Status: Comments make me smile :)

Around in Circles

Awkward Again

Things have gotten way less awkward between Matt and I. We have actually gotten a lot closer. He was definitely someone I could rely on, but I still didn't know if I could trust him. I felt like I could but I just didn’t know. I felt like one morning I was going to wake up and he would just be gone.

I was on my way to my bakery to see how things were going; I haven’t stopped by since Saturday morning and it was already Friday/ It had almost been a week. I’ve just gotten so caught up with things back home. I usually do stop by a few times a week to check on how things are going, but I never really had to be there because I had bakers and workers. Although I did love coming here, it was like home away from home.

“Hey, Chelsea!” Chelsea was one of the girls that worked here. She was one of my favorites, probably because she reminded me so much of one of my best friends, Anita. They could practically be twins, they both had brown hair and green eyes. But not only did they look like each other, they were both fucking insane! No joke, they're psychotic, but not in a bad way.

“Hey, Hey, Hayyy! It’s about time you came back; I thought a gang of chimpanzees kidnapped you and baked you into a pie.” Wow.

“What?! Girl you crazy! They obviously made me queen, but I was like, ‘No, I gotta go back, Chelsea would never survive without me.” We both laughed. I went into the kitchen and saw Bernard, one of the bakers.

“Hello, Bernard.” I smiled.

“Hello, Miss Lacey.” Even though he was much older, like in his 50’s, he always called me Miss.

I got to preparing some dough for tomorrow. I was going to bake bread because we were going to have a picnic. By the time I finished, it was already 9. Bernard had left long ago. I basically spent the whole day here, but I got a lot done. I lose track of time while baking because I loved it so much!

“Your boyfriend’s here.” Chelsea said with a wink. I looked up confused. Who was she talking about? Matt walked in after her. I smiled widely, but when he wasn’t looking I stuck my tongue out at Chelsea. I couldn’t believe he was here! Wait, why was he here?

“Matt! Hey, what are you doing here?”

“Naomi sent me…” Oh. My smile faltered but I quickly realized it and put it back on. “… she said you would need a strong sexy man to help you carry your things.” I couldn’t help but laugh, there was no way she had said that.

“Seriously?”

“Fine, maybe those weren’t her exact words.” He started laughing too. “For some reason it seemed like she wanted me out of the house. Shane and Luke weren’t there so I came.” I laughed. I think I know why she wanted Matt gone. “Wow, Lace…” Him calling me Lace just made my heart jump. “… You made such a mess.” I looked around. I guess I did. “You even have some flour on your face. Are you sure you haven’t been sniffing crack?” I chuckled. He then brought his hand to my face, my breathing just stopped.

He started to wipe off some of the flour from my face, and then he stopped and looked down at me. The smile came off his face and was replaced by seriousness. He looked straight into my eyes and slowly began to bring his face closer to mine as I began to stand on my tippy toes. My heart was racing.

“Seriously, does it really take this long to get…” She stopped short looking at the scene ahead of her. The look of shock was quickly replaced by a smirk. Matt and I stepped far away from each other.

“Well, well what do we have here?” I would've loved to go over there and take that smug look off her face.

“It’s not what it looks like!” We both said at the same time.

“She had flour on her face.”

“And he was just taking if off.”

“Mhm, I’m sure.” Obviously she didn’t believe us. I probably wouldn’t have believed it either.

“What’s going on in here? Oh hey Lacey!...” Luke smiled. “…and Matt.” At the sight of Matt his smiled faded.

“Oh, nothing, nothing. Let’s go.” Naomi said dragging Luke out of the room. I took a quick glance at Matt. For a second our eyes met, but both of us quickly looked away. Things just got awkward again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww no new comments :(