Status: *On the back burner for now.* Tell me if you're still reading please

The Thin Line

Chapter 3: Making Decisions

Claude’s P.O.V.

1st Period – 1 text sent- Ok she’s late.

2nd Period – 3 texts sent- She’s still not here

3rd Period – 5 texts sent, none replied to.– What the Fuck? Is she ditching or avoiding me?

Nutrition: “Liz!” I screamed as soon as I busted out of the classroom into the hallways, earning the glare of the kids around me. Like I care what they think.

“Liz!” I screamed, closer now. I pushed and shoved my way through the crowd that was moving the opposite way I was.

“Liz! Liz! Liz! Liz!” I screamed, over and over again until I reached her.

“Geezus I heard you at the first Liz” Liz scolded, as she hoisted her bag higher up her shoulder, and shifted uncomfortably.

“I heard you, when you slammed the doors open” Jess commented flipping the page of the book she currently had her nose buried in. I stared at her, hoping that she would notice but she just simply turned the page and continued to read- ignoring me.

I sighed and in the calmest not pissed off voice I could manage I asked Liz, “Where the hell is Violet?”

The confused look in her eyes instantly told me that she didn’t know. What are you talking about?” She asked me, worried.

“Violet’s missing. She’s not picking up my calls or texts” I explained to her as the crowd began move faster.

“Well-maybe she’s here, somewhere” Liz said looking around the crowd for the oh-so-familiar face.

“She’s not at school” Jess commented. We looked at her and she continued, “she would have been in between me and Liz having me explain what this book is all about. Then if she were interested she’d ask me if she could borrow it when I was done, I would say yes, and that would be it.” Jess said marking the page with her finger as she closed her book.

Liz’s and I’s jaw was dragging on the hallways floor.

“What? I’ve recommended her to Scarlet Letter, Sophie’s World, Razors Edge, and if she were here, it would be The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” She said rolling her eyes as she got back to her book.

Emotionally disturbed books I’m sure.

I ignored the thought that Violet read those kind of books. Actually, I don’t think that I’ve ever seen her read.

“What if I go over to her house-?”

“No, not after what happened last night. Just give her some room to breathe.” Liz explained foiling my newly formed plan.

“Agh. Violet!” I muttered loudly.
**

A maze of never ending hallways

As soon as I turn from one hallway the same one materializes before my eyes

I walk down that hall having no other option.

The room gets colder and colder, as I progress down the hall until it’s at a freezing point

I rub my arms to get some warmth back in them, that’s when I realize that I’m only in a night
gown.

No shoes,

No socks,

No sweater,

But I continue down the hallway nonetheless,

Doors begin to appear but I don’t notice them,

What I notice is that I hear something following me

“Who are you?” I scream at it, still walking

It doesn’t respond, but its steps pick up at frightening speed

“Leave me alone!” I scream as I begin to run as well, frantically trying to open locked doors

“Please!” I scream as I sprint towards the other side of the never ending hallway.

I see a light, through a crack of the door at the end of the hallway.

The footsteps only got closer and closer

I can’t escape it

Before I can reach the door, it tackles me to the cold ground

It grabs my arm, and its touch burns into my skin

Turning me around, to face it, I see scorching red eyes

“Clay!”

“You had my heart, and we'll never be world apart” Clay sang.

“what?” I asked completely confused.

“Maybe in magazines, but you'll still be my star. Baby cause in the dark”

“Oh. My. God.”

“You can see shiny cars, And that's when you need me there. With you I'll always share
Because...” he sang as his arms latched onto me, his nails drawing blood.

I screamed but he continued to hold me down.

“When the sun shines
We’ll shine together”

I knee'd him and tried to get up but he grabbed my ankle and pulled me down.

“Told you I'll be here forever
Said I'll always be your friend”

“Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop” I chanted terrified, for this gut feeling of death.

“Took an oath. I'mma stick it out 'till the end” he said as he pulled something out of his back pocket.


His Heart.

I woke up, in a cold sweat. My radio clock was playing Umbrella by All Time Low. I mentally groaned, I need to get a new band to wake me up in the mornings.

I mustered up enough energy and got out of bed. I looked out my window to see that my dad’s car isn’t parked in the drive way.

I looked at the clock, and slapped my forehead. I slept in! I’d better hurry up…wait, today’s the last day of school, oh well! There’s no point in hurrying now.

I take my time getting ready. I took a long shower, properly combed my hair, and ate breakfast. Be the time I got to school, it’s been the greatest day ever. Nothing can stop me!

I’m walking to my fourth, or is it lunch already? I texted Liz like two hours ago that I had arrived but I got stuck in traffic, and for some reason I was still feeling great after sitting in a smelly, hot bus with strangers for over half an hour.

After that little experience, I was craving something sweet so I went to eat dessert at a vintage little diner place. Then I decided to walk to school, which was only a block or so away.

