Status: Complete. But I still love to hear what you think.

Strange Men in Bars

Oh, We're Doing This

“What is wrong with you, Sara? That guy is beyond gorgeous.” Callie questioned her sister as they waited in line for the bathroom.

“I can’t argue with that, but he’s boring. I need someone crazy and adventurous.” Sara paused to look at her nails. “Someone with tattoos.”

“You know, even boring people have tattoos. And that must mean he’s super nice, because in your mind, nice equals boring.” Callie said and rolled her eyes.

Sara gave her a questioning look. “You really are drunk, aren’t you?”

“It’s your fault. Thank god I don’t have to work tomorrow.”

“Ugh. Cal, we both know that you needed to get out. I love you, but you’re like a total homebody.” Sara said with disgust.

“I’m not a homebody.” This was a sensitive subject and her sister loved to bring it up. Constantly.

“Ok.” Sara said sarcastically.

They stood in silence for a moment. Callie’s irritation growing.

“So, you’ve managed to bag yourself a hottie.” Sara nudged Callie with her elbow and offered her a tentative smile.

“I like him.” Callie said.

“I saw you. You more than like him, you tramp!” Sara laughed and Callie felt a blush spread over her cheeks.

“I don’t know if that’s what’s going to happen.” Callie wasn’t sure. Although, she knew that if she was just going to have random sex with a stranger, she couldn’t pick a better specimen than Brent.

“Well, it should. You’re 24 and you’ve had sex with like one person. James was nice, but you need to realize that there is such a thing as good sex. Hot, fun, orgasm inducing sex.” Sara said loudly and Callie looked around self consciously.

“Quiet, Sara. You’re being loud.” Callie reprimanded her sister which earned her a roll of the eyes.

“Well, it’s not my fault that due to your lack of choice in lovers, or actually lover, that you’ve never had an orgasm with a man.” Sara continued and Callie blushed furiously and covered her face.

“Sara. Shut. Up.” Callie ground out. When she looked up, she found her sister staring over her shoulder with a huge grin on her face.

“I was just coming to make sure you two didn’t get into some kind of trouble.” Brent said as he stepped around to the side of Callie. Callie’s blush increased. She turned away momentarily, waiting for some sort of comment or laugh from Brent. After a few seconds of silence, she looked at him to find him regarding her with a small smile. Not mocking or insulting, but more tender. She was at a loss for words. He couldn’t possibly be real…

“This has to be the longest line ever.” Sara stated, interrupting Callie's thoughts, “Well, I don’t have to go anymore.” Then she turned and left the line.

Leaving Callie and Brent alone in line for the ladies room.

“I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t slightly strange to me. I’m not used to waiting in line for a bathroom.” Brent joked.

“Honestly, I don’t really need to use the restroom. I was just waiting for Sara.” Callie confessed with a small grin.

Brent nodded. “Very nice of you. So, does this mean we can leave the line?”

“For sure.”

He reached out and grabbed Callie’s hand. Suddenly, a woman rushing toward the bathroom pushed Callie, knocking her into Brent who had to reach out and grab her to keep her from falling. Their position left her staring up into his eyes and suddenly without warning, she felt warmth pool low in her belly. Before she could over think or let her inhibitions stop her, she reached up and pulled his head down to hers and kissed him.

He didn’t resist and actually wrapped his arms more tightly around her. She felt his tongue run along her lower lip, seeking permission to enter. She gladly opened her mouth and his tongue surged against hers. One of her hands went to his scalp and she ran her fingers through his hair. The boy knew how to kiss, Callie would give him that.

The sound of someone vomiting nearby pulled Callie from her ecstasy. She pulled away from Brent a little and offered him a smile.

“I don’t usually kiss girls with people puking nearby. Sorry about that.” He said and Callie laughed.

“It’s fine. I don’t normally kiss strange men in bars, so I think we’re even.” She told him as he took her hand and led her back to their group.

Callie wished he would just ask her to leave; to go to his place and lose herself in some wild sexual encounter, but he didn’t. She found herself talking to the man her sister had scorned for being too nice. Even she didn’t understand women sometimes. He was truly a great guy. Not boring as he sister had pegged him. He was a movie buff, loved music, and knew how to make a mean pastrami sandwich. He even knew about football, which instantly made her him think that her sister was probably insane.

“I have to say that Chicago is pretty great, but I miss my friends and family back home.” Jonathan told her. His brown eyes were warm and they didn’t really stray from her face while he was talking to her. Most men occasionally darted to her boobs. The fact that he didn’t made her like him even more.

“I’m lucky to have my family here. I can’t imagine not being close to them.” Callie glanced at her sister who was now flirting with some other man. She shook her head slightly then looked back at the man before her. Well, she’d miss certain things about her family.

“You are lucky.” Jonathan smiled. “It’s the things you don’t think about…I miss the weird things. Talking to my mom in French, stuff like that.”

“French? That is awesome!! I’m so jealous! I've always wanted to learn another language.” Callie grinned widely. It was true. She’d always wished that she spoke more than just English.

