Status: Trying Something New ......

Colors

Chapter 1.1

Fourteen Years Ago…..

“Stop it Nate!” Emma whined shaking the snow out of her hair.

Nate cackled evilly before yelling a clear “No.”

“Come on kids we're building a snowman, not having a snowball fight.” The two kids’ mom scolded, reaching over to help shake the snow out of her daughter’s hair.

Nate smirked bending down to collect more snow but as he straightened back up Lucy jumped on him, pulling them both on the ground with her on top. “Got you!”

“God Emma you're heavy.” Nate wheezed out forcing the handful of snow down his sister’s shirt.

“Nate!” Emma scream/laughed as the snow melted against her skin. “It’s so cold.”

“No way! Snow is cold?!”

“Don't be mean!” Emma forced out between laughs as she grabbed snow to pile on her brothers face.

“I’d never be mean to Emmie,” Nate replied before tickling his sister.

Emma’s laughter mixed with Nate’s as they both fought back, and neither heard their mom’s screams to run nor did they sense danger until it was too late.

“NATE!” Emma screamed in terror as she felt herself being lifted up.

“EMMA!!” Nate yelled back trying to get up but within seconds a wolf had planted himself on top of the little boy.

Wolves came pouring in lining half of the clearing but it didn't matter as the other half filled with just as many wolves. Both sides fought tooth and nail, blood staining the snow as well as the ground beneath them but neither side showed any signs of slowing down nor did they notice the little girl’s screams moving farther and farther away.

Nate could hear the bones cracking as the wolf above wrapped his massive jaws around the rogue’s neck; normally he'd be excited to be this close to his father in action but right now all he could think about was his sister. And it wouldn't be hours later when blood from both sides soaked the forest, bodies piled in every corner – including his mothers, would he be able to tell his dad but by then it was too late.