My peace, happiness, and flowing harmony stops when I hear a screaming further up ahead the hallway. I look up to see a circle gathered around Skarleth, Liz, and Clay.

“You knew! You knew she wouldn’t accept me!” Clay screamed in Liz’s face.

“I had to!” Liz croaked through her sobs. I walked closer to the gathering crowd.

“Why! She won’t even be near me!” He demanded turning around throwing his arms up into the air frustrated. I ducked behind some guys head so he wouldn’t see me. I’ve never seen Clay act up like this.

“No, no ,no ,no. She was late today and missed first- she’s not avoiding you.” Liz said, and even from where I was standing I could tell that her eyes were pleading.

“What about second, huh? Or third and nutrition? Did she happen to stop by Jack-In-the-Box for breakfast?! Is that why she doesn’t bother to answer my texts or even to go to class?” he hissed, right back in Liz’s face.

He means me…

No shit, Sherlock

“What? No, she made it here in time for second-”

“Bullshit!” he screamed cutting Liz off mid-sentence. In those few moments the crowd got bigger. Where in hell is a teacher when you need one?

“Stop. You’re causing a scene.” Skarleth intervened, touching his arm in hopes of calming him down. Big mistake.

He shook her off, “what gives you the right?” he muttered before he began to walk away, the crowd parting for him.

“You want to know why?” Liz screamed at his back; he turned around. She had caught his attention.

Liz took in a deep shaky breathe, “ it was her. She forced me to.” She said pointing at Skarleth.

“Shut up!” Skarleth screamed at Liz, but Liz continued, “She wanted Violet to reject you, so she could be your rebound”

“Shut up!” Skarleth demanded again, more desperate this time but it still didn’t stop Liz.

“She wanted to make you forget even hate Violet. To love her instead! And-”

Skarleth reached over and slapped Liz straight across the face.

“I said Shut up! Don’t you know what Shut up means, you stupid whore!”

Skarleth’s voice sent chills down my spine. I turned away from my little sister from all the drama. But I turned to face a bigger situation. It was Jess, She’s hiding by the stairs, her body shaking. I pushed my way towards her.

“Jess are you okay?” I asked touching her shoulder. She was facing the wall and turned to face me. He big eyes tearing, makeup running but what was worse. She was having an asthma attack. She held her arms out to me, then her body went limp.

“Oh God. Somebody help us!” I shriek.

Everyone’s attention was directed towards us, and two boys ran in to pick up Jess.

“Take her to the nurse’s office!” I heard a teacher scream, making the students part for Jess. When her limp body left my sight, the tears started to flow. About time the stupid teachers get here.

“Alright everyone! Get to class, we still have the rest of today to go!” a teacher started yelling ushering the students to move on.

I glanced at Skarleth and Liz, the Gym teacher was talking to them he then grabbed both their forearms and led them away.

I felt two strong arms wrap around me, silently consoling me. They held on tighter to me, “shh, babe, Jess’s is going to be alright”, a familiar voice gently whispered into my ear.

My body wanted to give in to the sweet comforting hug but my mind won’t let it.

I shoved myself free. “Don’t touch me!” I screamed at him. H grabs my arm in an attempt to hug me again but I whither free. He starts for my arm again, “Don’t you dare, Clay!” I hiss at him.

“Why?” he whispers, sad and hurt crossing his face.

“Because! You’re the cause of this I decide that I need some time to myself, time away from everything and you throw a tantrum?” I scream at him, making him shudder.

“I love you so much it hurts”

“I know.” I say as he looks up at me, face hoping, “that’s why I’ve decided to go away.”

“No”

“Yes. I need to clear my mind. The last thing I need in my life right now is drama.”

“Please, don’t”

“Goodbye, Claude” my voice cracks from all the strain of holding in my tears. I turn around and run down the empty hallway

“LaVaughn! Please don’t leave!” I hear him plead to my back, I stop and turn around to face him.

“I need you” he says as he walks closer to me.

My hearts breaking.

The tears began to pour down again.

“Claude, come with us” a teacher popped up next to him, grabbing his forearm. Claude tensed up just as if he was going to fight, but he didn’t. He relaxed his body. And through teary eyes I saw him give me one last pleading glance before they hauled him away.

The tears started to quickly roll off my face before I ran down the empty hallway to my locker. I grab my backpack, and sprint out of school, before any teachers decided to come back for me.

I ran down to the diner that I ate dessert at and used the pay phone in front. I put in quarters and punched in the number that I recently memorized.

The phone rang three times before someone picked up, “Hello? Ms.Manning, it’s me Vio-uh LaVaughn, LaVaughn Brown. I’d like to take you up on your offer.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ok - now that she has a legit reason for leaving, the story, and the insteresting parts, can begin!
comments=love
show the love!

oh and a lot of thanks to Tarzanthegreat for commenting on the story
thanks! ^_^

EDITED: If you see any mistakes please point them out to me in a msg. thanks!