True Daggers

Chapter 3: My other part of my life, my other fam

Chapter 3
My other part of my life, my other family

The 2nd day of school actually went a lot pleasant. Robby didn’t talk to me for the whole day. I didn’t see Robby today at all actually. Today was great Nathan and I got to know each other a little more. I found out that he loves music. His favorite band is My Chemical Romance. He loves rock and rap. He mostly loves every type of music.

This is the other part of my life, Music. After school I went to band practice. My band mates are actually my other family. Erin is base guitar, Ryan is electric, I am lead vocal and electric guitar, and Danny is drums. So we are practicing for the contest in San Diego, California. The gig is called House of Blues. The band and I have been saving up money for plane tickets and money for hotel. The good thing is that our parents actually trust us to go with out any adults. So while we are practicing we had to think to ourselves which is the best song to sing.
“Erin what do you think?” I ask.
“I think we should go with Rock and Roll around City.” Danny suggests.
“I like that because that is a really funky song. Its fast it’s up to beat and I think this song could help us. This was the first song we wrote.” Erin suggests. Then I say,
“I think that is the best song.” Then we look at each other and we all say, “Agreed.” So it is settled. When we were listening to the radio we heard that there would be a contest at the My Chemical Romance concert. On the radio it said that if anyone who is going to the My Chemical Romance concert and wants to meet My Chemical Romance backstage. Since the whole band is going, they thought why not enter the contest. The contest was making a documentary on why you love My Chemical Romance. The prize would be 4 backstage passes. Then I said,
“Dude I think we could do this.” Then Erin says,
“But if we do enter, what would the documentary be about.”
“I got it we could explain why we love My Chemical Romance and perform one of their songs.” I said. The whole band agreed. Then we go to work on the video. We introduced ourselves to the tape. We took turns with the tape. Then we all explained why My Chemical Romance is a big part of our lives. Then that was it. We took a break and discussed what song we should do for the video.
“Well we need to do one of the songs that have a lot of bending and riffs.” Danny suggests.
“We could do End and Dead.” I suggested.
“What about Famous Last Words,” Erin asked.
“We could do both.” Ryan said. Then I say,
“I think that is a good idea. How are we going to do the beginning part in the end where there are those beeping noises?” While pondering,
“I know I could do it on the computer it could save time. We could make it a couple seconds and make it so we don’t have to stop it while making the video.” Then it was settled. We practiced the songs and go the sound affects and put on the computer. So far without the video being shot it sounded really well. Mikey would be the one shooting the video. I yelled for Mikey to come down.
“Hey Mikey, do you want to do us a favor?”
“Yeah what is it.”
“Shoot our video for the contest we are doing.”
“Ok, but it is going to cost you.”
“How much do you want?”
“Five bucks from each band member.” I looked at everyone. Then they shook their heads yes.
“Fine”
“Ok it’s a deal then Jamia. So, when are we shooting this video?”
“I’ll get you back on that one.”
“I want the money the day we shoot.”
“Ok, Mikey, stop being so greedy.” I yelled. The band and I continued the practice. Then Ryan thought of something.
“Dudes if we are on video and we are going to introduced ourselves as a band, what the name should be? We still don’t have a name now. We might as well name us now. Then I thought of something,
“What about Lasting Words? I always wanted to call the band that.”
“Now that is a good name. That is so awesome.” Danny thought. So for the rest of the day we practiced some more. When everyone was finished, my throat hearts like hell and my fingers were chapped. Well that’s what happens when you play guitar for a whole afternoon.