Status: *On the back burner for now.* Tell me if you're still reading please

The Thin Line

Chapter 2: You're Kidding Me.

I gasp and sit up, I’m awake.

I turn to my bed stand and see that my clock radio was playing, Vegas by All Time Low. I glare at the clock, this is so not my favorite song anymore.

I laughed hysterically to myself. What am I thinking? I love this song I’d listen to it all day, then I realize that I have school today.

I get out of bed, groaning again.

Still shaky from my dream, I randomly reach into my cabinet drawer and pull some clothes out, and make my way to one of the bathrooms.

I look into the mirror. There’s no way in hell am I going to be able to control this wild hair! I can forget about putting it into a ponytail. Having no other choice I strip down and jump into the shower. Fifteen minutes later I’m out.

I run back to my room and wake up my computer meanwhile I looked around for my converse and belt that matches with the orange v-neck and black pants that I’m wearing.

If my room was actually clean then I wouldn’t need to be doing this search mission. I find them under my bed and quickly tie my shoes, and buckle my belt on.

My computer pings, signaling that I have a new email, I click it open. Great it’s a video from… oh god, the pink website. Ugh, might as well watch it. I hope that it’s not a clear view
of his Dockers…oh god.

“Violet, either you hurry up or we leave you!” I hear my dad yell from downstairs.

“Coming!” I scream back.

Oh crap! My hair!

I run back to the bathroom and apply moose (hair product) , in hopes of taming my curls. I
straighten my bangs then comb them to the side.

When that’s done I run back to my room, grab my backpack and begin to run outside but something under my foot moved having the floor greet my face, getting me other foot somehow wrapped in my computers cable unplugging the monitor and sending it crashing down right next to my head.

Effing Great.

**

“So let me get this straight you were going to be late to school so you ran out of your room but tripped on your softball. That Clay had thrown on the floor-the night before, the night he kissed you- and when you tripped it took down your computer, nearly smashing your face. While it was uploading unwanted porn?!" Liz screamed, pulling up into McDonald's drive thru.

"It wasn't porn... well I don't know I didn't get a chance to actually see." I replied leaning back onto the passenger seat of her new shiny red convertible. Rich kids are so damn lucky.

"Alright so you lagged it and your little sister told your dad to leave you." she commented while taking off her big sunglasses, not looking surprised at all.

"They didn't even bother to check if I was injured or not" I muttered running my hand through my curls. I don't care if they don't come out to be curly.

"And your stuck here at McDonald's with me and Daisy Duke over there" Liz smiled at me gesturing behind us.

From the back seat we hear Jess complain, "I wear short shorts one time!"

Liz giggled at her sisters outburst.

Liz and Jess are sisters unlike me and Skarleth; their relationship is great even if their only half sisters. When Liz's mom was pregnant with her, her dad had been cheating on her. Liz pops out then three months later Jess pops out, Their so different but sometimes I swear their twins.

Liz sports the happy go lucky platinum blond look while Jess rocks out to the ink black hair bookworm look.

"Don't worry, Boo. We'll get you to school on time. Just need to get some food into our stomachs." she smiled at me as she leaned forward and gave her order to the voice box.

At that moment Jess also leaned forward and whispered in my ear, " that's because this airhead burnt our grill cheese- black."

Without looking back, Liz put her hand on Jess's face and shoved her back, "calm down Daisy duke. Violet you want anything?" Liz asked me nonchalantly.

"Uh, no thanks I've already had a healthy helping of crappy morning with a side of broken computer and messy room." I said sarcastically.

"Good one" came from the voice box.

I looked at Jess and Liz and then to the box. they just shrugged at me.

"Uh, thanks?" I said a bit louder.

"Welcome" came from the box

"Yeah, she'll just have a happy meal" Liz piped in.

What do I look like- a five year old?

"Will that be all?"

"Yep."

"Okay. That comes out to be $12.56. Please have your money ready as you pull up to the next window."

Liz stepped on the gas and was at the next window in a matter of seconds. She winked at me before turning back to the window, money in hand.

What is this girl thinking?

The guy -who was a teen- leaned out the window and got her money.

"Thank you, please go to the next window" he said, smiling...at me, only me.

"God, kid look away!" but instead I blush at my internal outburst, earning me a smirk from
McDonalds boy. If Clay were here he'd say something smart ass to the guy; but he's not here. I don't know how I'm going to face him today.

