Status: Finished!

Hopefully It's Forever

I love you

Walking with Senna in tow, stepped on the front porch, ringing the doorbell. Senna bouncing in place, grinning like a hyena until she saw her best friend looking down at her.

"Pastrami!" she yelled, clinging to his leg.

Travis laughed, ruffling her hair "Great to see you too" he nodded in my direction and I gave him half a smile.

"Thank you for volunteering to babysit Senna for me. I don't know what I would have done since my boss called me last minute demanding me to go to work on my day off since they are short one hand" with a solemn face.

He nodded once again, giving me that boyish smile "No problem. I love Sen to death, anytime you want me to look after her, I will"

The warmth in the pit of my stomach grew a bit warmer, my heart melted at his compassion towards Senna and me. Once I kissed Senna goodbye and gave Travis a hug, I left seeing Senna dragging Travis inside the house.

Arriving at work, I saw that my blond headed best friend wasn't here. I worked on the orders that were set out for me on my own. It was always hard work in this bakery have so many orders coming in day by day.

Looking to see that the first order was a wedding cake that needs to be done in two days, I stomped my foot in a childish manner seeing that the bride ordered this about two weeks ago and no one worked on it.

Pushing my frustration aside, I started on making the wedding cake that the bride wanted. A blur of blond bolted through the door, huffing "I'm here!" pushing blond strands of hair behind her ear.

Sasha grinned when she saw me "Mr. Patterson called you in too huh? I can't believe you actually beat me here! It's usually the other way around" she pouted.

It was my turn to grin as I waved the batter covered spoon in the air "That's because I am more amazing than you are" I laughed and she soon joined in. Sasha came to my side helping me with the wedding cake.

"Mr. Patterson needs to hire more workers, this is ridiculous having only us and a couple other people working in the back"

Someone cleared their throat, Sasha yelped in surprise as we both turned around to see Mr. Patterson giving Sasha the evil eye. She laughed nervously as she innocently waved at him, he raise a brow.

"Never knew you felt that way, Sasha. Now you can stop complaining because I hired someone new today" he opened the door and called over someone. Walking through the door, a girl with black hair passing her shoulders, with hazel eyes piercing us.

My eyes widened at the woman standing before us "Rayne, Sasha, meet Sophie. She's the new baker that I hired." patting her shoulder and she smiled sweetly at us.

I almost choked at the sweet gesture as I wanted to hurl. My heart dropped seeing that demon of a woman in the place where I work. She extended her hand to Sasha as she smiled brightly at the new baker not knowing that this is the Sophie, Darren is suppose to marry.

Then her hazel eyes locked onto my figure, opening her arms "Rayne!" she hugged me as she ranted how it was great to have a friend at the same job as her. I forced a smile at the younger girl, Sasha eyes bulged out.

"You two know each other?"

Sophie nodded vigorously "Yep, Darren introduced me to her, since I'm getting married to him in about two months" she gleamed.

I never thought Sasha's eyes could getting any wider, but they did. She gave me a look of astonishment and had a fake smile plastered on her face. "That's so sweet. So why are you working here?"

I nudged Sasha as she winced at the amount of force I elbowed her side. Sophie just ignored her comment "Oh, I just wanted to make extra money for the wedding. I wanted to pay for my own wedding dress or at least some of it"

Sasha and I looked at each other and looked back at the stupid black headed woman that was standing before us. "Why would you start so late then? Doesn't Darren have enough money to afford the wedding that you want? He's a successful business man, that his company is now booming." I explained to her.

She just explained that she didn't want to feel guilty having him spend so much money and her not spending a dime since she hasn't worked a day in her life. She wanted to be a house wife and have kids some day.

I prayed that the day would pass by quickly as the three of us, worked on the wedding cake. After our hours were done and Sasha left signaling me to call her, I was left alone with Sophie. Walking quickly outside to my car so I can get to my daughter quicker, Sophie had other plans since she caught up to me in no time.

"Rayne, I wanted to ask you a couple of questions if you don't mind?" her big eyes looking straight at me. Folding my arms together to help me shelter through the cold, I nodded at her to continue.

