Like a Demon

"You piss tested positive!"

One month had passed since the tour had ended, and life was far from “normal”. Kyo took Jayne and Ray with him to visit his family for two days before flying with them back to the US. Ray had developed sever separation anxiety and could not be away from Kyo or Jayne, out of fear that Thomas would come back and hurt him or Jayne. Because of that he still slept with Jayne and Kyo, and had become very attached to Kyo, hardly ever leaving his side because he knew that Kyo would be able to protect them. After all, Kyo was the one who saved Jayne and beat up Thomas.

Kyo didn’t really like the setup for sleeping arrangements in Jayne’s home, but dealt with it, knowing that Dex and Drew would have it no other way. That didn’t make him feel any better about them sleeping on the floor in the living room while taking turns sleeping on the couch when he, Jayne, and Ray got the bed.

Ray had nightmares nearly every night about what Thomas did, and spent most of his bedtime routine crying and clinging to either Jayne or Kyo.

Kaoru had taken to calling Jayne and Kyo every day to check on them, and offer any help that they might need, including paying for counseling for Jayne and her son to help them through their recovery from that terrible night.

“You need a test! I’m serious, Jayne, you need to know.” Mei sighed as they walked through the drug store. Jayne had been sick and deep down knew that she was pregnant, but wouldn’t admit it. She was terrified that if she were carrying Thomas’ second child, Kyo would leave her.

“Just buy one. If you are, then we will work it out.” She sighed, grabbing Jayne’s arm and pulling her into the isle to find a pregnancy test.

“I don’t want to know.”

“Then do it for Kyo. He is worried about you and thinks that you could be dying. At least give him something to help him relax!”

“Won’t he get upset though if I’m pregnant with someone else’s baby?”

“Dude, you two fucked before Thomas did what he did. There is a bigger chance that your baby is half Japanese.” Mei laughed and grabbed a test. To her shock Jayne grabbed six more different tests.

“I just want to be sure.” She sighed, making Mei laugh while they paid for the tests.

While Jayne sat on the edge of the tub waiting for the tests to decide their answer, she decided to call Kaoru, not wanting to be alone right now. As soon as he answered, he knew that something wasn’t right.

“I’m fine.” She laughed, sighing.

“Where is Kyo?”

“He took Ray out with Dex and Drew, and Michio for a boy’s night… I think he wanted to give me some time to rest because I’ve been sick and they were all loud.”

“I see. What happened?”

“Nothing happened. I just got some tests, and I don’t want to be alone when I get their results.”

“What kind of tests?” he asked. She could hear him setting things down and the creak of his bed as he took a seat.

“Pregnancy tests.” She answered after a long pause.

“Well, you have had the signs… what do you want to do if you are?”

“I don’t know. I want to have KYO’S baby… I don’t think I can handle having Thomas’… after he… Kaoru,” she struggled, breaking into sobs.

Kaoru rested his head in his hand as he listened to her cry. There wasn’t much that he could do to help her, and couldn’t think of words to comfort her. All he could do was be there for her, but even that didn’t seem like much anymore.

“But Jayne, what if you are carrying Kyo’s child?” he asked, finally finding an answer for her, “He will be very happy! And won’t you? To be the mother of his child?”

“But what if this isn’t his baby?”

“Then he will take him, and love him as his own, and as he loves Ray, because they are a part of you, and he loves you more than anything. Jayne-chan, I have never seen him like this with any other woman. You have nothing to fear.”

“Deep down I know… but I am still afraid to tell him.”

“That is understandable.”

“JAYNE! I’M BACK!” Mei shouted through the house after walking through the back door.

“Would you like to stay on the phone, or should I call later?” Kaoru asked with a smile, hearing as Mei crashed into the room to sit beside Jayne.

“I will call you back.” She smiled and said goodbye, hanging up just as the timer went off.

“Well?” she asked quietly, looking at the floor as Mei picked up the tests and read them.

“Well… negative,” she read, making her friend sigh in relief, “And positive, positive, positive, another positive… Jayne… you’re going to be a mommy…. Again.” She sighed, putting the pregnancy sticks into a small shoebox for her to keep. She figured she would want to keep them to show Kyo, incase he didn’t believe her.

“But one was negative!”

“They’re not all 100% accurate… the fact that five of six says yes should be enough, you have a baby in there. You piss tested positive!”

“Let’s go get more tests. Just in case some of them were wrong.”

“Only because I went through this before, and I know if I don’t go with you you’ll go by yourself and buy way, way more than you need.” She sighed and hid the box before driving Jayne to three different stores, to get as many different tests as they could find.

When the boys came back from their outing they found Mei on the couch talking to Kaoru, who was saying something about “this being potentially dangerous to the band”, which caught Kyo’s attention full force.

“What could be a danger to the band?” he demanded.

“Nothing, Kyo, go talk to Jayne. She needs to talk to you.” She answered shortly, and left the room. That worried him more than something being dangerous to the band, and he quickly went to their bedroom, opening the door to find her sitting on the bed with some of Ray’s old baby things around her.

“Jayne-chan,” he called softly, pulling her out of her daze as he closed the door, “Are you all right?”

“Kyo, did you mean what you said in the hospital, about wanting to stay with me even if I was pregnant?” she asked quietly.

His heart’s rhythm skipped as he sat down beside her on the bed. “Are you sure that you are? The test wasn’t just flawed?” he asked quickly.

