Don't Go

It's Not The End Of The World, But I Can See It From Here

I awoke from my dream-less slumber, pulse thriving with the realism of the situation that was surreal around me not moments ago. My heart leapt to my throat silencing the scream that attempted to escape when I noticed a stone like silhouette sat at the end of my bed.
"Scary isn't it" Piped a familiar voice that instinctively made me lunge to the end of the bed with open arms "Alright, Alright, Get off me" 
I flicked on my lamp to find her sat cross-legged against my wall at the bottom of my bed. Her long black hair falling past her shoulders, fringe coating one side of her face. Her face claimed more colour than before meaning that she had had a lot of rest since our last rendevous. This was the girl I remembered from my 'simpler' past. 
"Sorry Alice" I chuckled "I was wondering when you would come back" I sighed not wanting to waste any time at all "Listen, I know you just got here, but last time you didn't stay long and I really need to talk to you about something" I paused and her head bobbed in silent agreement so I continued
"In P.E-" 
"In P.E you saw a child situated next to Mr. Alex gaskarth. The boy was about 13 years of age and was apologising to Alex, saying it wasn't his fault and that he had nothing to feel guilty for, You questioned Alex on what he would have to feel guilty for and Alex reacted badly. At this point you realised Alex could not see the boy because he walked straight through him and-"
"Wait, Just wait a second. How in hell can you know all this" I whispered, thoroughly bemused.
"Im tapped into your thoughts" 
"Oh okay then, that expains that.. Just one small thing... What the hell?!?" 
"Calm down Oli, I know it's a shock right now but one day you'll be about to do it too. And your little "encounter" was bound to happen soon enough and I can't explain anything to you if you wake mum up with your squawking can I" She shot a scheptical look in my direction and threw a pillow at my face making me smile, she truely was home. For now.

"Right, now are you gonna' shut up and listen, or are you going to keep interupting??" She stated shifting her cross-leg posture closer to me. I grabbed a pillow and threw it underneath me as I collapsed onto my stomach in front of her placing my head in my palms and waving my feet around behind me.
"Go for it" I stated.
"God, your so unbelievably gay" She chuckled "Alright, here we go. Like I said before, our family are different to those around us, with a few exceptions" She pulled her brows together "Its hard to explain really" She fumbled with her thumbs whilst her eyebrows became one above her eyes.
"You have heard of heaven and hell haven't you Oli"
I simply nodded.
"In a way, our world is like that, two sides, Good, bad. Heaven, Hell. Nightmare, Dream only we, and by we I mean our family and many like our own, have the power to see the influence on both sides. She analysed my face and my thoughts making sure I wasn't too confused before continuing.
"The "boy" you encountered today was a hinge called 'Daniel Gaskarth' He was Alex's older brother when but he killed himself and Alex takes most of the blame because they had an arguement not long before-"
"A... Hinge? Wait.. He was DEAD?!" I bit my lip as she frowned at me "Sorry" I whispered sheepishly motioning locking my lips and throwing away the key.
"Yes, Daniel is dead, but you didn't see Daniel, you saw his hinge which remains on this earth with Alex"
"What the hell is a hinge?!" I stated exasperated. She threw a pillow at me.
"I'm getting to that" She smiled, but with a quick flip of her fringe that smile soon faded and became a pondering line. "Or better still, I can show you, get dressed and meet me downstairs" She ordered jumping off the bed and strolling out the room before I had a chance to ask why.

I rolled out of the warmth of my bed and followed her command as quietly as I possibly could, not wanting to wake my mother when I was finally getting some answers. I trudged down the stairs towards the open door my sister was holding and skipped through it, letting excitement and anxiety control my body momentarily, before being taken over by the unbelieveable cold and shuddering.
"You nervous?" She prodded my side and pulled a scary face
"A little bit" I agreed. 
We walked in silence towards town and I let my mind wonder to what I was about to experience with her, it scared me quite a bit. 

