Status: *On the back burner for now.* Tell me if you're still reading please

The Thin Line

What the hell have we done?

It felt like decades but really it was only a second later when Skarleth came pounding on the door as if the house was on fire, “Violet! Open up! It’s important!”

I shove myself free from Clays grip and lips. In a daze I quickly walked over and opened my door to reveal an exhausted Skarleth, all red and out of breath. She looked me, then at Clay then back to my lips. Its like she knows what we just did.

“Yeah?” I croaked.

“I, uh…need a pencil” She said obviously lying.

I pulled one out of my hair, “Here” I said handing it to her. She took it, awkwardly stood there another second before she left running down the hallway into her room. “I never knew a pencil could be so important” I said absentmindedly.

I think that she knows that we just kissed. Oh.My.Pencil. I just kissed my best friend...what kind of a person am I?!

In our defense he tricked you.

Point taken. What do I do now?

Don’t commit the same mistake.

Right…

I turned back to face Clay. He was grinning at me, like if he had been waiting years for that moment to happen. What if he was? I mean I don’t like him in that way he’s my BEST friend.

Violet. You need to focus right now.

“Clay, I have homework to do and it’s getting late…” I told him as I held the door further open. He just smiled up at me from my bed. He was leaning back on his arms, the picture of ease.

“ah, that’s cool. Your pop’s wouldn’t mind me staying over. Right?” he asked brushing his
hair out of his face.

His cool hair.

I remember when he started to straighten his hair and grow it out more. I would call him, Mop Hair, and he would counter by calling my curls sex hair. I remember this one time when-

Focus! He KISSED us! Stay mad. He destroyed the boundary we had between you two.

Thanks for the reminder…me.

Your welcome, me.

I shook my head and Clay gave me a weird look.

“I don’t know. My dad’s been real temperamental” I said rubbing my head

“What if I talk to him?” he persisted

“He’ll be too tired”

“I’ll crash here and he’ll never know”

I would.

Shut up!

“Claude, I think its best if you leave.” I told him using his real name, which said that I meant
business. I saw his bright smile slowly fade. Oh God, I feel horrible.

“oh I get it. My mom’s probably wondering where I am, anyways” he said as he stood up, making his way over to me. He put his arms around me.

“see you tomorrow, shawty?” he asked, resting his chin on my head.

“Fo’ sho my home skillet biscuit” I huffed giving into his hug. He hugged me tighter,
muttered something like a sorry and left.

I can’t let him leave like this.

Your right he has been our BEST friend since we were small.

Shut up, me! I am so not helping.

If I go out now it might mean that I accept the kiss… which I don’t.

I sat back down and filled out applications randomly, hoping that at least one of them would accept me. I need to escape this…this mess, this love triangle that I’m in; even if I have to work to get out.

After filling out a few more applications at stores, stands, and even odd jobs I set the computer to sleep and fell asleep in the clothes I was wearing. I just hope that things will be better in the morning.

I am SO wrong.

[dream realm]

“I can’t stand this anymore!” my mom threw her arms up into the air, “I’m leaving and there’s nothing you can do to stop me!” my mother said grabbing the bags she had on the floor.

“what is your problem Katherine?” my dad asked nonchalantly taking another sip of his alcoholic beverage.

“what? You ask, is MY problem?!” my mom blew, she turned to face him, “its you. You Lying, Cheating, sick, son of a bitch!” she snarled at him before she turned to walk towards the door.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” my dad stated becoming serious.

My mom stopped at the door, “you think that I don’t know about your little whore your supporting? Or you slept with your secretary so many times until she took your money and left? Oh I know, you bastard, I know.”

“And that’s why your leaving, both me and the girls” my father stated.

“No that’s not the only reason why.” My mother said, her hand on the door’s handle.

“Then what? What is it?!” My father asked raising his voice and throwing his drink to the floor.

“You don’t love me do you?” my mother demanded

“No…” I held my breath for my father’s reply, “I don’t love you.”

His voice sent chills up my spine, I hugged Skarleth closer. She was silently crying.

“Don’t expect me to come back.” My mother said as she threw opens the door and ran out
into the rain to the expecting taxi cab.

I bolted out of the closet that Skarleth and I were hiding in, “Mom! No, Mom!”

I turned to face my dad, “What are you waiting for Dad?! Go AFTER her!” I screamed at him my voice cracking.

He only stared at me, “No.” he said

My Heart plummeted to my stomach, “Now go up to your room and go to sleep” he commanded me.

I shook my head and ran out of the house.

“Violet, get back here!”

I ran down the sidewalk after the taxi, “MOM!” I screamed slipping a few times.

The rain poured down harder, "Mom! please don't leave me!"

I can’t tell if it’s me crying or if it’s the rain.

I feel a strong tug on my arm and my dad starts to haul back inside the house. He throws
me inside and puts on the doors lock.

I stare at it in disbelief.

My mommy’s gone.


And I was only 6.
***
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter...if anyone's reading
comments please(:

EDITED: If you see any mistakes please point them out to me in a msg. thanks!