Status: Finished!

Hopefully It's Forever

Our secret affair

Once Greg left I just continued to watch TV until Sunday night. I was sweeping the floor when I heard the door bell ring. I put the broom next to the wall and opened the door.

The first face I saw was Darren's, his smile gleamed and looked deep into my eyes. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't pull my gaze away from him.

"Momma"

I finally had enough strength to look down at my daughter. I smiled at her and squeezed her to my chest. She giggled "Miss you too momma"

I wanted to talk to Darren alone so I told Senna to bid her father goodbye. Once they hugged and Senna pecked him on the cheek, she ran inside.

I closer the door behind me and crossed my arms. "How was your weekend?"

He cocked an eyebrow "It went well, Senna was an angel"

My brown eyes scanned around Darren and his car. "Sophie is not with me. Didn't want you to claw her eyes out" he chuckled to himself.

My heart twisted at her name, it made my blood boil how he still has a hold on me after all these years. He smirked and stepped closer to me, my breath hitched and stepped back.

"Still have feelings for me?"

My eyes snapped up to his and widened for a second before they narrowed menacingly. "Hell no"

Darren pinned me to the door and I smelled his sweet scent of leather and cologne surrounding me. My knees buckled at the close proximity and he leaned in forward.

His hands slid down my body and stopped at my waist. I trembled under his touch. "If you still have feelings for me, I would drop Sophie in a heartbeat" he whispered in my ear.

My eyes widened at the confession he made to me. Would he actually do that for me? Or is he pulling me chain like all those years ago? I stayed silent still thinking over what he just said.

"Don't you think we should give it another shot? For Senna. So she can finally have the family she always wanted."

I can't believe he pulled the Senna card on me. Darren pulled back and stroked my cheek. "You have Sophie. Go back to her"

His eyes glossed over "What if I don't want her?"

My heart continued to pound in my chest just wanting to burst out. This is exactly why I didn't want Travis to be involved. I'm a complete and utter mess.

"Your getting married to her, not me. I don't want you to break up because of me" I gasped at his cold hand on my hipbone as he softly stroked it. His lips hovered over mine in a tingling sensation

"She doesn't have to know" I swallowed the lump in my throat and licked my dry lips. Be the other woman? Do I really want to become something I despise? For him to be with Sophie and have me on the side?

My heart kept telling me not to do it and it's not worth it. But my mind tells me it wouldn't hurt to give it a test drive. My hands shot up to his shirt and pulled it closer to me, closing the gap between Darren and I.

It felt so right to be with him again. The familiar taste of his mouth sent my mind into over drive and it heighten my senses. He pulled me closer and moaned into my mouth. We pulled apart and he kissed my neck and whispered my name.

"I love you"

Tears overflowed my eyes and trickled down my face. I cupped his face and looked at him straight in the eyes. "I love you too"

Wondering how this is ever going to work, I have no idea. Darren and I discussed how I could still have an open relationship with him so no one would suspect some thing's up. I agreed to the plan and kissed him again.

What I didn't see was the evil smirk he had when he walked away.

----

The next day I dropped Senna off at school and drove to work. I walked in the bakery to see Travis sitting at one of the tables. I tried to quickly walk to the back but he caught me and spun me around.

"Rayne. How are you?"

I forced a smile "Good and you?"

"Good. Listen. I was wondering if you and Senna would like to hang out my compound later on today since I remember you telling me Senna has no school for three days"

I nodded and cleared my throat "Yeah. She does. But I don't know if Darren would want to take her one of those days"

Travis gave me a confused look at content pitch in my voice. " Are you okay? You sound happy about Darren"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes "No way. I just want him to spend time with his daughter. Besides Senna loved the weekend she spent with him"

"Oh" he let out a tight smile and scratched the back of his head. He patted my shoulder awkwardly and bit his lip. It broke my heart to see how hard he's trying to keep his feelings in.

"Travis" his eyes met mine with a glint of hope. "I don't like you anymore. It was just a tiny crush and I think we shouldn't be so close if this is going to keep on happening. I'm sorry"

I gave him a quick hug but he captured me in his arms and held me close. "I respect your decision but do one thing for me"

I nodded into his chest and inhaled his scent, saying those awful words hurt me more than I can imagine. What is it with men holding me making me feel safe and secure.

"Don't go back to Darren. Ever."

My heart stopped for a second and I stood there frozen. I can't make that promise when I'm already seeing him. It would devastate Travis if he found out that I just started to see Darren behind closed doors.

"Rayne?"

I blinked and he repeated his question. "Of course." I chocked out.

A tear slid down my cheek at my lie. What is wrong with me? I'm crying all the time and deceiving Travis. I gently pushed Travis away and he looked down at me.

His thumb wiped a tear away from my face and my body started to heat up and the pit of my stomach started to tightened.

"I gotta go. It was nice seeing you" I whipped around and scurried to the back. I put a hand over my heart to slow my erratic heartbeat.

"What was that?"

I looked towards Sasha and she had her hands on her hips. I shook my head and tied my apron on. "It was nothing"

Sasha scoffed "Didn't look like nothing" I slammed my hands on the table.

"Just drop it okay?" I hissed.

She looked at me in shock and mumbled "Okay. Geez. Don't need to bite my head off"

Did I make the right choice by pushing Travis away and moving closer to Darren. I bit my lip in concentration, all I know is that the pain I'm feeling right now is indescribable and I don't now how to stop it.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow you guys are awesome my reader went from 28 to 50 in about a week! You guys are the greatest. Don't hate me for making Rayne give in to her temptation. I was running out of ideas and I thought it would fit since she still loves him. But please do share your opinions to me about the whole situation on Darren, Rayne, and Travis. :)