Like a Demon

"I am actually a secret ninja,"

Jayne woke up cuddled against Kyo’s bare chest for the second time in a row, but this time it was peaceful instead of being attacked by Mei. She didn’t really want to move, but that light knocking at the door that refused to stop, accompanied with “Mama,” being whined signaled that the time had come to remove herself from his grasp and start her day.

She was just about to open the door when she heard Die’s voice telling Ray to let her sleep, and help him find Kyo. It was obvious that he hadn’t woken up very long ago, as he was yawning through half of his order.
“Good morning, Die.” She giggled as she opened the door, “Kyo is still in bed.” She yawned while taking her son and walking to the kitchen where she could hear Drew and Mei arguing over breakfast.

“As long as you don’t light anything on fire, like Jayne did, we will be all right with whatever you cook. Really.” Toshiya sighed, not realizing that she was behind him until she sighed and Dex started laughing, writing a note that read, “Nice way to wish her good morning!”

Kaoru shortly after announced that they had to start packing, and would just eat on the way to the airport. Everyone, except for Mei and Drew, agreed and left to pack.

“So, you and Kyo.” Mei smirked as she helped her friend grab her bags and carry them to the van that was waiting for them.

“I don’t know.” She answered shortly, and kept walking.

“Oh come on, really?”

“Yes.”

“Don’t lie.”

“Bitch,” Jayne warned as they walked out and joined the other members of their band, and Dir en Grey.

“Don’t ‘bitch’ me, I know you better than you do!” Mei shot back in Japanese, making Jayne growl. She didn’t want anyone from Dir en Grey to know what they were talking about.

“Fuck off.”

“I’m right!”

“You’re shit.”

“You’re in denial.”

“Whatever you want to believe, Mei.”

“So have you,”

“No,”

“Do you want to?”

“No.”

“Lie.”

“Truth.”

“Another lie!”

As their argument continued on like that, Toshiya turned to Drew with a look of pure confusion. “I don’t know either, I’m sorry.” He answered before the bassist could ask him what was being said.

“Are all arguments like this?” Kaoru questioned.

“Only the ones they don’t want us hearing.” He laughed, only laughing harder when Robert slapped both in the head and pushed Mei into the van before pushing Jayne to Kaoru.

“Drew, tell him that they can’t ride together.” He ordered, still keeping his eyes on Jayne.

“He says they are acting like bitches and if they ride together with him, one is going to die.” He nodded.

“I doubt that was his words, but we don’t mind Jayne riding with us.” He nodded and pushed Jayne into their van. After everyone was loaded up, the vans took off. As soon as the tires were rolling Mei leaned out of the window and screamed, “You’re Fucking Him!” as loud as she could.

Die understood her perfectly, as did Shinya, since they were sitting by the open window, and Jayne was right behind them. “I’m going to break her neck!” she growled in Japanese, making Kyo smirk at the death glare she was giving the other van. He didn’t know what was going on, but he did know that Jayne was pissed, and their tour was about to continue on insanity.

“Jayne-chan, where are you going?” Shinya questioned when she started walking away from everyone the moment they got to the airport. “Three bottles of water, Toshiya tickling me, Die encouraging him, and five hours stuck in that car? It’s time to pee, Shinya.” She answered and took off with Mei close behind her.

“Should they be going alone together?” he asked, unsure of what would come from them alone in the bathroom together, if their fight was as bad as he thought it was.

“You want to go with them?” Toshiya smirked, “And they say that I’M the dirty one.”

“That isn’t what I meant, and you know that!” he sighed while Drew tried not to laugh at Toshiya’s victorious smirk.

“I’ll wait here for them, you two go ahead through customs, and take Ray.” Robert ordered after checking his watch, pushing Dex and Drew off and sighing. Whatever was causing the girls’ argument was now threatening their band’s chances of catching their flight on time.

“I’m sorry for being a bitch earlier, Jayne. You know that I care a lot about you, you’re my sister!” Mei sighed as they washed their hands together, and checked their makeup and hair, going about their usual girly routines.

“I know. It’s just… I don’t know what’s going on, and I don’t think they do either, and it’s just a lot of confusion right now.” She sighed, “God, do you know how weird it feels to speak English? It sounds funny to hear myself speak it too!”

“Yeah… you have a slight Japanese accent right now too.” Mei giggled, flipping some water at her friend as they laughed together.

“You know, they do know.” She sighed as they calmed down.

Jayne’s face flushed as she stared at her friend in the mirror.

“Don’t worry, you’re not in trouble! Every girl deserves a gay best friend, it’s just a shame you can’t take him in tour! Don’t worry about band rep, GOOD fans won’t care that the singer is pro-gay-pride.” She beamed and tugged her confused singer out of the bathroom where Robert was waiting by the door, getting ready to go in and drag them out himself.

“Does it take that long for two women to use the bathroom?” Die asked after they finally boarded the plane. Mei and Jayne were the last passengers to board, and nearly missed their flight because they decided to goof off.

