Seven Minutes

Jaime's Prologue

Wow, prologue’s are hard……I must have read a half a dozen prologues from books—mainly Nora Roberts novels—before starting my own. I read somewhere, though, that you should write one out like you’re talking to someone and that it’s vital not to erase anything but grammer errors. So…..here’s hoping my “interview” goes well.
Okay, so I guess I’m just jumping into it then….? Yeah.
Alright, well, my name’s Jamie Sullavin—yeah, the spelling’s s’posed to be backwards—I’m seventeen—isn’t everyone?—and I can tell you right now, as you’re probably already thinking, I’m no writer. Actually, I want to be an actress. I know what you’re thinking; everyone wants to be an actress. But I really got what it takes. My friends all tell me I do.. Besides, the drama club was where I met my perfect boyfriend, Dustin.
Poor Dustin…..
Dustin was such a sweet guy and all that, but…..
I guess you’re wondering what happened, huh? Janice Richard’s party happened; her and her stupid party. Everyone who knows anything knew Janice set the whole game up to play matchmaker. She rigged it perfectly every time, planning before she drew names that Betty and Bill should be together. Here’s the thing; it always worked. I just hoped she’d lock me in with my own boyfriend, you know. Be nice. Approve of the relationship.
But I guess she didn’t. She would rather me be with Malcolm Doyle, the cocky court jester of my school. Malcom was cute and all, I guess, but he definitely wasn’t boyfriend material. And for a hopeless romantic such as myself, Dustin was just perfect.
So why did one of my friends set me up with Malcolm freaking Doyle?
I’ll get there later. First, I gotta backtrack. I’m so sorry to say, though, you won’t find out what color underwear I was wearing that day, let alone of what happened with Malcolm.
It all starts with the first chapter, and this is only the prologue! Kinda like a teaser trailer, huh?
At least I know what happens…..
♠ ♠ ♠
No updates tomorrow.
Enjoy!
[for any kinda confusion, read my latest journal entry; it explains all]