the fuck have you been?” Luke shouted loudly. Jack winced as he heard Roberta let out a groan. His younger brother always got him in trouble.

“Where am I?” Roberta groaned, rubbing he very sore head. Luke’s eyes immediately went to the disshoveled girl in Jack’s bed.

“Oh, I, uh, I’m so-sorry. I’ll leave.” Luke stammered before slamming the door shut.
Roberta now became very aware of her current situation. She was lying in Jack’s bed, in Jack’s room and Jack stood across from her shirtless. She felt that all familiar chest pain building up, as her breathing became heavier.

“Bobby! Hey! You’re up!” Jack forced a smile. He quickly threw his shirt on and made his way over to Roberta. “Before you freak out, nothing happened. I swear. I even slept on the floor.” He rambled and pointed over to the make shift bed on the floor.

“N-nothing happened?” Roberta croaked. The tears in her eyes were begging to fall over her lids.

“Nothing. I promise. I wouldn’t take advantage of you.” Jack stated calmly. Those words had an instant effect and Roberta’s breathing wasn’t as heavy as before.

“I’m not drinking anymore.” Roberta whispered causing Jack to laugh.

“Don’t say that. You just have to learn how to pace yourself.” Jack chuckled. “Listen, let’s get you home and we can talk about everything later. I’ll take you out to dinner.”

Roberta nodded her head knowing it was probably best to go home. Her parents were going to kill her and all she wanted to do was sleep off her hangover.
“Sounds good.”

The two walked out of Jack’s room, passing the mess from the party and the people that were still sleeping or cleaning up. Roberta didn’t even lift her head in fear that she would be met with harsh and judging glares. The two made their way to the front door and out the house.

“Holy shit, Squid! You weren’t lying!” Scotty yelled in shock.

“Squid wasn’t lying about what?” Mason asked once he entered the room.

“Jack banged the new girl. She just left.” Scotty went to high five Mason, but he was ignored.

“Wait, Luke, what happened?” Mason asked again, clearly shocked by what Scotty said.

“I’m not sure what happened. All I know is I walked into Jack’s room and he was shirtless and she was in his bed.” Luke shrugged.

Mason’s eyes grew wider. “Wow, Jack really is good.”

Before the conversation could continue a very pissed off Olivia came into the room. “What’s with all the screaming out here?”

“Calm down Liv, it’s nothing. Go back to sleep.” Luke said calmly.

“Not until I know what happened.” Olivia was the typical gossip queen. She loved knowing everything and anything about the people around her, especially if it was bad.

“Jack and the new girl hooked up!” Scotty exclaimed making both Luke and Mason glare at him.

“Ha, figures.” Olivia rolled her eyes.

“What figures?” Luke turned his attention back towards Olivia.

“I knew she was a slut the first second I saw her. It doesn’t surprise me that she would fuck your brother.” Olivia shrugged as if it was no big deal.

“You don’t fucking know her. Don’t say shit about her.” Luke spat. He honestly had no idea why it made him so mad to hear what Olivia had to say.

“Don’t snap at me.” Olivia fired back. “It’s obviously fucking true.”

“We don’t know shit yet. So let’s not jump to conclusions.” Mason jumped in.

Olivia rolled her eyes again. “Whatever. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it’s obvious that it’s a duck.”

“Just shut up, Liv.” Luke sighed.

“Why are you so fucking wound up? You mad it wasn’t you?” Olivia joked at first, but the longer it took for Luke to answer the more Olivia started to believe that was the reason. “Are you fucking kidding me? That’s the reason!?”

Luke let out another long sigh. “No, Liv, that’s not the reason. I just don’t like talking shit about people.”

“Whatever. I’m leaving. Have fun with your new slut.” Olivia spat before storming out. This was typical Olivia behavior so Luke wasn’t too worried.

“Ha. She said new slut, as in she knows she’s a slut, but now she’s the old slut. Get it?” Scotty laughed. He was completely unfazed by Olivia’s freak out.

“Is she right?” Mason asked, ignoring Scotty’s joke.

“No, c’mon man, you know Bobby isn’t like that.” Luke turned to Mason.

Mason simply shook his head. “I’m not talking about that, I’m talking about you liking her.”

Luke froze for a moment. “Um, no. N-no. I don’t like her. I don’t even know her.”
Mason simply rolled his eyes at his young friend.

This could get messy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is anyone reading this? If not I'm going to delete it.

Comment. Subscribe.