“We’re sorry,” they bowed in unison, before bursting into giggles.

“The fight is over!” Dex cheered while giving Drew a high-five, “That didn’t last long.”

“Let’s be thankful for that.” Robert sighed as their flight took off. Almost instantly Ray was asleep, and Jayne wasn’t far behind him. Mei, instead of talking to Michio, ended up drooling on Die’s shoulder while using him for a pillow, and Dex and Drew both ended up cuddling with each other. Since Robert couldn’t understand the hushed conversation between Dir en Grey members, he too fell asleep out of boredom before long.

Just an hour before the plane was supposed to land, Ray woke up pleading for Jayne, who woke up as soon as his cries reached her ears. “It’s all right, she is okay. She’s right there asleep, see? Nothing happened, it was only a dream.” Shinya soothed, unaware that any of his family was awake. Even though all four members of Akuma had the same parental instinct to wake at the sound of his crying.

“What happened, baby?” Jayne asked softly, nodding to Shinya as she got up and took the crying four-year-old from him.

“H-he got you, and there was blood, a-and I couldn’t g-get you!” he hiccupped while she rocked him and kissed his head.

“But I’m right here, you don’t have to worry. Who got me in your dream?” she asked softly.

“The yelling man!”

“Well you don’t have to worry about that ever happening, buddy! No one here will let that happen!” Drew nodded cheerfully, trying to make Ray calm down a bit since he now refused to let go of Jayne.

“Yeah, we’ll beat him up if he tries! I’ll give him a right, and a left, and POW! WHAM! No more yelling man!” Dex beamed, acting out the fight and making Ray giggle a little bit. “Yeah.” He nodded proudly, and sunk back in his seat.

“Times like these, I wish we all spoke the same language so it was easy to understand what they are saying.” Toshiya announced with a laugh as Mei reached over and tickled Ray to make him laugh more.

“And then we’ll tickle him like this, until he gives up and runs away!” she explained dramatically, “And then we’ll call the tickle monster, and he’ll tickle him like this until he gives up and runs away! After that he’ll be afraid to EVER come back!”

“There’s no such thing as a tickle monster!” Ray laughed, making Mei frown slightly because he was starting to grow up.

“Fine then. I have a secret to tell you… I am actually a secret ninja, and will fight him off with Dex until he cries for HIS mommy.” She whispered.

“Are not!”

“Shh! Yes I am, just ask Michio! When we land I will let you call him.” She nodded and returned to her seat.

“What was that about ninjas?” Die questioned as the rest of her band continued to goof off with Ray. She was in the seat beside Robert, who was still asleep, and across the isle from him and Kaoru.

“I’m a secret ninja, and will protect him from ‘the yelling man’.” She smirked, “If he asks you, you better agree or I’ll have to show my ninja skills and beat you.”

“Of course.” He smirked as Ray screamed before bursting into another fit of laughter with Jayne. Robert woke up then, and jumped around to face Ray during his scream along with Mei and every member of Dir en Grey.

“What the hell just happened?!” Robert demanded.

“Dexter scared us!” Ray laughed.

“Bad Dex! Bad!” Mei scolded, throwing one of her chopsticks at him before they were ordered by Robert to settle down and be quiet for the rest of the flight.

As soon as they landed, and the usual Akuma Bathroom and Food Hunt had ended, they once again waited for late transportation, munching on whatever Dex and Drew had found during their search for snacks.

“Mei! Can I call Michio now?” Ray asked hopefully, bouncing excitedly when she dialed and handed him the phone. Since it was a secret that Mei was a ninja, he ran to the farthest corner from everyone else and crouched down as small as he could to talk to Michio. By that time everyone already knew what was going on, and had to pretend that they didn’t notice him at all. To help him out a little, Toshiya pretended to be asleep since his chair was only a few feet from Ray’s hiding place.

“Moshi Moshi?” Michio answered, expecting Mei to reply.

“Michio!” Ray beamed. Michio had to hide his disappointment that it wasn’t Mei, but was still excited to hear from Ray.

“Well hello, Ray! How is the tour?”

“It’s good but I need to ask a question! Is Mei REALLY a ninja?”

Michio was quiet for a while, and Ray started to suspect her of lying until he answered.

“How did you find out? That was supposed to be a secret.”

“She told me.”

“Then she must trust you a lot. Yes she is a ninja, but you can’t tell anyone, okay? It’s still a secret, and no one is supposed to know.”

Ray’s eyes went huge as he looked up from his crouch and focused on Mei. She really WAS a ninja! His aunt Mei was a REAL ninja!

“Thank you, bye!” he said quickly and hung up as Michio started laughing, and ran over to Mei to give her the phone back.

“Are you okay now?” she asked while sitting him on her lap.

“Yes.” He nodded excitedly and cuddled up to her to fall asleep until their transportation arrived.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next one will be better, I promise! Another show, and interview!