Terror.

Thrill.

Your eyes remind me that of shark's. They terrify, yet thrill me. You circle me, closing in on me, as if I'm prey. But I am but a jelly fish. I am of no value to you, yet you still circle me, watch me, waiting to attack. All I can do is wait. That, I am good at.

You swim away. Confused, I follow you and wonder why I wasn't good enough, why you couldn't just slaughter me where I floated, ripping me to shreds past a point where you couldn't sort out my gelatinous body from my tentacles. As you stalk the other fish and insects, I realize that I am but a jellyfish. Of no value to such a creature. I was almost too vulnerable. I was too vulnerable.

Sadness, like the water that surrounds me engulfs me, closes the gap of oxygen that touched the very top of me. I sink down deeper, in search of my own prey. Hours later, my tentacles full of small fish, krill, and plankton, I reach the layer of ocean that the setting sun still illuminates. There you are, chasing those fish and insects. Some are chasing you as well. You become bored, and cruise in my direction. With your black eyes, full of hunger and... maybe... just maybe... even fear, you glance at me, just long enough to tell me you're watching.

As you watch, I watch. Soon, you're circling me again. You circle tighter and tighter, unaware of what you are doing. I should be afraid, your fins so close, but I just float there, my emotions hidden. You don't see the fear or feeling I own, which irritates you. I feel I should do something. Anything. Without thinking, I pulsate to your left, and alarm you. You wriggle out of my way, and above the water, snatching a tentacle. I feel as if this was certain death, and stop dead in my tacks. I am not relieved, nor surprised, as I watch my tentacle fall and sink towards the black ocean floor. I'm almost embarrassed. You look almost amused, and continue to circle me, just as tight.

You slowly widen your circle and every so often will dip into it, taunting, teasing me. You open your lips, grinning with your sharp teeth, bicycles and their chains welded to them, your eyes widen and so does the space between those razors you call canines. You close in on me once again, and your grin fades as the humor disappears from your black eyes. I freeze, all motion from my dome like body ceases, and then, like lightening, all the familiarity and laughter returns to your eyes. It never really left, actually, it was only hiding like your true emotions do. The sun finally sets and go our separate ways.

In the morning, we are just below where the dawn sun hits the water. You stalk past me as if I'm not even there. This continues as I slowly sink down towards the sand. Later, as the sun just barely passes the top of the sky and I float back up, there you are, circling me just as tight.