Status: Comment & Subscribe!! =]

Starting Over

Questions

“Does she know?” Trevor asked when Kristen left.
“About what?” I asked.
“About us?”
“Yeah, she knows.”
“Is she going to tell?” he asked.
“She wouldn’t tell anyone. She’s my best friend. But my mom on the other hand…” I said smiling.
He smiled back. “You want to play a game?” he asked.
“Sure. What’s it called?”
“20 questions. Where we ask each other questions and we have to tell the truth no matter what. Can I trust you with that?” he asked.
“Of course you can.” I assured him.
*©*
“Question four.” I started. Trevor and I were on our way to Bruster‘s. “What is your favorite type of pizza?”
“Cheese.” he said. “Question five. What is your favorite type of ice cream?” he asked, as we pulled up at Bruster’s.
“From here?” I asked.
“From anywhere.”
“My favorite type of ice cream is Cotton Candy Explosion. Which is from here.” I answered him, smiling.
“Question six. What was the last time you went to Chuck E. Cheese and why?”
“The last time I went to Chuck E. Cheese was last Christmas. And I was taking my 2-year-old cousin as a Christmas gift.”
“That’s really nice.” I said. We got out of the car and went to the cashier window.
“This question doesn’t count, but what do you want from here?” Trevor asked. “I’ll pay.”
“Okay. I want Cotton Candy Explosion, single scoop, cake cone.” I said. He looked at me like he knew I didn’t really want that. “Okay,” I sighed, finally giving up. “double scoop, waffle cone.”
“Can I get two Cotton Candy Explosions, Double Scoop, waffle cone? Can you but sprinkles on one of those?” he asked the cashier. He paid for the ice cream and gave me the one with sprinkles. I told him that I liked sprinkles on the way here, but he never asked me. I thought he would have forgotten.
“Thank you.” I said.
“You’re welcome.” We sat down at one of the tables and we ate the ice cream and asked questions. When we were done with the ice cream it was my turn.
“Question 18. How do you feel about babies?” I asked him.
“Well,” he started. “I think pictures of babies are cute. I think taking care of other people’s babies is a pain. And I think our babies will be adorable.” he answered.
“Very truthful.” I said. “Your turn.”
“Question 19. Did you break up with Darrien? How or why not?” he asked.
“Yes. And it was easy, because he was cheating on me anyway.” I said.
“And you aren’t upset?” he asked confused.
“I was, but you took my mind off of it. So I’m good now.” I answered. “Question 20. What are you hiding from me? At least three things.”
“Wow. Um. First thing…we have to move in by the end of the summer says my mother. Second thing…we can’t go to this school, because for some reason we get to choose any place in the US. And third…my mom is paying for us to go to private school anyway. She insisted.” We got up and went to the car. Once we pulled off and I didn’t say anything, Trevor said. “Where to?”
“Home is fine.” I said.
“Your’s or mine?”
“Your house.”
*©*
We got to his house pretty quick. It was huge. He had a swimming pool, a Jacuzzi, a wrap around porch, two gardens, a pond, and it was at least four stories tall. To top it all off there was a iron gate wrapping around the yard. “Nice house.” I said.
“Thank you. My mom is in to all that Victorian stuff. I don’t know why.” He said.
He parked in the huge driveway that went up to his house. When we got inside, there was a boy and a girl coming towards us. The boy looked about 14 and the girl looked 11.
“Hi,” the girl said. “my name is Estephanie, but you can call me Stephanie.”
“I’m Spencer.” said the boy. They both walked upstairs. Trevor grabbed my hand.
“Do you mind?” he asked. I answered him by intertwining my fingers with his. We went to his room, which was on the fifth floor. It was Redskins decorated.
“I like your room.” I said.
“Really? A lot of people don’t like the Redskins.” he said, sounding kind of shocked.
“I love the Redskins and the Steelers. I can‘t stand the Cowboys.”
“I could kiss you right now.” he said.
I didn’t respond, but I felt myself leaning in as he did the same.
Just then Margaret walked into the room.
“Oh, hello Cassidy. I didn’t know you were here.” she said. “Well since I have you, we are going to go house shopping in three weeks. Starting with California, but you can look online now if you like.” she said.
“Okay.” I said. Just then, my phone rang.
When I was off the phone I said. “Trevor, my mom wants me to come home. She said you can come too.”
Trevor took me home, and I was surprised to see my dad’s car in the driveway.