Like a Demon

"They're special friendsh... it'sh weird."

“HE’S GOT IT!!” Mei cheered, dancing excitedly around Dex. For a week straight, his band had only spoken to him in Japanese, and he was only allowed to reply in Japanese. He had learned to read and write quite well, much to their surprise, but his vocal speaking of the language was still quite horrible. However, he could now understand much of what was being said around him. To balance out his inability to speak, he carried a notebook and pen, and wrote everything he needed to say.

“You know, I really am excited that the tour starts today. I actually do miss Kyo.” Jayne laughed to Drew. “Yeah, I figured you would. The last guy you punched in the face, ended up your drummer and best friend.” He smirked.

“What are you saying?”

“Carry condoms on tour?”

She laughed and pushed him to the ground right as someone knocked on the door.

“Is that them?” Ray asked hopefully, bouncing excitedly beside Jayne as she looked through the peephole.

“Hmm… I can’t tell.” She grinned, slowly opening the door and letting Toshiya quickly pick Ray up.

“IT IS!” he laughed as the butterflies attacked his stomach while he was swung in a circle.

“It is!” she giggled while letting Shinya squeeze the life out of her, before she was attacked by Die.

To his band’s surprise Kyo was the next to hug her, and he seemed quite happy to see her. “You’re all healed up! What a shame, I liked seeing you bloody.” She smirked. “You look better bleeding too.” He retorted, returning the smirk, “Perhaps I should hit you again.”

“Careful you too, Karou’s giving The Look.” Toshiya warned.

“I can take him,” she smirked.

Dex smiled brightly and held up a sign for the band.

“Congratulations!” Shinya smiled, trying not to laugh at how proud Dex was at his sign that read, “See! I draw Japanese!”

“We came to get you. We’re sharing a bus to the first show, and from there going to fly to our next show. Then we fly home for two days, before flying to the next show.” Kaoru explained.

“All right.” Jayne nodded, frowning when Die and Kyo grabbed her bags for her.

“He’s being very nice to you, you should be happy. This is unlike him.” Shinya explained as he walked with her. “He’s doing it to piss me off. He knows it annoys me, but KYO IS SO CUTE when he’s carrying my things like that.” She smirked.

He growled and opened the door for her, refusing to let her hold it for him.

“Awe, thank you, you cute little man you.” She cooed, following Kaoru to the bus.

“She’s winning.” Drew smirked to Toshiya, who laughed his agreement.

The entire two-hour drive to the venue, Kyo and Jayne were doing little things to annoy each other. He would comment on how pretty she was; she’d call him adorably tiny. He’d mention her being bitchy, she’d respond with “It takes a bitch to label a bitch, Kyo.” Karou was getting the most annoyed with them, commenting on how childish their little game was, but was silenced when Jayne finally won, and kissed Kyo full on the mouth.

The entire bus went silent at that moment, and all jaws were dropped. If they weren’t in shock, the musicians were waiting for all hell to break loose, and Kyo try to kill Jayne.

Mei squeaked and covered Ray’s eyes when Kyo grabbed her and returned the gesture roughly, leaving marks on her arms when he let go.

“Don’t hit him, don’t hit him, please for the love of god Jayne, don’t hit him.” Drew muttered, staring wide eyed as she walked away from him and into the bathroom of the bus, and began brushing her teeth.

“Karou, control your singer!” she ordered, “I’m now infected by his germs!”

“What is she yelling about? I couldn’t understand it.” Dex asked quietly to Mei, but Jayne heard him, answering by screaming “KYO GAVE ME JAPANESE COOTIES!”

“Kyo, you have to be entirely honest, do you see Jayne as anything other than a friend?” Mei asked very seriously.

He just scoffed and leaned back in his seat, ignoring her.

“If you hurt her, in any way at all, I will make your life hell.” She announced darkly as Jayne rejoined them, sitting beside Shinya who looked almost as though he was guarding her.

Kyo and Jayne’s “fight” continued on stage that night as well, when he called her the “American annoyance that fronts our supporting band” on stage. She retorted by throwing a shoe at him, and laughing when he fell off his “Midget Stand” as she called it.

The next show, she called him the “Cutest little singer in all of Japan!” when she introduced Dir en Grey, and he again insulted her when he grabbed the microphone.

Finally, he had had enough by their third show, and walked out after one of their songs to end it. The crowd of course went wild when he walked up beside her, and took the mic, but went silent when he calmly requested it, but then he put the mic on its stand, and pulled Jayne away from it, talking privately with her in front of everyone.

The confusion was so thick in the room, it could physically be felt when she started laughing and pushed him, receiving a playful smirk in response as he jogged off the stage.

“Okay, that was Kyo being weird!” she announced to the fans, “We’ve been playing a game for the whole tour, trying to annoy each other. It’s gotten serious a few times, and Karou-sama has even had to pull us apart, before scolding us like children.”

