Don't Go

You Can't Be Too Careful Anymore

"Sorry we're late sir, we got caught up in the corridor" Mikey giggled audiably, nudging me with his elbow making me blush before sitting down on the bench next to Ian (who convieniently had Sean situated on his lap) Im glad Mikey found amusement in my violation period, he quickly leapt into the story as the audience he was informing all frowed and shook their heads whilst shooting simpathetic looks toward me.
I was being gawped at by everyone in the room too and I hated it. Mikey could see the unease in my eyes and patted the bench next to him. All eyes remained on me as I took my seat next to Mikey wanting nothing more than to hide behind him. Oh the irony.

The teacher cleared his throat and to my relief all attention fell back to the front of the class. I let out the air I had been sucking in and put my head in my hands extreamly aware of the fact Mikey had rested his palm on my shoulder, it felt really nice as he carressed his thumb back and forth over my shoulder blade making my hairs stand on end.
"Alright class!" The teacher shouted making me jump "Rounders today! I wanna' see every single one of you jog down to the field and around it fully once as a warm up"
"Oh god no" I mumbled. The last time I was forced to play this game I broke the nose of one of my peers by letting go of the bat in mid-swing, it was then that I gained another hater, which annoyed me because it wasn't like I did it on purpose.

Everyone leapt to their feet and started running for the door. The competative group sprinting ahead and moaning about stitch, the sensible group pacing themselves and doing stretches (i noticed hayley in this bunch) and the lazy/reluctant group that consisted of Me, Mikey, Sean, Ian and four other boys who's names I didn't know. The teachers stern face became a reluctant smile.
"Its always the "gay-group" that can't be bothered" His threw his head back with laughter before averting his attention to me "You should fit in quite well here Oliver" I grimaced.
"Oli!" Came the united voices of Me, Mikey and Sean making everyone left in the P.E hall giggle.
"Alright! Alright! Oli then" He corrected.
"Thanks Coach" I nodded.
"Come on then, let's get walking" Shouted Sean, whincing when the coach cleared his throat and raised his eyebrows
"Uh.. I mean.. Jogging" Sean said sarcastically making us all laugh again as we walked out of the doors and down towards the field.
I didn't know the way and i assumed that was why Mikey was walking directly in-front of me.. Until he stopped mid-walk making my body topple onto his back and my face burn a deep red. He wrapped his arms around my legs making me squeal like a girl and picked me up with ease as huge muscular arms bulged benieth my weight. He shook with laughter as I about toppled backwards to the ground and was forced to claw frantically at his shoulders to stay upright, Taking full advantage of the situation as I let my arms dangle over his shoulders, resting my head on his, inhaling  the sweet cherry scent wafting from his hair. I cursed loudly when he looked up and I bit my tongue smacking his chest as a punshment and leaving my hand close to his racing heart.

"If you two have finished flirting, I think introductions are in order" teased Ian who had his fingers laced with Seans. 
"Sorry" I murmured burying my burning face in Mikeys neck to avoid biting my tongue again
"What can I say" came a warm voice below me "I'm that irresistable" I kicked him lightly in the stomach "What?!" He laughed "I can put you down if you want" I shook my head and tightened my legs around his waist making him squirm and everyone else laugh. They all took turns announcing their names as we strolled toward the field. First, Gerard who was Mikeys older brother, then Frank who was dating Gerard.  Jack, who was dating the last person to introduce themselves, Alex. It wad only then that I realised just how much much I was accepted into this school. It was homosexual headquarters.

