Status: Comment & Subscribe!! =]

Starting Over

Big News Part 1

When I woke up, my mom and dad were there. This time I could actually feel everything, and now that I could, it didn’t feel so great. My mother ran up to me and embraced me into a tight hug. My dad stood emotionless behind her. “Oh. Sweetie, I am so glad you are okay! I don’t know what I could have done if Darrien wasn’t there to save you.” my mother gushed.
I hated when my mom got all dramatic. Unlike my father, who only showed two emotions, love and hate. He shows his love towards me and my mother, and he shows his hate to Darrien. My father has always had something with me dating boys of a different race. Darrien is white, and I am black. Luckily, Darrien isn’t mean, so my dad approves of Darrien.
Just then, the nurse came in. “Hello, Cassidy. Dr. Brown and I have to run some tests on you and Darrien. It’ll only take a few minutes.” she said in a deep country accent.
“Um…why do I have to take tests?” Darrien asked, confused. I was kind of wondering the same thing myself.
“Just to make sure.” she said calmly. “Now if you would just follow me this way.” she finished, walking towards the door. My parents started to get up after me. “It’s okay. You two can sit here and they will be right back.” They both sat down, event though I could clearly tell that my mother wanted to come with me.
The tests only took Darrien a few minutes. It took me forever. And while I took the tests, I learned so much about my nurse, Sheryl. Most of which was irrelevant and way too personal. “And that’s why I have 11 toes instead of 10.” Sheryl said, finishing one of her many rants. “Okay all done.” she said. I breathed a sigh of relief. On my way back to the room, all I could think of was how awkward it must be for Darrien to sit there with my parents.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & Subscribe. i would greatly appreciate it =]