The crowd seemed surprised, but eager to hear more.

“We’ve made a truce, just now. The game is over… I won.”

“NO! DAMN YOU WOMAN, YOU DID NOT WIN!” Kyo shouted, not meaning to be picked up by Mei’s microphone.

“Oh yeah?” she grinned, purposely speaking into her microphone.

“We agreed that there would be no winner.” He explained, walking out and speaking into Mei’s microphone.

“No winner?”

“No.”

“Kyo?”

“What!?”

“You’re so cute when you’re mad!”

He only growled at her, glaring daggers as the audience watched the band interact.

“KAWII!”

“Woman,”

“What are you going to do, Kyo?” she laughed as he stormed over to her.

“This is not going to end well.” Shinya sighed as he and his band watched the scene. Karou was clearly growing furious with the singers, and Toshiya and Die both looked ready to strangle Kyo. They were just about to walk out onto the stage, when Kyo and Jayne both screamed at each other, giving inhuman sounds of fury as Dex’s guitar and Mei’s bass started playing a tune they had never heard before, and Drew came in with the drums.

“This… was planned?” Robert questioned blankly, letting Carl, who was back for the tour to help him communicate translate to the four Japanese men.

“Kaoru says they didn’t know anything about this song.”

“When did they rehearse together?” Shinya asked finally, receiving a shrug for an answer from Die.

“FUCK YOU!” Jayne screamed in English, receiving the same line in Japanese from Kyo.

They screamed those two words at each other ten times before both screaming the final lines of the new song; “YOU TAKE ME DOWN! BURN ME ALIVE! YOU CUT ME UP! MAKE ME DIE!”

“You are my salvation,” Kyo muttered as the music stopped.

“You are my savior,” Jayne said in the same tone.

“I need you. I hate you.” They whispered together after the lights went off, leaving the stage in darkness as the entire band vacated the audience’s view.

“When the hell did you plan that out?!” Robert demanded, grabbing Jayne by the arm before she could pass him. “We’ve been planning for a while. Since before we kissed.” She laughed.

“After you WHAT? We had an agreement! No relationships like that!!”

“Relax, we don’t even like each other like that.” She sighed, sounding quite bored as Kyo was given a similar lecture by Kaoru, since their manager was busy.

“Then why did you kiss?”

“I kissed him to piss him off. He kissed me, to piss me off. I wasn’t lying about our game. It’s like a sibling rivalry. He told me not to treat him formally. To act like I would if he were just some singer I met at home. So I am!”

“Jayne, you have to be respectful.”

“Hey! I am respectful; did you hear what I called Karou out there? Now chill, Kyo isn’t mad at me. See?” she laughed, watching his entire band surround him with questions until they all joined Akuma and their manager.

“I apologize for all of this.” Karou sighed.

“For?” Jayne giggled, “Kyo and I knew it would make a scene, but we didn’t think it would be so bad. The fans loved it, we had fun, and now they’re beyond ready for YOU to get out there and blow their minds!”

“We’re actually very close friends. It’s just a unique friendship, unlike any other.” She added, earning a smirk from Kyo as he pushed past her to get to the stage.

“If he calls me up there, I will hit him though. I’m done for the night.” She announced to Die, and walked off with her band to take a nap while they celebrated another show well done.

“We’re going out tonight to a club, come with us!” Die shouted, waking her up and causing her to fall off the couch she had adopted as her bed.

“Clubbing?” she questioned, slightly put off by the idea.

“Jayne has never been to a club.” Mei explained, “And she hasn’t really gone drinking since before Ray.”

“I can’t go tonight either. Have fun though!” she smiled, picking her sleeping son up from the little bed they had set up for him, and went to carry him out of the venue.

“Uhm, Jay?” Drew smiled, “Go have fun tonight, you deserve it! I’ll take Ray, he’ll be okay I promise.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, you always stay back, it’s time you get out there and party.” He smiled. She smiled too and nodded, slowly transferring the sleeping child to his arms and stepped back. “Take care of him, Drew, if anything happens call me okay?” she demanded. “Okay, Have fun!” he laughed, and walked away, leaving her, Dex, Mei, and Dir en Grey to go out and party.

Hours into the night, Mei and Toshiya had taken off to dance, her pulling Die after them, who was soon joined by Dex, since he was bored. Jayne wanted nothing to do with dancing, and Kyo didn’t seem too interested either, so the two of them sat together in their corner table, drinking the night away as Karou babysat them to make sure no fights broke out. Even he got bored by their drunken chatter, and left them to join the others before too long though.

“I really don’t know why Toshiya keeps making jokes about how short you are… you do realize I’m shorter than you are, right? Do they realize it?” she asked while lazily leaning against him in their side of the large booth.

