Like a Demon

"Love is confusing"

When Dir en Grey returned to their friends to go back to the hotel, they couldn’t have been more confused. Jayne was standing on a chair outside the door to the room they had once been relaxing in, peeking into a small window above the door. Drew had his ear against the crack of the door, listening, and Dex was trying to see through the crack, kneeling on the floor while Drew stood over him. Drew’s parents had been taken to their hotel room already with their son promising to check in when he got there.

“What are you doing?” Shinya questioned.

“SHH!” they hissed in unison.

“Wait, what the hell that doesn’t look right!” Jayne whispered.

“Is she crying?” Drew demanded.

“No, he is.” Dex answered.

“What the fuck, Mei? Why are you… shit!” Jayne gasped, jumping from the chair and falling into Kaoru and Toshiya as Drew and Dex shot away from the door seconds before it opened, and Mei ran out. Jayne darted after her and caught her before she could escape, pinning her to the wall a few feet from Die. Dex and Drew both disappeared into the room with Michio and closed the door.

“Mei, calm down, what happened?” she pleaded as her friend stood sobbing with her back against the wall. Her VK eyeliner was running down her face, and she looked like a complete mess, but the worst part was that it was MEI who was sobbing her heart out. All Kyo, Die, Toshiya, Shinya, or Kaoru could do was watch silently, and it killed them as much as it was killing Jayne.

“He… he asked me to marry him!” she answered eventually.

Shinya gasped quietly, shocked that it had upset her so much when they had seemed so in love. The others just stood in awe silently as Jayne continued to try and pull her friend together.

“So? You two have been in love for years! You live together, you already seem like you are destined to be together for the rest of your lives. Why did you say no?”

“I didn’t! I, I just… no, no! What if he now thinks that I am not in love with him? I panicked and ran! I, Jayne, I did say no! When I left without an answer!”

“No, you didn’t answer. That isn’t a yes, or a no. I know what you’re afraid of, but that isn’t something to worry about. You have your prince, and your castle, all you are missing is happily ever after, and the princess wedding.”

Mei continued to cry as Jayne hugged her tightly, until she felt another hand on her shoulder. “Would you like one of us to speak with him? Man to man, to explain how you feel? It would help him to understand your fears, and that you meant nothing negative by your reaction.” Kaoru offered. She sighed and nodded but didn’t look up at him. The second the door opened they could all hear Michio’s tears; Mei broke down again, sliding down the wall and into the floor.

“I don’t know what I was thinking.” Michio sniffled, trying to keep his tears back and end his crying.

“You were thinking that this is the right thing to do, because you’re in love.” Drew sighed all of Dir en Grey joined them.

“She does love you, Michio-san. She is afraid to take this step, because it’s a big change. She is worried that somehow by changing so much that she could lose you, or that the band will have problems because of it.” Kaoru explained calmly.

“You know Mei, she is afraid of any big changes unless it has to do with her hair.” Toshiya added to lighten the mood.

“She wouldn’t answer me. She started to cry, and said ‘I don’t know’ and then ‘I can’t’, she said she wants to, but then says that she can’t, and I don’t understand!”

“She can, and she does want to, she is just afraid. If it makes you feel any better, she is struggling as much as you are right now.” Shinya nodded.

“I love her more than anything I have ever had. This entire tour I’ve been watching any videos or pictures taken because I can’t stand to be unable to see her. I know I sound crazy, but it’s the truth. She is my world, and I can’t imagine myself with any other woman.”

“She knows that, too.” Dex smiled happily, “Give her some time. She’s scared and thinking.”

No sooner did he speak, did the door open behind Kyo to reveal Mei and Jayne. Mei was still a mess, and staring at Michio with an expression of pure heartache. “We… will see you at the hotel.” Toshiya nodded awkwardly, and led his friends out of the room.

“I think we will join them. Uhm… good luck?” Dex shrugged, more awkward than Toshiya had been. Drew nodded and patted Michio’s shoulder and jogged off after his friend.

“Call me if you need help.” Jayne ordered, and hugged her friend tightly before disappearing as well, leaving only Mei and Michio in the room.

“Die,” Drew hissed as they all walked together for the van to go to the hotel. Die turned his head and looked at the drummer curiously for a moment before continuing to walk, awaiting the reason his attention was needed. “Tonight, Ray will be away all night. They aren’t even staying in the same hotel as we are; Robert arranged this because my mother is a little… strange, I think is the best word. Jun’s parents aren’t ready to be so far into our lives, and it is also safer from Thomas to do it this way, too.”

“I don’t understand what this has to do with us.”

“Die, Jayne DOESN’T have Ray. Tonight, it can be just her, and Kyo.”

“They have time together constantly. What will make this different?”

Drew sighed, hating how stupid tired musicians could be sometimes. “Jayne, and Kyo, alone ALL NIGHT, without the kid to get involved in ANYTHING…”

“I doubt they will be having sex tonight.” Kaoru cut in quietly as they walked.

“And as the energetic ones fall asleep, the serious one becomes a pervert.” He sighed, “I wasn’t hinting at sex, I mean they can deal with this if we give them time. With what happened on that show, her song tonight, Thomas, she is breaking down. She doesn’t want anyone to know but believe me; she is breaking. It won’t be long before she just… breaks.”

Kaoru nodded as they climbed into the vans, and before long every musician was asleep from the overly eventful day.

“I’m sorry, but we are at the hotel now.” The driver announced, waking everyone except Kyo, Jayne, and Die. “Get up, we’re here.” Kaoru ordered, nudging his fellow guitarist until his eyes opened. Die climbed out of the van, bitching about loosing sleep, and went straight to his room.

“Kyo, come on we’re here. We can sleep in beds.” Toshiya yawned, poking his shoulder until his hand was slapped away.

“What time is it?” Jayne groaned, burying her face in Kyo’s chest to block out the van’s light.

“We don’t know what time it is.” Dex laughed, standing beside the door and leaning his weight on Shinya, using his arm for a pillow.

“When do we have the show?”

“Dude, wake the hell up! We already did the show, and are at the hotel!” Drew shouted, really wanting to get into bed and be comfortable.

“Kyo, help us get Jayne into her room. She’s been through a lot today, and with Thomas turning up so often lately, it wouldn’t hurt to be sure she’s safe.” Kaoru suggested. Kyo groaned and slowly started making his way out of the van, pulling Jayne behind him and guiding her towards the doors with everyone else.

“How did you know that would work?” Toshiya questioned.

“Because the other day we were arguing, and he stopped when I mentioned her getting hurt. I believe she is becoming his weakness.” He answered with a smirk, watching Kyo groggily guide Jayne’s half asleep form to the elevators. “How can you watch them so closely, and know what is happening? I always get confused and find something else to do.”

“Love is confusing.”

“Do you like being confused, Kaoru?” Shinya smirked.

“I’m not confused by them, because I don’t care to understand them. I tried before, and it ended in Jayne throwing a roll of toilet paper at me, and Kyo calling me an idiot and storming out of the room.” He chuckled, stepping into the second elevator with them, since the first had filled and left already.

“Toilet paper?”

“Apparently she carries a roll in her purse.” He nodded with a smile.

Once they got to their rooms, it was nearly instant slumber. Since they had the next day off, not one musician left their alarms on, and all planned on sleeping in as late as possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, lame ending, please forgive me. ** What do you think the outcome of Mei and Michio will be? ** I need suggestions!