Status: Complete. But I still love to hear what you think.

Strange Men in Bars

You Can Say The Word...I've Seen You Naked

When Patrick Kane had gotten the flu and been unable to go to the school to meet the kids, they’d asked Brent to go in his place. Brent had easily agreed. Anything to get his mind off of Callie. Callie, the most amazing woman he’d met in a long time, the same woman who’d left before he’d even woken up. He tried to stop thinking about her, but it was impossible. Everything about her filled his mind: her smile, the way she smelled, how her skin felt, her laugh, all of it. He couldn’t help himself. Ever since that night, he’d wake up at night and reach for her. He couldn’t even wash his sheets and pillowcases because somehow they retained some of her smell. He felt pathetic and powerless to change his behavior. He’d never encountered anything like it before.

His teammates had even remarked on it. It wasn’t necessarily effecting his play, as much as his attitude. He found himself checking his opponents into the boards more often and with more force than usual. He’d taken some stupid penalties, but luckily his teammates had covered for him and prevented goals. They knew he was going through something, but he could tell they were getting annoyed. All in all, his mood was one of general irritation.

He glared at her out of frustration and anger and expelled a deep breathe. Why had she left? They’d shared something more than just a one night stand and she’d simply left. From her expression, she was equally as stunned to see him. Somehow that was a relief. She hadn’t planned this meeting anymore than he had. She actually looked a little pale.

He knew that she wasn’t that experienced sexually, the fact that he’d given her her first orgasm had made that more than clear. He recalled the way she felt enveloping him in her velvety warmth and suddenly had to smile. His smile caused Callie to wrinkle her brow in confusion. All he knew was that she was here and she sure as hell wasn’t going to escape him twice. His day was looking up.

+

He smiled at her. She couldn’t understand why. When she’d realized he was a famous hockey player, she’d panicked - panicked and ran. She knew it was a silly reaction, but it had just happened. All her feelings of insecurity had overwhelmed her in a matter of seconds. Why would some sexy, funny, rich, hockey player, who could have any girl he wanted, want her? For more than one night anyway. So she’d run. If it had been reversed and he’d been the one to leave, she’d have been angry, but Brent wasn’t looking at her with anger in his eyes anymore. There was something entirely different there and Callie’s body was responding to him without her permission. Then he grinned at her, and her body went into overdrive. Wetness pooled between her legs, causing her to drop her pen. She was glad to have a reason to break eye contact with Brent. She bent over to get it, and took a fortifying breath.

The kids got to ask the players questions, and each took turns answering. Brent’s gaze only left Callie a few times; usually when he was answering his questions. Then, he would focus on the child asking the question, and return to Callie when he was done. His gaze was intense. Some of the time, she felt like his was mentally undressing her, because he would smile that smile he’d given her that night when they’d been naked on his bed in each others arms. Other times he was just looking at her studying her face, almost like her was memorizing her features. He was making her nervous and she began to fidget. A blush crept over her face. She looked at him and found him offering her that secret smile. She smiled back, it wasn’t a reaction she could control.

“Now, the players are going to come around to sign autographs and take pictures. Do not be rude, and wait your turn.” The principal instructed the kids.

Callie stood up and when she looked back to Brent’s seat he was gone. She didn’t really have time to think about him anymore either, because she was now having to deal with an overly excited group of fourth graders. Jonathan Toews was the more popular of the three, but the other two were in heavy demand. Jonathan came over to the two kids that Callie was standing with and offered her a grin.

“I know we’ve met before. Callie, right?” Jonathan asked as he signed an autograph. Their goal achieved, the kids ran off in the direction of Antti Niemi. Callie was momentarily taken aback. “You didn’t think I’d remember?”

“Honestly, not really.” Callie said with a grin and a shrug.

“Seabs doesn’t usually take girls home like that, made it kind of memorable.” Jonathan paused. “Plus, you were nice to me all night. I’m pretty sure you just felt sorry for me because your sister shot me down.”

“Shot you down? More like took you out with an AK-47. She’s my sister, but she can be a real, uhm, well not very nice.” Callie checked herself before calling her sister a bitch. Jonathan’s comment about Brent not taking girls home had thrown her a little bit.

“It’s good for me to get rejected.” Jonathan told her.

“Keeps you humble, right?” Callie joked.

“Exactly.” Jonathan agreed with a laugh. “You said that you were a teacher, but I didn’t realize you meant here.”

“Oh, I was a student teacher here and they offered me job when I graduated. I couldn’t say no. I love Chicago. Like I said earlier, I’m not sure I’d want to leave.” Callie told him. Her sister really was crazy because Jonathan was impossible no to talk to. Not to mention he had exceptionally gorgeous chocolate brown eyes.

