Status: Comment & Subscribe!! =]

Starting Over

Reunited

When I pulled up to the house, Kristen’s car was in the driveway. She ran outside and to the car. “Hey girl.” she said.
“Hey Kristen.”
Easily detecting something was wrong, she asked, “What’s wrong?”
“Darrien was cheating on me and I broke up with him. Let’s go inside.”
After we got inside and to my room, she said, “That can’t be true. Did you see him?”
“Yeah and the girl tried to fight me too.” I said.
She gave me a hug. “Aww Cassidy. I’m sorry.” she said.
“Don’t be.” I said.
She pulled away. “What else is wrong?”
“I’m…in…in an arranged marriage.” I said, trying to top it off with a lopsided grin.
“OMG with who?” Kristen asked excitedly.
“A boy named Trevor.” I said. “He’s rich with dark hair and light brown eyes. He’s really cute.”
“But do you like him?”
“I don’t know. I only met him last and he was nice. He called me Cass.” I answered.
“Does Darrien know?”
“No he doesn’t, but he deserves to.”
“Does Trevor know about the baby?” she asked.
“No. I don’t know how to tell him.” I answered. Just then, the doorbell rang.
“Oh, hey Trevor.” my mom said as she answered the door. “I wasn’t expecting you. Cassidy’s in her room. It’s okay you don’t have to knock.” I rolled my eyes. I heard Trevor walk up the steps and he tapped the door before coming in. Kristen was smiling. I could tell she was excited.
“Hey Cass.” Trevor said, giving me a hug.
“Hey, Trevor.” I said. “This is my friend Kristen.”
“Hey Kristen.” he said, giving her a half wave.
“Hey.” she said. There was a silence. Awkwardly, the silence wasn’t awkward.
“Your mom asked me to take you to Bruster’s.” Trevor said, breaking the silence. “You can come too Kristen.”
“No, it’s fine. I have to go home and do my homework anyway. Call me later Cassidy.” she said.
“Okay. Bye.” I said.