Status: Complete. But I still love to hear what you think.

Strange Men in Bars

Obviously it was amazing the first time, and the second time, and the third.

“Holy geeze, Cals!!” Megan said to Callie in the kitchen the next morning.

“Shuushhh.” Callie reprimanded with a small smile. “Brent is still sleeping.”

Megan grinned back. “Yeah, he should be. Apparently, you gave him quite the workout. I’m so proud of you.” Megan wiped away an imaginary tear. Callie rolled her eyes.

Megan continued with a more serious expression, “No, I really am though...you look so happy.” she then paused to take a sip of coffee. “So….how was it?”

Callie blushed causing Megan to comment, “Ah….clearly he is amazing. I guess that’s to be expected. You can’t look like he does and not amass some crazy lovemaking skills.”

“You sounded so poetic there, Meg. But, wait, what do you mean ‘amass skills‘?” Callie asked, and wiggled her eyebrows at her. “I’m not sure that I understand your insinuation. But uhm…obviously it was amazing the first time, and the second time, and the third.” Callie grinned as Megan laughed out loud.

“You are a little slut. And I love it! I don’t think I’ve ever seen you this glowing.” Megan gave her friend a hug. “It looks good on you. Wonderful actually.”

“Thanks, I am really happy. Which is odd because I haven‘t known him that long. But anyway…how are you? I mean really. I know that you’ve been acting all brave and like it doesn’t hurt, but I can’t believe that breaking up with your boyfriend and having your family disown you really doesn’t matter to you that much.” Callie, as Megan’s best friend, could see the unhappiness beneath Megan’s usually upbeat demeanor.

“I’m fine. It hurts, you know?” Megan found herself teary. “But it’s nothing that I didn’t expect. I guess that doesn’t make it suck any less though.”

“You don’t have to be so strong, Meg. I can be here for you, and you can stay here as long as you want to. It actually gets lonely sometimes being by myself. I’ve loved having you around these past few weeks.” Callie wasn’t lying. She loved coming home to someone and having a person to talk to about her day - even just general non-important things that had happened to her. Megan had been an amazing friend when Callie had needed one most and Callie wanted to be able to repay the favor.

“I don’t think you have to worry about being alone anymore. Not if the big, strong, exhausted man laying in your bed is any indication. I’d say that you are actually going to be pretty busy.” Megan smiled again. “I figured out yet another hockey term that I can turn all pervy. Since I’ve officially become a hockey addict, I find myself randomly thinking about the game now. It’s actually somewhat sad to me that when I see a hot guy now I think random hockey things about them. Some of which are completely inappropriate, but totally awesome. I mean, you know, to use in the bar. Pick up a hot stranger. So, you wanna hear it?”

Callie rolled her eyes. “This is where I should mention ‘stranger danger’, but I’m pretty sure you’re going to share it whether I want to hear it or not.”

“That’s why I love you, Cals. You put up with all my crap!” Megan began to bang her hands on the counter mimicking a drum roll. “Okkkkiiiee, next time you want to do the nasty…ask him for a poke check.”

Brent’s laughter rang from the doorway, causing both girls to jump a little. He said, “Ahh, new hockey fans - how they amuse me.” Megan looked at him and smiled. He wasn’t wearing a shirt and she could clearly see all his muscles with every step he took.

“Wow, you really do look amazing without a shirt, Callie was definitely not lying about that.” Megan told him and whistled.

Brent looked at Callie and winked. He was glad she’d talked about him to Megan. He bent over to give Callie a kiss on the cheek. “Working out is a large part of my job.”

“Indeed. I wouldn’t kick you out of bed for eating crackers.” Megan told him. Callie leaned around Brent’s broad shoulders and shot Megan a sharp look causing Brent to laugh loudly.

“I’ll just go to my room now. Yup, leave you two lovebirds alone. You know to do the nasty or whatever else it is that two ridiculously hot people would choose to do when alone and naked. ” Megan wiggled her eyebrows suggestively as she waved and left the room.

“I’m pretty sure that last time we hung out Megan didn't live with you.” Brent released Callie, then walked over to the coffeemaker and poured himself a cup.

“She didn’t. I can’t believe you remember that.” Callie sat across from him on a bar stool. “She and her boyfriend broke up and so she’s living here now. Her family is repulsive and have completely cut her off because she’s not marrying the man they picked for her.”

Brent made a face of disbelief. “I didn’t think people like that existed.”

“I know. It’s completely archaic, but they’re doing it.” Callie was disgusted with the way Megan’s family was reacting. Megan obviously didn’t love Mike, but that didn’t matter to her close-minded parents. They didn’t care about their daughters happiness, just money or status. To Callie they seemed the insane.

“I was going to say old school, but archaic does sound a lot smarter.” Brent commented as he took a sip of coffee. “You being my girlfriend is going to improve my vocabulary. The guys won’t know what to do when I sound smarter than them in interviews, especially Sharpie.” Brent said with a huge grin and Callie couldn’t stop but pull him into a deep kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kinda short. Sorry, but the holidays have kept me ridiculously busy. Happy Holidays to everyone!! I love the comments. They are the best thing ever! Not even kidding :) I'm starting a Crosby story that I'd love some input on. I'm hoping to get out the second chappie soon. Let me know what you think. Comments, suggestions, smiley faces, whatev!!! Love you guys!