Status: whadda think? :)

Foolproof

Epilogue

A week has gone by; Mallory could not sleep anymore than 4 hours. She tried to occupy herself by reading books after books that she had not gotten the chance to read. She went out and bought more books, mysterious ones, crimes, scary ones… anything but romance.

Her mother entered her room. “Sweetie?”

“Yeah?” she replied putting the book down.

“I have an idea.”

“Mom, I’m not seeing a therapist,” she said annoyed.

“That was your grandfather’s idea, by the way, but I have something better,” she smiled as she went over and sat on her daughter’s bed. She wrapped her arms around and Mallory laid her head on her mother’s shoulder.

“What?”

“You should leave for a while. Go out and visit your family. You have your great-grandmother who lives in Miami. Your uncle Harry lives in England with his second wife who’s pregnant. You’re other uncle, on your father’s side, just moved to France. He got a promotion, I think. And there are also your twin cousins in Australia; you haven’t seen them in years. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind you crash there for a bit. You can learn to surf,” she chuckled. “You can help your aunt, my sister, in China at the orphanage if you want. I can give her a call and she’d be glad to take you in. Anything, anyone, anywhere, just go.”

“Really?”

“You’re miserable here, baby girl,” her voice broke. It broke Mallory’s heart to see her mother sad.

“But mama, are you sure?”

She nodded, “Just promise me one little thing,” she looked at her beautiful all-grown-up daughter.

“What?”

“Instead of finding new love, go find yourself. It’s important you know who you are because you can decided what to do with all this that’s troubling you. Go find yourself and come back with happiness. Promise me?”

Mallory thought her mother was asking the impossible.

“Nothing is impossible if you just believe,” said her mother when she was 8 years old trying to score at a soccer game but was having a hard time getting the ball in the net.

Mallory smiled and hugged her mother. “I promise,” she whispered.

“I bought your ticket to Miami. Your great-grandmother will be expecting you in four days.”
♠ ♠ ♠
short, but it's an epilogue haha
SEQUEL is down because, let's be honest, it sucks (i think so)
so no sequel... MAYBE i'll bring it back... i don't know
i have lots of shit going on.
but thank you for reading this! :)