“Toshiya… Toshiya is a bastard,” he slurred with a smirk, thinking for the moment he had just given the cleverest of all comebacks, and smirking more when Jayne burst into a fit of laughter, which he soon joined after seeing the near-explicit way Mei and Toshiya were dancing.

“Poor Toshiya, he thinks she’s going to bed with him,” she sighed, “She wouldn’t do that to Michio.”

“And Karou would kill him. We were given a rule… before this started, no dating the women in the new band!”

“We were given the same about you guys!” she nodded before bursting into hearty laughter.

“What?”

“Listen to the song they chose for the couples dance!”

He listened very carefully before joining her laughter at the fact so many romantic scenes were centered around “Mushi”.

“Yet, you look jealous, Jayne-chan.”

She made a small disapproving noise and settled more against him while finishing off her drink.

“What?”

“I haven’t had sex in almost five years.” She laughed, and he couldn’t hold back his own laughter from the shock that someone who looked like that, and had that much talent, had any trouble in that department.

“I don’t believe you.” He said finally.

“Well, I had a kid, first off. You know, it’s hard to get it on, with your son crawling in bed with you because he had a bad dream.”

“Get a babysitter.”

“Never.”

“There’s something else bothering you, isn’t there?” he asked, now becoming serious as she snuggled more into him, sighing in her heavily intoxicated state. “I thought he loved me, he promised nothing would happen and I wouldn’t get hurt. He lied to me, Kyo!” she whimpered, suddenly breaking down and using his shoulder to muffle her cries.

He frowned awkwardly, not expecting their conversation to take such a quick turn, and slowly put his arms around her, trying his best to comfort her. Less than thirty seconds later, Shinya was seated on the other side of her, readily letting her move to his embrace from Kyo’s as she cried.

“I didn’t do anything,” Kyo announced flatly, answering the drummer’s demanding stare.

“Kyo! What the fuck did you do?!” Die demanded as he and the others regrouped at their table.

“Nothing!”

“Damn it, Shinya, what did he do?” Kaoru sighed, looking sadly at the crying woman in his arms.

“I don’t know, she was already crying when I came over to check on them.” He shrugged.

Mei was trying not to laugh, while Dex sat down across from the singers and drummer, and started staring blankly at Jayne. “If she gets drunk enough, she lets everything out and just cries… and cries, and cries, like this.” He explained bluntly.

“F-fuck you, Dexter!” she spat, flipping him off as her tears came to a stop.

“Oh, yeah, because I told them the truth, that you’re fucking human, you get pissed!”

“Guys,” Mei groaned as their fight continued.

Karou tried to stop it, but ended up caught up in the argument as Toshiya joined in defense of his friend. Shinya tried his best to calm the Americans down as their fight began to cause a bit of a scene, but his efforts were in vain as Dex and Jayne nearly came to blows.

Finally Kyo broke up the fight, having enough of watching Karou and Toshiya yell at Jayne and Dex, who were yelling at each other, and insulting both Japanese men, and their band. Before Jayne could hit Toshiya after he mentioned her being unfit to raise a child, he grabbed her by the arm and roughly pushed her into the wall.

“We are going to the hotel.” He announced, turning to Toshiya, “You, never say that again. I have seen her with her son; this has nothing to do with her ability to raise her child.” He spat, and led her from the club to the car that was waiting to take them back to their hotel for the night.

“Did Kyo defend Jayne?” Die asked blankly after another hour of drinking and cooling off.

“They’re special friendsh… it’sh weird…” Dex hiccupped, understanding enough of the slurred Japanese to give an English answer.

“Dex is trying, to say… Jayne and Kyo are friends in a strange, way.” Mei translated.

“An understanding.” Shinya nodded, receiving several nods as a response.

By the time the bands returned to the hotel, it was well past the time their managers requested their arrival. Though, none of them knew, nor did they care. “Hey, Jayne’s not in with Ray!” Dex announced loudly, being hushed by everyone around him, including Drew who was now awake. “Why would she be, Dex? She just got back with you right?” he yawned.

“No, Kyo took her back after the fight.”

“What fight?”

“The fight that almost killed Toshiya.” Mei smirked, leaning all of her weight on Shinya and Die, since she was too drunk to stand up on her own.

“Check her room?”

“No…”

“Go do that.” He yawned and went back to bed with Ray.

Karou went to check on Kyo, to make sure he had gotten to his room safely after so many drinks, and froze in mild confusion, and strong shock. Kyo was half awake, still very intoxicated, holding Jayne as she slept cuddled into his chest. He was humming softly to her and rubbing her back, and falling asleep with his head resting over hers as they lay across his bed.

“Karou! Are you… oh…” Shinya blushed, looking away from the singers quickly after jogging over to ask if his friend was all right.

“Shh,” Karou smirked, and gently returned the door to its closed state before announcing that he had located the missing singer, and that her band had nothing to worry about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, I really need feedback and suggestions! I know this is going to become a romance, but who with I cannot decide!!