"Here's your meal, kid" Liz said shoving a red box into my lap. We were on the road already.

"Thanks, mom" I teased Liz as I immediately opened the box and ate a hot fry.

"Hey can I get a napkin?" Jess asked me.

"Sure." I said as I gave her one from my Happy Meal.

"Uh, Violet I think you might want to use this"

"Why do I have something on my face?"

"No, but there's something in this napkin"

I grab the napkin from her, and quickly look inside. What? is it used? I saw what was inside,
my jaw dropped and my precious fry fell out.

"What? what is it?" Liz asked not taking her eyes off the road.

"It's his number"

**
Liz broke her promise we got to school late, missing first period entirely. We all had a different second period so we went our separate ways. Instead of going to second period, where I would sit right next to Clay, I head straight for my locker.

My back pack feels like it weighs a thousand tons and its only getting heavier by the second; I just need to drop it off somewhere before it manages to tear off my shoulder.

I throw open my locker, and shove my backpack in. It was easy since I had emptied out my locker the day before, the only thing that I can use it as now as a personal trashcan for all of the work the teachers are passing back. I grab my Kids Meal and slam the door close. I turn around and hear the crumpling of paper, looking down I see that I stepped on a photo.

I picked it up and see Clay and me to his left. We’re both grinning like the idiots we are. I remember this picture. We had taken it at the park. It was the week after he had gotten the first half of his snake bite piercings.

I remember Jess taking the picture and how his arm was draped over my shoulder pulling me in really close to him, and what’s crazy is that I remember feeling cozy and wanted when he did that. I didn’t hate it at all.

My stomach growled.

I need to think things out, but first I need some food in me. I put the photo into my back pocket for safe keeping as I head over to the Media room. I never did get a chance to check
my email.

**
I settle down into one of the computers at the Media room, which is just really like a library except that it has more computers than books. I log in, and open up the email that I tried to watch at home.

As the video was loading, I began to eat my cheeseburger. I really shouldn’t be eating here but this is important so…whatever. I dip my fries into ketchup, grabbing a napkin to wipe my mouth I stop, noticing that theres writing on it.

I roll my eyes: I can’t believe that he actually gave me his number, but I put it in my back pocket with the photo. It’ll make a funny story someday.

The computer pings signaling that the video’s loaded. I finish my cheeseburger in one bite and click play.

A blond lady with her hair pulled tightly back into a bun came on screen, “Hello LaVaughn Brown”, I scoff I hate it when they use my real name, “my name is Ms. Manning and I work for Canterbury family. Congratulations LaVaughn, welcome to the Canterbury workforce. By looking at your resume we assume that you shall be staying with us as we have our own housing quarters. Boarding is free seeing as you are still a student, and temporarily a minor. It will not be deducted from your pay. Transportation here is free as well, of course,” but of course, I joke, “that includes picking you up at your residence. We hope you can begin work with us as soon as you possibly can… Remember Ms. LaVaughn we expect nothing but the up most excellence from you. Have a good day Ms. LaVaughn, we hope to see you very soon.”

Ms. Manning faded out and a logo appeared, spinning in circles. A number materialized below it.

Canterbury, huh, where have I seen that logo? My eyes wander over to my kids meal box- Nah, they have no association with McDonald's. It’s just me.

“I have got to stop talking to myself.” I muttered to myself as I signed off the computer but I thought anyways. It’s not like the Canterbury's are famous right? I just might take them up on their offer, if I was… someone else, someone desperate, BUT. I really like the sound of being part of the Canterbury workforce. I really like it.

The bell rings ending second period. I gather my trash and walk out the door. I throw my trash away and flow with the crowd down stairs.

I reach the bottom of the stairs I turn to my left and see my locker as well as the entrance doors wide open, and then I turn to my right and see Skarleth and her friends hanging out and giggling by her locker. She sees me looking at her, and flips me off.

Screw her. Screw this school. Screw this happily imperfect world.

There’s only one more day of school left. Nobody would even care or noticed if I ditched.

I turn left and head for my locker. I make it just in time that the tardy bell rings, but instead of going back down that hallway, I go through the entrance doors and begin my long walk home. I have a computer to fix, and a room to clean.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok third chapter- third day in a row
I'm on a roll! :D
comments = love
Show the love!!

EDITED: If you see any mistakes please point them out to me in a msg. thanks!