To my suprise town was still half full of people, considering the time, most of them were drunk. Alice removed her hand from her pocket and stretched it out in front of her whilst whispering something that I didn't quite hear. A small water droplet erupted from her palm and fell with a plip to the floor before a small wave drifted outwards from where it had landed.
"That baby bro, was a seal, a break between the third dimention and the fourth I set it to make things a little bit easier for you to understand"
"The.. Fourth.. Dimention??" I stammered, not understanding at all.
"Yes, The spiritual dimention, Heaven and hell, Dream and nightmare, ect. Look around you"
I did as I was told and glanced at my surroundings nervously, a huge dome-like shimmer that spread for miles was caught the air above my head making the bitter wind around me cease. Immediately I noticed the other differences, The drunkards surrounding me had become perfectly un-moved, they were like stone and all had a blue aura surrounding them.
"Why are they glowing with a blue aura?"
"Its a shield, in a way it's like a blindfold it stops them seeing what we can see now, that's why we don't have one"
"Is that why I was able to see Daniel earlier? Because I don't have the shield"
"Mhhmmm"
I continued to look at them, although the people had stopped-
"You can see them can't you? She stated, staring at me with wide eyes that screamed worry and confusion.
"I uh, yes, but what are they??"
I glanced again at the ghostly figures that were surrounding the statue people.
"They are spiritual doubles of their primary hosts, everyone has one"
She lost me again so I stared at her dumbfounded, she sighed then chuckled ruffling my hair.
"I thought you were supposed to be the smart one"
"Its a lot to take in" I whined pushing her hand away and straightening out my hair whilst scowling at her for ruffling it in the first place.
"Hmmm. Okaay. Basically. Every living human" She prodded a finger at the people around us "has a spiritual double or clone" She pointed at the ghostly figures that were still floating around. "These clones are called hinges, purely because they are part of the door that connects the spirtual and realism dimentions. The hinge can live on without the primary host, but the body cannot live without a hinge" I nodded glancing around.
"If a hinge looses it's primary host"
I glared at her and shrugged.
"Right. A Primary host is the human body a hinge was born with, try and keep up" she winked "Anyway if a hinge looses it's primary host, through death for example. It can travel to a body that the primary host was closest too, also known as a secondary host" Seeing my expression she hurried to explain "Like Daniels hinge for example, when Daniel died, his hinge travelled to the person Daniel was closest too... Alex"
"So the hinges protect the people they love?"
"Not exactly, some do, some don't"
"Like.. Dream and nightmare, good and bad?"
"Yes, exactly. Sometimes, people die and they have no close bonds. So the hinge becomes alone and confused because it has no place to travel. It just wanders alone"
"God that would drive me insane"
"Exactly" She said sternly "Being alone is enough to drive anything mad and that's what happens. The hinge becomes insane and out of control. They start fighting for a host. It gets to the point where they will go out of their way to kill a primary hosts hinge"
"But I thought you said a host/human can't live without a hinge?"
"Precicely, When the hinge is destroyed, the body becomes numb and cold and slowly starts to fade. That's where the intruding host comes in and "possesses the body" you could say but this is obviously an abnormality because the body is dead with the main hinge, so they become, almost vampire/zombie like, that's where we step in, to destroy any possessed hosts, or simply to stop the possession from happening"
"Bloody hell" I sighed shaking my head "Ok, so what does this have to do with me or the fact mum is lying to me"
"Mum has the power, Dad... Didn't" She paused and looked at me concerned again "When people become 'possessed' they lose all memory of themselves and the events that occured during their possession, it's like it never happened. The aura is broken down and there is no hinge left to protect the body from harm"
"Alice what are you going on about?"
She engulfed most of the oxygen around her in a single breath.
"Dad.. Became possessed, his hinge was destroyed and replaced with an insane hinge. Mum couldn't stop it which is why she denys that anything ever happened, but he remembered some of it-" she choked on her words and her voice raised an octave "he remembered the pain and the confusion and he remembered seeing what happened and when I challenged him about it..." She didn't finish. "I knew from the start, as soon as he walked in that night without an aura or a hinge-"
"Wait? You mean like him? He doesn't have a hinge or an aura?"
"What?!" She reeled around and thrust me behind her, crouching in a protective posture between me and the male that had caught my attention.
"Why hello there Alicia" The male figure hummed through clenched teeth "How kind of you to bring me the very boy I wish to destroy"
Alice laughed 
"You really think I came unprepared, you really are stupid. Oli. Stay back, I'll take care of this, in fact-"
She turned to face me once again, placed a hand on my chest and muttered a few un-audiable words. I felt a crack in my side and I fell to the floor, smashing my head on the door of my house that suddenly appeared in front of me.

I heard a scream from behind me "Oli, are you ok?!?"
♠ ♠ ♠
It's VERY! confusing I know xD
read it through again and if your still confused email me xD xD
it will make sense soon :)
comments???? :)