“I bet. I pretty much have to go wherever they tell me to or what team will take me.” He told her and Callie rolled her eyes.

“Please! They’ve painted a mural of you on the side of a building. You’re not going anywhere.” She grinned at him. He smiled back enthusiastically.

Two more kids ran up to Jonathan demanding his autograph. He looked at Callie, gave her an apologetic shoulder shrug and turned to them.

Callie turned to see two of her boys starting to argue about who had the coolest picture. She ran over and quickly settled the argument, telling them that both photos were equally awesome and they were satisfied.

She was watching them walk away when she felt a hand wrap around and settle on her waist. She whipped around and found Brent grinning at her; his hand still gripped her waist.

“Did I scare you?” he asked.

“Uhm…no?” Callie lied and felt a flush rise up her cheeks. “I just wasn’t expecting to see you here.”

“I could tell.” He shook his head at her. “Callie, why did you run?” He cut to the chase. He wanted to flirt and be playful, but found that he couldn’t. He needed to know why so that it wouldn’t happen again.

“I just…freaked out. I’ve never done that before and then I realized that you were…who you were and I panicked.” Callie looked down at the floor. She was actually a little ashamed of what she’d done. Being a coward wasn’t usually her style.

He put his hand under her chin and gently tilted her head up. “You realized who I was?” He was bending down toward her so that he could look into her eyes.

Callie swallowed. “A famous hockey player. For some reason it really freaked me out.”

He let out a loud breath. “A hockey player.” From his tone, Callie could tell he was annoyed. She was explaining this all wrong.

“Yes, and don’t be mad at me. It wasn’t like that.” Callie paused trying to figure out how to articulate what she was feeling. “I just…” She trailed off and could see that Brent was getting impatient with her stop-start speech. “Ok, so, I’m just an ordinary person. I’m a teacher. There is nothing about me that is extraordinary. I know it sounds stupid, but I just freaked out when I realized that you were this famous athlete, and I panicked.”

He released her chin and his hand fell from her waist. “I didn’t think it would matter that much to you. I didn’t hide it from you.”

“I know. And it doesn’t bother me now. I’ve thought about it and realized that it doesn’t matter; it’s just your job. But that morning, coupled with the fact that I’d only ever slept with one other man, it was too much. I was already completely unsure of how I was supposed to act after a one night stand, but leave it to me to do it with someone so completely out of my very limited previous experience.” This time it was Callie that reached out and touched him. She grabbed his hand with hers and squeezed it tightly. “I’m so sorry, Brent.”

“Sorry that you ran or that you slept with me?” He asked with a small grin.

She laughed, “For sure that I ran, not that we…you know.”

“You can say the word, Cal, after all we’ve done the deed. I’ve seen you naked.” He added as a whisper. He wanted to kiss her, but unfortunately they were not in a place where he could. “Can we hang out after you get off. Isn’t it about time for them to be going home?”

“Yup. In about 15 minutes.”

“Calista, it’s time to get the crazies back in the asylum.” Callie laughed as her fellow teacher stopped to stand next to her.

“Haley, you know you love them.” Callie told the other woman. Haley was Callie’s age and they’d immediately bonded when they started working together.

“I do. Didn’t you hear the affection in my voice?” Haley commented then looked at Brent. “So, Seabrook, this year looks good. I’m thinking it’s time that you guys bring the cup back to Chicago. Or at least make a decent run.”

Brent laughed. “Ouch…You’re a fan then?” He asked.

“Do I look like I want your autograph?” Haley asked sarcastically, then shook her head. “I’m a fan of hockey; not hockey players. But I’ve been in love with the Blackhawks since I was, oh, about 7, so I’m just letting you know what I think.”

“Got it.” Brent nodded his head. “Trust me, I want the same thing.”

“Good.” Having said her peace, she turned to Callie, “We really do need to start the roundup.”

“Give me two seconds.” Callie said with a grin.

“It was nice to meet you, Haley.” Brent called after her, she just turned and waved.

“I think she likes me. You might have some competition.” Brent said seriously, causing Callie to make a half laugh half snorting noise.

“Whatever. She has this weird thing with men.” Callie knew that Haley liked men, she just tended to push them away…rudely.

“So, you’ll call me when you can hang out?” Brent and asked with such eagerness that it stole Callie’s breath and her heart stuttered a little. She was in trouble and she knew it, but she nodded nonetheless and he gave her his phone number.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make me beyond happy! So please leave something, even if it's just s smiley face. I will love you forever. And I guess it will be an Oshie story for Megan, because only one person commented on it and they liked Oshie. Pretty please, comment!