“Most people don’t even know I can speak it. They’re shocked when I break it out.” Jonathan said and his expression told her that he’d used this for a joke more than a few times. She grinned even wider.

“Well, I’m impressed. I took Spanish in high school, but that’s it.” Callie looked thoughtful for a moment, and Jonathan could understand what Brent saw in her. There was something about her, an unusual combination of honesty and sweetness. “French is so much prettier than Spanish.”

Jonathan laughed. “I wouldn’t know. In Canada, the two major languages are French and English.”

“I’ve never been to Canada. I have no idea why…it’s not even that far away.” Callie said absently. She saw him smile at her widely and realized that he was genuinely enjoying being around her. Two gorgeous men in one night wanted to be around her. Maybe she did need to get out more often.

“You should go. I recommend it. Have some beers, watch some hockey, you’ll love it.”

“I should!” Callie said, her face lighting up as if Jonathan had just given her some brilliant idea. Which he had. Canada didn't really enter her mind as a tourist destination and now she found herself practically itching to go. They should use him in tourism commercials, she thought to herself. “I will.” She paused and grinned. “I’ll drink some beers, watch some hockey. That sounds fun!” Callie said with so much enthusiasm that Jonathan found himself laughing and wishing that he’d met her before he met her sister, not to mention before Seabrook had met her. Although she was the type of girl that you married and he wasn’t sure he was ready for that. He was only 22 after all. Still, she had damn sexy laugh.

--
Brent was not the guy on the team that made out with random women in bars. He took them home first. Public displays of affection only got you into trouble; however, when Callie reached up and pressed her lips against his, he was goner. There was no way that he wasn’t going to kiss her back. She was such an odd mixture of bravery and innocence, it took his breath away and left certain parts of his body crying out for more than just hand holding.

Now, he watched Callie talking to Jonathan. She was laughing with him, running her fingers through her hair. She took a sip of her drink and he watched as Jonathan’s gaze traveled to her lips and lingered for a moment. That little motion, stirred him into action. He moved toward her with one purpose: to get her back to his apartment as quickly as possible. Not to mention stop her from talking to Jonathan more than was necessary.

When he got to her, she was laughing with Jonathan about something. He couldn’t help the glare that he sent Jonathan’s way; causing the younger man to grin even wider.

“Callie, I see you’ve met Jonathan.” Brent put his arm around her shoulders and gave her shoulder a squeeze.

“I have. We were just talking.” Callie said vaguely. She had been enjoying Jonathan’s company, but she did like the feeling of Brent’s arm around her and she wouldn’t be honest if she didn’t admit that she liked the idea that he was possessive of her. She knew that it wasn’t very modern, but she couldn’t help it.

He smiled down at her. “You want to leave?” He asked, causing Callie to freeze. She did want to leave, but she didn’t know how these things worked. She’d dated her boyfriend for a month before they’d had sex.

“Yes, please.” She said politely, not wanting to seem overly eager. He chuckled.

“I’ll be nice I promise. My place isn’t far.” Brent looked at Jonathan to find him grinning.

“Have fun you two.” Johnny waved as he walked away.

“He’s a nice guy.” Callie said and waved back.

“Yeah.” Was all that Brent could say. He didn’t really want to think about his teammate at the moment. He was focused solely on the gorgeous brunette standing in front of him.

“Lead the way then.” Callie told him and shoved at him playfully. Brent grabbed her hand and they left the bar.

Callie didn’t really get much of a chance to inspect Brent’s apartment because as soon as they entered the apartment, Brent pulled her into his arms and kissed her. She moaned quietly and he paused pulling away from her a little.

“We don’t have to do this you know.” He told her, causing Callie to shake her head. He actually meant that, she could tell that he really would stop.

“Oh, we’re doing this.” She told him and pulled him back into their kiss.
------

He was a hockey player…and he played for the Chicago Blackhawks. Callie had lived in the city forever now and she hadn’t even realized that. How was it possible? She breathed out as she felt the panic rise inside of her. He was famous…and Canadian. She liked that second part and she realized that he had had a little bit of an accent, but not much. When he spoke, she’d though it was sexy and that he was from Minnesota, but another country? And a hockey player?

Her mental freak-out was in full attack when she heard the bed creak. Was he awake? She was just some random girl from the bar that was still in his apartment. She had no idea what to do in this situation. The only other man she’d ever had sex with had been an accountant. That was definitely not in the professional athlete arena. Not to mention that she’d never had a one night stand. What did you do afterward? Where did you go? Did you leave your phone number? Why hadn’t she listened more carefully when her friends described these things the morning after?

Panic and insecurity built in her until she couldn’t stand it anymore…she ran out of his apartment and back to her own. Then she found herself crying because she’d never liked a man more. Oddly, after one night, she thought she might even be falling in love with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I told myself when I got 10 subscribers I was going to update. Now, let's get me some more comments!! Subscribe too though. Lol! I hope you don't hate me because I didn't detail the sex. Sorry 'bout that! On a random side note, I'm actually a Blues fan and I am broken hearted that Oshie broke his ankle. 3 months, he'll be gone!! Holy geeze, what will I do without seeing his lovely locks on the ice???