My Knight in Shining Armour

Chapter One

"Call me when you get home, 'kay?" Trever said, pulling me in close and kissing me on the forehead.

"I'll be fine, Trev," I reassured him.

"I know you will be, just call me, okay?" Trever insisted. It was cute how protective he was.

"Okay!" I smiled, and gave him a kiss.

"Promise?"

"Yes Trever! I promise! I will call you the minute I walk into my house!" I laughed at his pushiness. He gave me another kiss, a hug, and opened the door of my car for me.

"Bye, babe!" He said, before I shut the car door. I buckled my seat belt, and started the car. Trever had already walked up to the door, and was waiting for my to pull out of his driveway. I did so, and honked my horn twice.

It was Sunday, early afternoon in October. I spent the entire weekend with Trever, since we normally only see each other on the weekends. He and I had been dating for 2 years, we met through friends of friends at school, and the following trimester after we met, we sat next to each other in study hall. Trever graduated in the Spring, but I was still a Junior at the time, now a senior.

Trever lived an hour away, in a bigger city. I was sitting in traffic, fumbling with the radio, which I couldn't seem to find a decent song. There were three things I remember about the day. I remember it was hot, and sticky. I tried lifting my legs off the seats, but my moist skin stuck. Another thing I remember for a traffic jam, it was quiet. Quiet may be an exaggeration, but it wasn't the crazy, constant, horn-honking madness like other times I'd been stuck in traffic.

And the third thing I remember was the woman who screamed. It broke my heart when I heard it, even if I didn't know why she screamed. Her scream was pure terror, nothing but terror. I opened the car door, as many other people did, to investigate the problem. Then another woman screamed, but in shock and panic. I was more confused then ever. A lot of people turned and looked into the sky, so I followed lead.

What I saw nearly made me scream, as well. I don't remember how I hadn't heard it before I saw it. There was an air plane. A big one. It was at a tilt towards the right, its wing hardly missing the top of a sky scrapper. It flew faster then it looked like it could, and was at the ground in a matter of seconds.

I lied, there were four things I remember. It was loud. So loud. I had never heard anything like it before. I don't know if it was a sound wave, or an impact wave that knocked me down, but I skidded across the road a good five feet. And that was the fourth and final thing I remember at the time.

My dream was dark. It was warm and dark, the stars were out and there was the strong smell of barbecue in the heavy air. I could feel it was summer. Trever sat beside me, on a dock, dipping our feet into the warm water. The water warmed my face, my arms, my stomach, and my legs. In my dream, I laid down on the dock, and Trever leaned over me. He kissed me passionately, warmly. His hand started to unbutton my shirt, and his hands moved flat, and ice cold on my chest. He pushed down hard, and I jerked, shocked. He came in close for a kiss again, before pushing on my chest. It hurt, and I couldn't believe Trever would hurt me like that. He did it again, this time I screamed, I tried to at least. It hurt my throat, and my mouth was stretched to its widest, but I heard no sound.

My dream faded quickly, and I realized the flaws in it. It was dark from the smoke, it was warm from the fire, it smelled of bbq from the burning of various materials. It wasn't water that warmed my body, but blood. And it wasn't Trever leaning over me. I couldn't see him properly, from the blood dripping into my eyes. All I could tell was he had short hair, and he was tall.

"Got her!" His deep voice came. There were two other people there, another man and a woman. I was lost in the commotion, I couldn't pay attention to what they said. The damage was incredible, it was unrecognizable from moments ago. There weren't any blue skies, or birds chirping around. It was hot still, but a sickly, unnatural hot. I could hear the three people talking, but I couldn't process what they said. I think the first man was talking to me, maybe telling me something, or telling me to do something, but I couldn't tell. His hand reached for my face, and I could feel his rough hands through the numbness.

"Don't let me loose you again," He said, and I felt oddly comforted, before drifting back into a similar dream as the one I had previously.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think! There's still time to change!