"Would you and Senna please attend to our wedding in a couple of months?" I looked up at the woman, perplexed as to why she would want me there.

Voicing my opinion I asked "Why would you want us there? I'm Darren's ex and Senna is his daughter. Wouldn't that just make a bigger scene"

She shook her head and playfully pushed my shoulder "No silly! You can bring a date and I want Senna there because she is Darren's daughter and I want her to be a part of the big day. So....... What do you say?" she asked cautiously.

Debating on whether or not I should go, I kicked my self when I nodded. She squealed in excitement, hugging me, thanking me profusely. When she got in her car and drove away, all I could do is slap myself for being an idiot for the second time this week.

----------------------

Getting out of my car, seeing that Travis' and some other cars were still on the driveway. I walked up knocking on the door, waiting for someone to open it. I saw Debbie open the door, her face glowed at the sight of me.

"Rayne! Sweetheart, it's so good to see you" she embraced me in a hug. I smiled graciously at the older woman as she lead me out the back.

"Where's Senna?" I asked, looking around to see no nine year old running around. Debbie sat down and I joined her "Travis is taking her around on the dirt bike so they won't be here for a while"

Suddenly I felt a warm hand covering my left one "Are you alright Rayne? You look so tired and worn out?" concern filled her voice.

I laughed "Yeah. I'm fine, having a child can wear you out but I wouldn't trade her for the world" Debbie agreed as we heard the door sliding open to reveal Robert. My body tensed at the sight of the man, remembering what I heard last time.

"How are you Robert?" I asked with a shaky voice.

He sat right across from Debbie and I as he shrugged his shoulders. Seeing that blank look on his face he leaned closer with his arms on his legs. "I know you heard what I said when I first met you and I wanted to apologize for what I said. It wasn't in my place to say those things because everything that happens in our lives, happens for a reason. It wasn't in my place to judge and I'm sorry"

Hardly believing hearing Robert say those words come from his mouth was unbelievable as he smiled at me sympathetically. I accepted his apology as he gloated about my daughter. "Senna is a wonderful girl, very bright. I can see she will go far in her lifetime"

We talked for a bit while longer as we saw Travis and Senna riding up. Taking off her helmet she ran towards me "Travis bought this for me!" she twirled in her new gear, my eyes widened at the clothing.

I stood up, walking towards Travis "I will pay you back-"

"Don't worry about it. It was my pleasure" he interrupted me. "Seeing a smile on that little girl's face was worth every penny"

I smiled in content as he looked at Senna with such love, it blew me away. Debbie and Robert took Senna inside seeing me and Travis standing awkwardly at each other, not knowing what to say.

Travis laced his fingers with mine pulling me towards the shed to put the bike away. Taking off the gear, I looked around to see numerous of motor bikes and other vehicles in the shed. Turning back towards Travis, I bumped into him seeing how close he was to me.

His wild curls matted down from the helmet he wore and him towering over me, made my heart pound even more. Putting a hand on my waist, stroking the skin on my hip as I shivered. Locking eyes with Travis as he muttered "Why do you do this do me?"

I gave him a puzzled look "What are you talking about?" my voiced laced with confusion.

His light brown eyes darkened with love and lust, looking deep into my soul like no one has ever done before, looking at my lips and gazing back into my eyes. "You have this effect on me that makes me want to take away your troubles. All I want to see you do is smile and not have a worry in the world. I know what I said a few days ago about the boundaries but I say screw it. All I want is you right now" he said in a husky voice.

My breath hitched as his hand trailed up my side, my body trembled under his seductive touch. Grabbing a fist full of curl, I pulled him towards my lips, once they connected. I couldn't control my emotions that were swirling through my body, clothes taken off one by one.

The one thing that made my heart race even more is when I heard those words "I love you, Rayne"
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I updated once again. lol I was bored and I thought I could update my stories as soon as possible before I jump on that plane to Portugal. :) With many hours to spare, on to the next story! Please comment and subscribe, there are so many people who read this yet no one comments! I feel like you people don't like it. XD Just a couple of words will wash my doubts away. Merry Christmas everyone or Happy Holidays to those who don't celebrate Christmas.