In Time, I'll be Alright...

Darkness Will Turn to Light. In Time, I'll be Alright.

"Jesus, I leave for ten months and I come home to red hair? What the hell, Zee?"

Zacky's head shot up to look at the gorgeous girl that left California with his heart. He smiled and got up from his spot on the couch and cross the room to engulf her in a giant hug. For a second, he questioned why no one else was getting up to greet her in the way he had.

Of course, Matt, Johnny and Brian had already knew that Harper was back home, hopefully this time to stay.

Harper had this problem of staying in one place for too long. She always came home to California, but she'd be gone as soon as came. She was a gypsy, in her own kind of way.

"Fuck, Harper, black again? I thought you looked pretty with just brown hair," Zacky mumbled, against her shoulder, still embracing her in a tight hug.

She giggled, twirling her fingers in his short, bright red hair. "I can't believe you dyed it red. I thought you promised me you were going to dye it blue again..."

Matt smiled, and motioned for Johnny and Brian to follow him out to the kitchen. He knew that Zacky was finally going to ask her out. Well, he didn't know, but he had a strong feeling. Brian nodded and drug Johnny out, the three of them whispering and giggling like school girls out to Brian's kitchen.

Zacky's lips brushed across Harper's neck, and she smiled contently. Harper understood why Zacky never asked her out. It was because he was so afraid of spilling his heart out to her and then having her pack up and leave. He didn't want to deal with her leaving again.

"Hey, Zack, I'm here to stay," she whispered, still playing with his hair. He pulled away and looked her in the eyes. His beautiful, green eyes sparkled and he smiled.

"Really? You're not going to leave?"

She shook her head, and leaned into Zacky's chest. He rested his chin on the top of her head.

"Look, vampires can tan," he joked, playing with the Avenged Sevenfold wrist band. She had a tan line where it normally rested on her right wrist.

"Shut up," she replied, burying her face in his chest.

They stood there for a few more minutes, in silence, just taking in each others' presence.

"Harp, why'd you leave?" he asked, quietly.

She sighed, and cuddled into his chest more. "Well, Jimmy died, and everyone was so upset. I didn't know what to do without my best friend. Brian was so fucked up, he took it harder than any of us. Even me. I couldn't stand seeing everyone so...broken. So, I packed up my shit and went to the place that Jimmy and I loved the most."

"You only moved to Long Beach and you never told us?!" Zacky exclaimed. He tore away from her and stared.

She looked down at the ground. "No, I only didn't tell you. I didn't want you to come find me. I wanted my space."

He stared at her with hurt in his eyes. He didn't say anything as he turned away from her. She frowned and wrapped her arms around her torso.

"Zacky, Jimmy was my best friend. I trusted him with everything and he promised he'd never leave me, and he did. I didn't know what to do. I just ran away."

Zacky still didn't turn around. His fists were clenched into a fist.

"They all knew and didn't tell me where you went?" She didn't answer. Instead, she held back tears. "I can't fucking believe it."

"I'm sorry," she whispered, before backing up and turning around. She stood at the door, and waited for him to say something. When he didn't, she turned the handle and walked out the door. She quietly shut the door and left without a trace of where she was heading now.

She left with Zacky's heart once more.

He sighed. "I'll be alright this time," he whispered, and added, "in time," in his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: ♥