Status: Comments make me smile :)

Around in Circles

Trust

I took the stairs down; I was definitely not in a cheerful mood, but I would fake it. Just like it says “Fake It 'Till You Feel It.” I would pretend to not be upset, and hopefully it will make me feel that way. Even though Matt was going to move out we would probably still see each other. It wasn't like he was going to move to the other side of the world. I hoped.

“ ‘Morning Charlie!” I cheerfully greeted him.

“Good Morning Ms. Crawford,” Charley greeted me while opening the door. When I stepped outside, I was hit with a wind of cold air carrying the sent of waffles. Oh yum! It smelt delicious. I wanted waffles now; maybe I could get some on the way home.

When I arrived at the café, I was engulfed with the smell of hazelnut and vanilla. My mouth started watering just at the smell of it. I wanted food now, my stomach begun to rumble. I was starving even though I didn’t usually eat in the mornings. Walking up to the line I debated what to buy, I looked inside the glassed show case, and a lot of the things looked so delicious. I was like a lion seeing a lamb after a week of not eating.

I couldn’t help but smile when I saw that some of the cakes in their display were from my bakery. Even though I knew we did business, it always made me happy when I saw people wanting to buy my foods.

“Hello, welcome to Café Swiss. How may I help you?” the lady at the counter asked me.

“I want that cheese cake over there with the strawberries on top,” I pointed to what I wanted. “and a raspberry tea.”

“For here or to go?”

“For here.” She placed the cheesecake on a plate and passed it to me. Then she went to the side and poured the tea. When she gave it to me I thanked her and went to sit down. I found an empty table next to two teenage girls that were talking obnoxiously, but it was the only available table in the café.

I sat down and started to read, but was unfortunately interrupted.

“I can’t believe you’re getting back with him, after everything he did!” one of the girls yelled. “After everything, how can you trust him?” she continued. Her friend stared at her, hurt evident in her eyes. After a short sigh she replied.

"I know he did. But he said he was sorry and didn't mean it."

"But how can you trust him again after everything?"

"I don't know. But all I know is I love him and he promised he'd never do it again."

"He promised that last time."

The girl was right. How can she trust him after everything? If anyone cheated on me, I would never be able to trust them again. That was when it hit me like a ton of bricks. Even though Matt never cheated on me, how could I trust him again? Chances were if he left once, he would probably leave again. That girl’s friend was right, how could you trust somebody again after they've cheated on you? How could you trust someone after they've left you already once before? How could I trust Matt again?

I felt a thousand bees stinging at my heart. I felt like I had just been punched in the gut, like a fish out of water gasping for air. Matt left me once, how could I trust that he won't leave me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the chapter took a while to get posted, you can bombard my friend messages for the late update. No, I'm totally kidding, don't.
Next chapter will be posted either on Saturday or Sunday. I already have it typed out.
Merry Christmas to anyone who celebrates!
What are your holiday traditions?
My family does a big celebration today on Christmas Eve. Traditionally it's supposed to be 12 meals, but not everyone likes everything so theirs less.