“Yes. I’m sure.” She sighed, taking the lid off of the shoebox beside her to show a full box of tests, only two showed negative, and they were the same brand. “I talked to Kaoru, he is willing to book you a flight if you want to go home. This isn’t my first time through this; I will be able to take care of him with the band like I did Ray.”

He sat quietly, staring somewhat in awe at the box that sat in his lap, taking a few tests out and examining the positive readings and putting them back in before looking up at her. “I meant what I said before. This could be MY child; that is a reason to stay. But I love YOU as well, and that is an even bigger reason for staying.” He explained, though he seemed distant and uncomfortable.

She didn’t blame him; she was distant and uncomfortable too. There was a baby inside her, and neither of them knew if it was his. It could be Ray’s full-blooded baby brother. On the other hand, she knew that in his own, odd way he was trying to comfort her. Even if he had no idea what he was doing.

After ten minutes of silence, Dex came knocking on the door before opening without waiting for an answer. “Dudes,” he announced in English, “The Tochikura’s are here. Mei told them what’s going on, and well, they want to see you Jayne.”

“Fantastic,” she sighed, and stood up to leave the room. Closely followed by Kyo who still absentmindedly carried a box of pregnancy tests.

“Did you touch those?” Michio asked, making Mei giggle.

“I wanted to see how many are positive. Only two say negative.” He explained, not so sure what the big deal was.

“You do know how they work, don’t you? She has to pee on them. That means you have her pee on your hand.”

Kyo’s expression changed to one that Jayne couldn’t read, but it still made her giggle as he set the box on the table and went to wash his hands.

While he washed his hands she went to sit at the kitchen table and talk with Mr. And Mrs. Tochikura abut things. Going over how she was going to support a second child, and the band, and her relationship with Kyo, who would need to go back to Japan for his band as well.

“Will you be able to raise a second child, while working with your band, and keeping a relationship with Kyo?” Mr. Tochikura questioned.

“The same way I took care of Ray, and kept up with the band.”

“You went on a one year break. Can you afford this break now that you are gaining success?”

“Who knows… but the baby is the important part. If taking good care of my child means no longer being the singer of my band, then I will have to step aside for the new voice of Akuma. As for my relationship with Kyo… we will figure that out as it goes.” She sighed.

“We will take care of you, as well.” Mrs. Tochikura nodded calmly.

“Thank you… I have a feeling this one will have a lot more Japanese tradition to it than Ray did.” She laughed with a sigh, “I have no idea what I am going to do.”

“Don’t worry about that. We know quite a lot about Japanese traditions.” Michio smirked as he walked through the kitchen to get some juice for Ray, “In fact, I would even say that we are experts.” He winked.

“Don’t be boastful.” His mother scorned, making Jayne bite back her giggles.

“I wasn’t boasting, I was trying to lighten the mood.” He defended and walked back to the living room, stopping in the doorway to turn and grin at Jayne, “Congratulations.” He winked and fled. He knew that with his parents there she would never do the things she would have at any other time, but he wanted to run away nonetheless.

It was past one in the morning when Jayne and Kyo finally got to lay down for sleep. Mr. And Mrs. Tochikura left around ten, but Michio, Mei, Dex and Drew stayed the night. Ray had fallen asleep on the couch with Michio and was left there by everyone else to rest until slowly one by one the others fell asleep as well.

“When do you plan on telling Ray?” Kyo questioned, pulling her back closer to his chest and resting his hand over her stomach.

“I don’t know how.”

“This is going to change his life as much as it changes ours. Possibly more.”

“I know. This is just a lot for me to take.”

“Yes, but I have decided that even if he isn’t biologically mine, he will be my son. As long as you agree, of course… you will not have to do this alone.”

Jayne smiled at his words, and smiled wider as he began rubbing his hand over her still-flat stomach, clearly imagining the small life inside her as she imagined what it would look like to see him holding their son.

With that thought, other less comforting thoughts came to her mind. Would they get married? Would Ray have a father as well, or would this baby become the center of Kyo’s attention? Could she love both children the same? How could she possibly love this baby as much as she loves Ray? Would Ray even like having a brother, or would he hate this child with all of his heart?

“I think Die is excited.” Kyo smirked, bringing her out of her thoughts, “not as excited as Shinya or Kaoru.”

“What about Toshiya?”

“I couldn’t tell… he started laughing, and then stopped and began to ask a lot of questions, and then laughed some more. I think he is very worried.”

“What about you?” she asked. Though she was smiling, he could still hear a hint of worry.

“I’m very excited, and also very scared.” He laughed lowly.

“Don’t be scared. I’ve done this before, and if I could survive Ray, you can survive this one. Because not only do you have me to help you, you have my band, the Tochikura family, your family, and your band.” She yawned.

“That isn’t what worries me. I am afraid of losing you.” He confessed, “What if I am not a good father? The band always comes first… I am afraid you will leave to find a better father for him.”

“I can’t think of any.” She smiled thoughtfully.

He laughed slightly and pulled her even closer, burying his face in her hair and kissing her neck, making her but her lip to keep from moaning. He was too good at finding her weak points.

“I’m going to miss that.” She sighed when he was done kissing her, and went back to just holding her against him.

“What do you mean?”

“When you go back to Japan, I’m going to miss the way you hold me like this.”

“Get some sleep… I don’t want to think about that right now.” He laughed, “I want to think about you, and our son.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Right, sorry this took so long. I have actually never stopped writing it, but it was all in a notebook that temporarily went missing. Here it is! So yeah! Let me know what ya think!