We didn't bother walking around the field, by time we got their everyone had already done and Coach was putting them into teams. It resulted in a Girls versus Boys game which led to the debate of which team the gay-group should be on. I smiled to myself, either way I would be the worse person on the grass plain.
"Ok! Oli you bat first, i want to see what raw talent you bring to this lesson" I glared at him. I have the talent of letting the bat go and breaking your nose I thought to myself.
"What did I ever do to you?" I moaned whilst pouting and stepping up to first base.
"You can do it Oli" Chanted Mikey followed by the rest of the guys, but Mikeys voice was the only I seemed to care about and I didn't know why. Hayley stepped into the bowler square and everyone fell quiet.
"You ready?" She mused.
"Im about as ready as i am straight" I stated and she laughed before throwing the ball in my direction. To no surprise, I missed.
"No ball!" Came the voice of the coach. Meaning she had to throw it at me again making me moan, I could impress Mikey in music, but not P.E. 
Yeah, that's the thing to focus on genius, just focus on hitting the ball, not Hayley, not Mikey, God... Mikey- No! the ball, nothing but the ball
I swung hard and the bat beneith my fingers trembled as it connected with the ball, which flew off in the opposite direction, my jaw fell open and the team erupted behind me. Even the teacher shouted
"Run Oli! Go!"
I giggled and ran to the first post knowing that I looked like a penguin on steroids. I made it to first, second and third without falling and I was on my way to fourth when I caught my foot in a patch of mud and my ankle jerked in another direction.
"Ow! Fuck me!" I screamed as my body connected with the cold floor. Instantly Mikey was at my side.
"You okay?" He asked looked like his eyes would pop out if I said no.
"Im fine, just clumsy" I smiled.
He offered a hand to help me up and I took it, not wanting to let go again. As I stood errect my ankle gave out again making me yelp as I fell into Mikeys arms, immediately comforted. He scooped me up and walked past fourth base with me.
"Uh.. No-one stumped the post, and Hayley doesn't have the ball.. Rounder!" the teacher shouted as everyone clapped and at least four people messed up my hair, making me sulk until Mikey sorted it out.

I sat out due to the teachers orders, not that I minded, I was quite happy gazing longingly at Mikey each time he struck the ball, Laughing at Sean when he incredulously managed to pelt himself in the face with the bat. I wasn't the only one who injured themself either. Mid-game I was joined by Alex, who had fallen on the same patch of land as me, only he twisted his knee, not his ankle.
"Looks like we're both cripples now" He laughed, sitting next to me as Jack placed a kiss on his forehead.
"Guess so" I replied, far too interested in Mikey.
"So, you and Mikey seem to have hit it off pretty well"
"Ha, I guess so, he seems nice"
"Oh get out the closet, you fancy the pants off him" He teased as I buried my face in my hood "See"
"Shush, it's not as if we're dating" I rolled my eyes "I doubt he even thinks about me that way" 
"Oh please! He couldn't be more obvious about liking you" Once again, fuchia infiltrated my face 
"Nahh"
"Oh come on, so he just happened to pick you up and piggy-back you here because your a friend" I was lost for words
"Maybe" Was all I could manage.
"And what about when you fell? He raced over to you as if you died" I chuckled, he had me there.
"Ok, so say he does, I'm not moving on it" I stated remembering Lee and looking away from Alex.
"Why not?"
"Bad past"
"Oh, Ok, I won't press, I know what it's like to not want to talk about things" This perked my curiousity and I glanced back at him, instantly regretting it.
"What the fuck?!" I exclaimed staring into the eyes of a see-through ghostly figure that was looming over Alex
"What?!" Alex replied turning around and putting his arm straight through the figure, he couldn't see it, but it could see him and it was talking to him 
"Dont feel bad Lex. It wasn't your fault. You have nothing to feel guilty about" it repeated several times,
"Lex?" I repeated, Alex whipped his head round confused "Why would you feel guilty??" I asked, bringing tears to his eyes.
"I don't know who you have been talking to, or what they said, but that has nothing to do with you!" he sobbed before standing up and walking away, whilst being followed by the ghostly figure. Jack noticed Alex's distress and followed him. Everyone else was looking at me. All I could do was shrug and everyone seemed to understand what had happened and continued playing. Leaving me. Ever confused and freaked out by the scene I had just witnessed

"Dont worry" Sean reassured me with a sad look in his eye "He has been through more than you know, he gets a little upset sometimes"
I nodded, still confused about the figure that followed him. The rest of the day passed as a blur, lunch was spent with my new group of friends who gossiped about 'gay pride', each others relationships, but Alex never returned and this put me on edge. Even music didn't comfort me because he wasn't in there and we were learning things that I already knew. Mikey kept asking If I was okay, but he never looked convinced when I told him I was fine.

As I lay on my bed reflecting the events of the day, I still couldn't link my sisters enigma together. And the events during P.E had confused me further. Thank god it was Friday and I had tomorrow to mull it all over. I sighed and rolled over in an attempt to clear my head and get some much needed sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have the next chapter written too because I have a lot of exam prep coming up so god knows when I will write again :)
but I will update soon :)
My commenters are LUSH :3 <3
and so are my subbies ;)